Evening trading US shares

Amzn

Nice trading Grey.

I hope you guys had AMZN on your radar when I gave you the heads up on Friday. I had my buy stop at 63.92 and am still holding. Will sell on any weakness tomorrow. As Grey has mentioned overnight longs should be wary.

BF2, just morning and some afternoons if a good trend day. Max stocks I trade is at most 8. Can manage up to 4.

Regards
PB

Attachments

• AMZN210507.jpg
    AMZN210507.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 240
Nice trading Grey.

I hope you guys had AMZN on your radar when I gave you the heads up on Friday. I had my buy stop at 63.92 and am still holding. Will sell on any weakness tomorrow. As Grey has mentioned overnight longs should be wary.

BF2, just morning and some afternoons if a good trend day. Max stocks I trade is at most 8. Can manage up to 4.

Regards
PB
Lee

are you using TS 8 ? if yes is that slowers then TS2000I?

Grey1

Lee

are you using TS 8 ? if yes is that slowers then TS2000I?

Grey1

Grey

Yes 8.2 build 3896. I don't know whether slower than TS2000i as never used it, but I think you can get a free trial, but I do not have any problems with quote speed. Even dvdh said it looked faster than esignal when I gave him a demo.

PB

Last edited:
This thread seems to be full of quite experienced fulltime stock traders .I know this may be a bit off topic and so my apoligies but i would like to know a stock traders perception on the forex market. Do you think it is just a gamble or can many ppl also make a living from it just like trading stocks? I used to trade forex but became a victim of fraud and lost my money so i am thinking of deversifing into stock.

What would everyones views be if i was to open up a paltalk preivate room for all fulltime traders to talk live concerning the market?

Grey a question for you if you will. From what i see in your thread you are very successful at what you do so my hat goes off to you as ppl in my situation needs inspiration and you are doing it on this thread. Do you only trade a set number and type of stock a day or just whatever opportunity comes on the day?

thanks

This thread seems to be full of quite experienced fulltime stock traders .I know this may be a bit off topic and so my apoligies but i would like to know a stock traders perception on the forex market. Do you think it is just a gamble or can many ppl also make a living from it just like trading stocks? I used to trade forex but became a victim of fraud and lost my money so i am thinking of deversifing into stock.

What would everyones views be if i was to open up a paltalk preivate room for all fulltime traders to talk live concerning the market?

Grey a question for you if you will. From what i see in your thread you are very successful at what you do so my hat goes off to you as ppl in my situation needs inspiration and you are doing it on this thread. Do you only trade a set number and type of stock a day or just whatever opportunity comes on the day?

thanks

Dawine

I donot trade a set number of shares , That would be ignoring risk managment.. I am a risk freak and this is why i am still standing ,,, RISK first reward second ,,, NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND ,,

As far as the type of stocks is conerened ,, I trade two sectors,,, Speculative sectors such as uranium and technology,,

On the speculative secctor i am always diversified and i trade for much much longer time frame ,, ( could be up to 2 days )

On Technology stocks I scalp 20C to 100C depending on the stock ,, I took more than a 1$ from AKAM few days back but I just scalped 20C on JOYG,,

All in all ,, This is a very difficult game and I doubt if stock trading is any easier than FX simply because we are talking about efficient market behaviour and they both are as bad.

OK lets go back to my daily report ,, I met my 4000K target with USU up 78C and SXR up 48C ,,, An awesome run and a quick $4000 for grey1

I also traded JOYG , SNDK , BBY with $611.50 profot up until now ,,

It has been a very profitable 10 trading days for me with an average R:R of 1.87 ( not much to brag about the R/R but this is life )

Attachments

• 611.jpg
    611.jpg
    681.9 KB · Views: 195
Grey

Yes 8.2 build 3896. I don't know whether slower than TS2000i as never used it, but I think you can get a free trial, but I do not have any problems with quote speed. Even dvdh said it looked faster than esignal when I gave him a demo.

PB

And when I say that, it means a lot. LOL.

How're you doing today Lee, I had a really nice trade on MGM! Pretty sure you took it too!
A nice 1.72 on the second half!
Later on I took LVS when it set up at 80.20 and sold it around 80.75. LVS, was the only one lagging MGM and WYNN. When it broke it aggressively moved 60 cents in 2 minutes!

-Dave

Added an attachment of MGM!

Attachments

• mgm.png
    mgm.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

thanks

Hey Dwaine,

I'm sorry you became a fraud victime. That really sucks!!
I know a guy that runs a currency division of a big bank. I can tell you that these guys don't look at charts. This isn't a self full filling prophecy market, like equities (I hope I spelled it right). Money changes hands for soo many reasons in currencies. And none of them have to do with charts! I actually traded Forex on a "sleepy monday", but I couldn't figure out a way to make money consistently. But that doesn't mean it's not possible though. But the point is, it's waaay too commercial towards retail. Just like futures!
Why do you think Forex doesn't show volume to retail!!!
I started out in futures, but was only able to make money on volatile days, when the market was choppy, I couldn't make money. With stocks. There are always stocks moving every single days. With futures, you're limited to a small amount. With forex too! Don't forget I'm a momentum trader, I need volatility!
But there are many ways to make money in the market.

