Evening Trading

Dow Dog

I find that trading the evening session with Nasdaq or NYSE stocks is not nearly as profitable as trading the afternoon session.

I have always started trading the evening at 7pm but find that this may be too early as things generally only seem to hot up after about 7.30pm and that any price action between 7.00 and 7.30 pm can see a reversal after Corrie starts.

I would be interested to hear other people's attitudes and approaches to trading the evening session.

DD - Do you realise just how many people you've just sent off down the path of investigating correlations between UK Soap times and NASDAQ/NYSE stocks...

The first hour and last hour-and-a-half are generally the most volatile trading times on any exchange, but this is all relative of course.

Some days are better than others....but on a effort-reward basis, these times typically offer the best opportunities.

No doubt about it Bramble. At 7pm everybody tunes into Emmerdale and hence there is only limited market action. During the adverts after it finishes and before Corrie starts everyone enters trades and places their stops. They then go off to watch Corrie and return at 8pm.

Their stop is either blown or the trade continues on its merry way.

Good job Johnny Rotten, Jordan and Brocket don't start until after the close eh ?

For my first response I guess I should have said corrie-lations...

As for Jordan and co, I think there are valuable charting techniques to be studied here. Double-top springs to mind...

Yeah, and probably lower lows as she gets older and moves into a downtrend

oh dear...lol. welcome to smut2win.co.uk

Jordans a great girl...but she's got her knockers.

thx ant+dec 4 that 1. classic

Keano

Sorry to be a bit of topic but I am looking for a list of what shares made up the FTSE 100 in July 1995?
It is for my third year dissertation and I cant find them anywhere!

Thanks in advance

Jamie Roberts

BB. It's the exit technique that needs practise. Especially if you dont use 'stops'

lol -

Spoken like a true PRO! Of course - the exit determines your success.

I'm sure she'll rally though.

Thanks dow dog. I have just been through the site, I have emailed them asking for help as I cant find it within the site.

remember not to get emotionally attached to a commodity.