Everybody hurts...sometimes...

I really like your pictures toast

You look like mean looking superman !!! :LOL:

I would like pictures below my name.

How you do it??

Many thankyou

Not sure where this post went - seems to have disappeared.

BSD - are you saying here that the $5k amount is too low? Would you prefer $50k? We could escrow the cash and have a formal contract written up by a lawyer if you like. That way we could define the rules of this bet. Say we both throw in $1k right now for the lawyers fees & then bring this bet up to your level a little.

You can put your $50k to charity if you win - personally, my plan would be to bank it.

Also - as this is turning into a cut & paste converstation - you might want to consider Paul Rotter too http://www.trading-naked.com/library/paul-rotter-trader-monthly.pdf

I'll take a bet on him not being imaginary too if you like. Still - I don't know Paul - I just know of what he's supposed to be doing - but like all these guys - you never really know.

These articles (as with the ones you post) could all just be part of a push to bring more people to the markets.

Toast, the entire thing with your idea of putting up 5000 bucks so someone can go see your invented buddy in Thailand or wherever you live, in the day and age of Madoff and faked returns etc etc, and who you conveniently came up with to back up your ludicrous, self-contradictory claim that he is compounding with daytrading but is trading all of 18 mill (!), is an irrelevant joke with absolutely no meaning apart from throwing smoke and mirrors on perfectly clear issues which is all you ever do.

One CANNOT compound daytrading into size because of liquidity, because you will start moving the market.

That is EXACTLY why prop traders daytrading and scalping can achieve tremendous returns but cannot compound them, but hedge funds doing size can compound but with far lower returns.

That is the REAL world.

In real life the bigger you get the more your returns will diminish because of liquidity.

twi, another guy who stopped posting most likely because of moronic BS like what you post here taking over hand was at a prop firm and is at a hedge fund now, stating the perfectly obvious to anyone with a brain:

Many people think if you make 20-30% a year that you are doing brilliantly well. Many here will make 50-100% per month. It is not a methodology you could apply to large amounts of capital such as fund trading but for individuals accounts it cannot be bettered.

If your invented buddy had come up with a way to defy gravity and were really compounding daytrading he'd be the richest person on this planet.

The guys making hundreds of millions and Billions ain't daytraders tho, it's hedge fund guys doing size you cannot daytrade with.

And that's why real life pros with real track records moving size trade off of longer terms charts, another concept clear to anyone who trades for a living and just gets on with it but equally clearly alien to you:

"Dan Zanger (who turned 10K into 42 million in two years and has the potential to go all the way because he knows how to compound with size and holding on to moves over sdays or weeks): I mostly use daily charts. You just can't buy 70000 shares off of a 5 minute chart. Most institutions don't use 5 minute charts, they are using 30 or 60 minute and certainly daily charts."

http://www.chartpattern.com/cf/image...world-2010.pdf

Or our very own head of fx desk at a bank GJ:

Don't trade 1 min or 5 min charts,
Thats my advice

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...at/general-trading-chat/firs...tml#post662450

but rest assured far more serious traders trading serious money use 4h charts than 15 min ones. Fact! (as David Brent would say). :)
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...at/general-trading-chat/fore...tml#post255697

This ain't religion and hence ain't about beliefs, this is about hard facts, and that's why posters like you who clearly doesn't get it as you honestyl thought that taking that daytrading course you took just awhile back was a great idea that was gonna set you up lol or guys like Socrates who lost money in a trading challenge or newtrader going for 1 point gains with onelots and accordingly doing shift work for a living aren't just a waste of time driving quality posters away from here, no, any advice from you guys is plain financially dangerous.

Just like Socrates was banned a guy like you claiming on a trading board of all places that TA doesn't work in the face of all evidence to the contrary in the form of people not overcomplicating trading like Zanger etc etc should be banned as well.

Clearly TA does work, clearly you cannot compound size, and your twisting these obvious facts in an attempt to appear clever or I don't know what floats your sorry boat and without ever offering anything constructive is really misleading to newbies trying to get a chance at making it in trading and is turning this place into comedy central where less and less real traders from hedge funds or banks or trading their own money have much desire to congregate.

And lol yes I do know Paul Rotter, in fact I also know a guy who started out with him at Midas trading house, and like Marty Schwartz etc etc those guys do make millions daytrading, but they ARE NOT COMPOUNDING lol.

The percentage returns Rotter has are gigantic, but he continuosly takes money out of his accounts.

If he could keep compounding his returns - which for the obvious reasons I keep repeating he cannot - he'd be the richest man on this planet which he, just like fellow daytraders Linda Raschke or Marty Schwarts etc simply isn't.

And that's why Rotter started a fund, but is keeping that small, as he understands that with his style of trading he doesn't have a chance at running a big fund like Tudor Jones etc.