-Dave

Hey Dave

Nice trading man.

Had a v.good day with RIMM. CERN and ASEI, RIMM was a break of 158, earlier this evening, ASEI a break of 51 with a nice tight wedge forming at highs at 3pm, CERN was just a runaway train with momo, jumped aboard at 56.50 level at about 3.30pm level and rode up to about 57.60.
Had 2 losses and a scratch on FSLR and WYNN and VLO

Also, AMZN still holding and watching carefully. Lovely cup its forming but having trouble with yesterdays highs. Smaller position size on this one as swing trading it. Stop around 67 which was yesterdays pm support.

As im writing just watching amzn for a break of 69 for a large scalp if goes.

Regards
PB

And when I say that, it means a lot. LOL.

How're you doing today Lee, I had a really nice trade on MGM! Pretty sure you took it too!
A nice 1.72 on the second half!
Later on I took LVS when it set up at 80.20 and sold it around 80.75. LVS, was the only one lagging MGM and WYNN. When it broke it aggressively moved 60 cents in 2 minutes!

-Dave

Added an attachment of MGM!

Hey Dave

Nice trading man.

Had a v.good day with RIMM. CERN and ASEI, RIMM was a break of 158, earlier this evening, ASEI a break of 51 with a nice tight wedge forming at highs at 3pm, CERN was just a runaway train with momo, jumped aboard at 56.50 level at about 3.30pm level and rode up to about 57.60.

Also, AMZN still holding and watching carefully. Lovely cup its forming but having trouble with yesterdays highs. Smaller position size on this one as swing trading it. Stop around 67 which was yesterdays pm support.

Regards
PB

Awesome man,

I also traded all of those stocks. Except for CERN. MAN, what a chart and what a setup down there. WOW! I didn't find it, only because the average daily volume is under 800k, so I didn't get it in my scanner. WOW. Really nice one man!

RIMM was also good for me for a change, LOL!

-dave

Dave, I don't have a volume filter on Radar Scanner so picks up everything.
AMZN didnt break 69 and some serious selling volume up at 69 so selling swing position for nice profit at 68.81. from entry of 63.92.

Regards
PB

Dave, I don't have a volume filter on Radar Scanner so picks up everything.
AMZN didnt break 69 and some serious selling volume up at 69 so selling swing position for nice profit at 68.81. from entry of 63.92.

Regards
PB

Very very nice. That's one hell of trade there man! congrats!

-Dave

Hey Dave

Nice trading man.

Regards
PB

Finally got through this immense thread, and I have a question (well more than one but I'll start with one ;) )

What exactly made you decide on your entry point for CERN as I'm just not seeing it?

I should say in advance that I'm very new to trading so I may be missing the obvious.

Thanks Jim

Last edited:
Axler

Yes, it isn't that obvious as sometimes when a stock trends as nicely as CERN did on 5 min and there is hardly any selling pressure as observed by no red candles, level 2 bid not jumping around but keeping steady, MM's supporting the price and greens predominating on time and sales, I jump aboard to ride the trend. The actual time of my entry was 15.23 at 56.54 and when it started to get choppy on the 1min at the 57.60 area I closed my full position at 16.02 at 57.61. Obviously exit was way too early as left $3, but my $ target was met so shouldn't be too disappointed.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
and a another thing :)

PB Thanks yes it does

Although I do have a further question why didn't you re-enter at 58.00 when the volume started to pickup? was it simply you were trading other positions?

Jim.

PB Thanks yes it does

Although I do have a further question why didn't you re-enter at 58.00 when the volume started to pickup? was it simply you were trading other positions?

Jim.

No, I had simply stopped trading as I was finished for the afternoon.

Finally got through this immense thread, and I have a question (well more than one but I'll start with one ;) )

What exactly made you decide on your entry point for CERN as I'm just not seeing it?

I should say in advance that I'm very new to trading so I may be missing the obvious.

Thanks Jim

Hi Jim,

if I had this stock in front of me I wouldav bought it at 10:06 NY time around 56.25. You see the setup there on the 3 minute chart and trail it with a 5 moving average. Wouldav sold all around 11:15 NY time around 57.60. And buy it again when it broke the highs at 10:27 NY time around 57.85 to sell it at 11:51 NY time because of the hammer on the 3 minute chart. And a hammer goes before a 5 moving average!

You see the setups? But I didn't trade simply because I didn't have it in my scanner. Need minimum 800k average daily volume and CERN was just below this!

-Dave

Cheers for your analysis Dave.

Dependent on what time frame you trade off you will see different things, and I, like Dave, use moving averages, L2 and candlestick reversal patterns to warn of a retracement/reversal. But the climatic sell signal at the top of the move is a no brainer to exit there and not wait for it to breach your MA.

PB

Cheers for your analysis Dave.

Dependent on what time frame you trade off you will see different things, and I, like Dave, use moving averages, L2 and candlestick reversal patterns to warn of a retracement/reversal. But the climatic sell signal at the top of the move is a no brainer to exit there and not wait for it to breach your MA.

PB

Totally agree! Today looks pretty busy! A lot of gappers:

cypb
mdt
adi
tgt
amgn
vod
al
dcx
frx
goog