Evening trading US shares

PitBull said:
Looks like exit was good as capitulation, and volume climax, now trading up to 28.10
Hats off to you Lee, that's a really sweet trade.
;)Tim.

PitBull said:
Cheers Tim, been a good day! Hope you did well too.

Hi Lee,

Great trading and thanks for sharing

If you don't mind - what news service do you subscibe to - : is it briefing.com, and if so, traders or platinum ?

Thanks,
Frank.

Hi Frank

Briefing and platinum. Normally when the news does hit briefing the move is already under way, but it alerts me as I trade momentum and when something as bad as tax fraud or in CEGE case there was a positive final results on its clinical trials of a cancer drug. These both will attract a great amount of interest and I wait to see whether a set up occurs. If I miss, I pass, but both formed my set ups so they were valid trades.

An excellent book, a little old, but explains about momentum trading is Ken Wolff's book "Trading on Momentum".
Regards
Lee

PitBull said:
Hi Frank

Briefing and platinum. Normally when the news does hit briefing the move is already under way, but it alerts me as I trade momentum and when something as bad as tax fraud or in CEGE case there was a positive final results on its clinical trials of a cancer drug. These both will attract a great amount of interest and I wait to see whether a set up occurs. If I miss, I pass, but both formed my set ups so they were valid trades.

An excellent book, a little old, but explains about momentum trading is Ken Wolff's book "Trading on Momentum".
Regards
Lee

Thanks Lee for the information.

I'll have a read - sounds good.

Cheers,
Frank.

Lee

Great insight on how to catch big momentum plays - thanks for sharing with us.

Regards
Steve

Update

PitBull said:
Holding JSDA for swing trade and looking to add on pullbacks. Already sold some position at 24.15.
from entry of 23.40. Like the stock for medium term play, as a drinks maker just like HANS and HANS went from $10 to $50 within a year!

Hope you caught some RIMM and CEGE!

Regards
Lee

1/3 of position sold at 25.81, bought another 1/3 at 25.01

Stopped out on that 1/3, looking to add at around 23-23.50. Playing with markets money so no worries.

Hi all

Somebody knows something, energy stocks going for it tonight. CNX has been good for me.

All day trender, nice

Just out of interest how did you find CNX? Was it through a scanner, news, sector etc?

Also very interesting to see VLO tonight, was going to go long at break of whole number 66.00 (also the high) but UBSS was there with 13k of shares at 66.00 and it never penetrated. Without L2 i'm sure that trade would of been a loser.

Good trade that CNX.

CNX, very nice on the 15min with a 5ma. Never breached once. When you get an all day trender I use an MA for my exit strategy. Only 3 down bars all day on the 15min. Very nice Timaru. Top man!

Lovely breakout on the daily. Crude numbers this morning helped a lot of energy stocks.

DiscoPete said:
Just out of interest how did you find CNX? Was it through a scanner, news, sector etc?

Also very interesting to see VLO tonight, was going to go long at break of whole number 66.00 (also the high) but UBSS was there with 13k of shares at 66.00 and it never penetrated. Without L2 i'm sure that trade would of been a loser.

Good trade that CNX.

Hi DiscoPete

I use esignal market scanner looking at breakouts/trading above/below previous highs, lunchtime high/lows and last hour high / lows

CNX was a great evening traders stock as nice uptrend during morning session after breaking out of previous 2 day highs, still went up over lunch session and continued riding the MA all the way to the close.

I didn't get as much as I would have liked out of it but still managed about 70c.

Missed the last rally from 41.60 to the 42.00 and left the last half hour alone but still very happy with the trades.

Cheers

Andrew

PitBull said:
CNX, very nice on the 15min with a 5ma. Never breached once. When you get an all day trender I use an MA for my exit strategy. Only 3 down bars all day on the 15min. Very nice Timaru. Top man!

Lovely breakout on the daily. Crude numbers this morning helped a lot of energy stocks.

How do you find this type of stock?

Thanks,

John

Timaru, 70c is nothing to be ashamed of. Well done. We will never pick the exact tops and bottoms, be content with what you got and look at it as could woulda shoulda! My motto, have it printed on my wall, "We will never trade perfectly", " Be content with nice winners". It's not about home runs, but singles that make the consistency.

All the best

Well done guys

2 losses tonite on:

ESRX -0.02
CYMI -0.07

Regards
Steve

I can't look at NYSE because of no L2 access

Nice to see you guys doing so well ;-))
Yesterday was yet another very profitable trading day with lots of opportunities on stocks, even when the indicies were flat ;-)
Richard

Naz said:
Hi Mick,

I dont know about the others but i'm talking about Nasdaq shares .

If you can trade Nasdaq stocks, then there's no reason you cannot also trade NYSE and AMEX stocks, as all 3 exchanges trade at the same time.

E

The US market is open today and there are, as almost always, money making opportunities around.
Amongst several others, even now before the markets open, are NUVO, DNDN, MEDI and DAKT.
Richard