I thought I would take a leaf out of your book BSD and do a bit of copying and pasting to prove a point. Below is a list of links which prove that big institutions like Bank’s set the standard for trading. That’s pretty much your argument isn’t it? If WASP was around he could also tell us that technical analysis ‘works’ and it works so well you can use it to trade other people’s money! Where is WASP nowadays anyway? Why did he leave? Do you have any idea why WASP left BSD? You were one of his forum buddies, perhaps you would be kind enough to explain it to everyone here.

As for whether a shift worker could ever really know much about trading, that is about as absurd as a dentist becoming a full time trader and coach/trainer isn’t it? It’s only people who work in an investment bank or hedge fund that can trade, isn’t that right BSD? What advice do you have for people who don't have Billions to trade with? You know, like the majority of newbies visiting this site. What are you going to tell them, don't try and daytrade if your account is over $10 million:rolleyes:

I don’t think it would matter if you do get me banned BSD, I’m not interested in being around here much because of narrow-minded bigots like you.

By the way, did you know that buying low and selling high works? Amazing!:rolleyes:

http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/banklist.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/sep/30/anglo-irish-bank-bailout

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/sep/30/anglo-irish-bank-what-the-experts-say?intcmp=239

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=477329&in_page_id=2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehman_Brothers

Let me know when you start a Trading journal here BSD to show us all how it's really done. I won't be holding my breath.

As with everything newtrader or his buddies posts I completely fail to get the point.

:LOL:

My points by contrast that I back up with verifiable info from the public domain are very clear:

Trading ain't rocket science but just a probability game where the odds are way more in your favour by going for great risk / reward ratios which is kinda hard when cutting winners short arbitrarily at the end of the day...

TA works...

And those two nuggets are the best info any newbie trying his hand at trading should take in if they don't want to end amongst the 95% of failed daytraders.

It's all about bringing the odds in your favour as best you can.

Precisely because I want to help others out I do my part in stating what's what instead of obfuscating beyond belief perfectly simple issues.

Whilst also clarifying that because eventually you start moving the market when trading size you cannot compound a daytrading method into a method generating the kinds of absolute returns you get with longer term trading styles.

Problem is if you manage to make it as a daytrader it'll be very hard to unlearn that short term style as you keep growing and have to become longer term, making your chances of ever howling with the top dogs pretty slim.

Doesn't have to be a problem, but is sthg one should be aware of.

Anyway, that's why Marty Schwartz is a great daytrader but failed in his attempt to run a hedge fund, ditto for Linda Rashke, and is also why Rotter isn't gonna be worth hundreds of millions anytime soon.

And oh yeah wasp was a nice guy, but what's that got anything to do with the fact that he couldn't trade and didn't have a track record ?

I certainly didn't invest any money with him.

As with everything newtrader or his buddies posts I completely fail to get the point.

That doesn't stop you calling it BS though does it?:rolleyes:

My points by contrats are very clear:

TA works

That is like saying, "buying low and selling high works", just keep doing that and you will be rich, right?

You cannot compound a daytarding method into a method generating thekinds of absolute returns you get with longer term trading styles.

You either aren't reading what I write or you are deliberately misrepresenting my point in order to continue with your straw man arguments. I've progressed beyond timeframes and pretty coloured lines whereas you clearly haven't. I won't disagree with you about liquidity issues in regard to short term trading, but that is a point that many people here aren't likely to ever get to and more likely, aren't even aiming for.

I just don't see how anything you have written 'proves' that my advice is worthless. I started out as a newbie and through blood, sweat and tears have become profitable. So, because I don't work for a bank or hedge fund it voids all of my advice? You think that is a valid conclusion? The things you say about me is baseless slander.

I will ask you again BSD, are you going to start a Trading Journal with live calls so that you can show us all how it's really done?

Hell no I'm not gonna start a trading journal haha, I'm not in kindergarten.

As is usual in institutions of higher learning which you do not appear to have ever seen from the inside it's entirely sufficient for me to back up my claims with verifiable facts available in the public realm, something none of you smoke and mirrors obfuscators ever could provide.

You guys simply don't comprehend the success relevant factors behind trading, which is why you overcomplicate everything beyond belief, which is also why your hero Socrates was nothing but a blabber with attention deficit disorder who lost money in the trading challenge he entered.

Good traders keep it simple, people who couldn't trade their way out of a paper bag if their lives depended on it go posting smoke and mirror nonsense without ever getting concrete.

Keeps the plebs more amused that way, as Socrates long standing board career and abundance of admirers here certainly proved.

Those who cannot will always easily be lured and hoodwinked by ongoing veiled suggestions and mutterings about holy grails only a select few are privy to, the trick in keeping the hoi polloi enthralled is never divulging any details, no no, the chosen followers have to invest blood, sweat and tears in translating their gurus gibberish into sense, see.

Of course never divulging anything concrete is not hard to do as nothing exists, and explains why all the Socrateses of the world and those sufficiently deluded and gullible enough to fall for them will never make any money, while guys like Dan Zanger get rich with simple chart patterns, tight stop losses, and letting his winners run for the big money that's found in the big moves.

Do you guys even remember what you are arguing about? I keep seeing BSD state that you can't continually compound profits day trading due to liquidity - Is this not just plain common sense? It seems that BSD is saying this and then new_trader and DT are telling him he's lying for no real reason lol are there actually any day traders in the world moving billions? If there are then DT\NT you are the sh1t and if not BSD is making you look stupid.

Hell no I'm not gonna start a trading journal haha, I'm not in kindergarten.

No, you are in a TRADING forum, get it? :rolleyes:

C'mon BSD, a trading journal for Charity, I'll even donate a % of any profit you make to a charity of your choice. I might even continue my trading journal for Charity if you start one. It's in your hands.

Good traders keep it simple, people who couldn't tarde their way out of a paper bag if their lives depended on it go posting smoke and mirror nonsense without ever getting concrete.

Keeping stops tight, study and practice is complicated? Possibly for you :LOL:

Do you guys even remember what you are arguing about? I keep seeing BSD state that you can't continually compound profits day trading due to liquidity - Is this not just plain common sense? It seems that BSD is saying this and then new_trader and DT are telling him he's lying for no real reason lol are there actually any day traders in the world moving billions? If there are then DT\NT you are the sh1t and if not BSD is making you look stupid.

Liam, have a clue before posting :rolleyes: Like BSD, you are creating a straw man argument. I said I agree with the liquidity issue.

Do you guys even remember what you are arguing about? I keep seeing BSD state that you can't continually compound profits day trading due to liquidity - Is this not just plain common sense?

Lol yeah mate I can't believe I'm wasting my time on this complete, utter and total nonsense :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thing is whenever one starts debating with Socrates disciples like newtrader or Toast one ends up wasting ones time, these guys really drive a lot of serious traders off boards who just don't have time for their uninformed, misleading spin.

And dear newtrader no I'm not gonna start a trading journal.

It ain't about me, it's about generic truths.

Besides, if all you guys started emulating my trades we'd be moving markets then don't you know haha.

Lol yeah mate I can't believe I'm wasting my time on this complete, utter and total nonsense :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thing is whenever one starts debating with Socrates disciples like newtrader or Toast one ends up wasting ones time, these guys really drive a lot of serious traders off boards who just don't have time for their uninformed, misleading spin.

And dear newtrader no I'm not gonna start a trading journal.

It ain't about me, it's about generic truths.

Besides, if all you guys started emulating my trades we'd be moving markets then don't you know haha.

OK BSD you "win".

Everybody should listen to BSD and just keep doing TA until you are rich, simples!

Key is abandoning ego NT.

Try that.

I have, hard thing to do. My trading improved once I did. Abandoning one's ego was one of the first things I read from SOCRATES and at first I didn't understand what he meant. Amazing that you have the same advice as someone you despise.

Glad to hear :)

ego.gif

Liam, have a clue before posting :rolleyes: Like BSD, you are creating a straw man argument. I said I agree with the liquidity issue.

Lol It's not a straw man argument - All I have seen BSD do is show examples of big time day traders who couldn't keep compounding due to liquidity and then I've seen you argue that he's talking sh1t - Show us some traders who have proven this wrong and viola you have backed up your case. Aren't you the one with the straw man argument in this case?

I don't know either way, I only assume that it can't be done - I'm happy to be proven wrong :) This isn't my argument I just don't see anything constructive being said from your side.

Here's what happens when you sell 75 000 contracts in one of the most liquid markets around, you, umm, move the market:

02flash-web-articleLarge.jpg

flash-crash-dow-popup.png

"It was a stock market mystery that had everyone guessing for months: just what caused that harrowing flash crash last May?

On Friday, after months of investigation and speculation, federal authorities finally provided the answer: it all began with the click of a computer mouse in Kansas.

The mutual fund started a program at about 2:32 p.m. on May 6 to sell $4.1 billion of futures contracts, using a computer sell algorithm that over the next 20 minutes dumped 75,000 contracts onto the market, even automatically accelerating its selling as prices plunged.

The report set out the sequence of events that began with the sale by Waddell & Reed of 75,000 E-Mini Standard & Poor’s 500 futures contracts, using computer sell algorithms. Normally, a sale of this size would take place over as many as five hours, but the large sale was executed in 20 minutes, the regulators said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/02/business/02flash.html?_r=2&scp=1&sq=flash+crash&st=nyt

That's why you cannot compound daytrading, you move the market.

It's just perfectly obvious.

Lol It's not a straw man argument - All I have seen BSD do is show examples of big time day traders who couldn't keep compounding due to liquidity and then I've seen you argue that he's talking sh1t -

Exactly, this is all I've ever seen him do and this has been my point! Where are BSD's own...(get it?) HIS OWN examples of trading. I have asserted that he doesn't trade and can only cite examples from text books. Are you up to speed now? :rolleyes:

Show us some traders who have proven this wrong and viola you have backed up your case. Aren't you the one with the straw man argument in this case?

Backed up what case? See, straw man argument.