Evening trading US shares

On the NYSE , DOW (Dow Chemical) also looks the most promising of several.
Richard.

Of those five stocks mentioned, two set up and triggered. DOW (Chemical) for +31c and NUVO for +83c. I grabbed the charts and I'll post when time allows.
For longer intra day swing trades,
DOW is currently -1.42%
MEDI -1.74%
DAKT -1.94%
and the longs,
DNDN +5.2%
NUVO + 21.95%
Richard

Every Easter Monday presents opportunities like these.
The percentages I quoted are from the open, not from the previous close, by the way.
I also traded SNDK, VDSI and FITB for smaller profits. No losers.
When I post the charts the set-ups will be obvious. Triggers are from level 2.
Richard

Update on JSDA

Still got 1/3 running from 23.40 and another position from yesterday's higher pivot low at 23.05.
A cramer pump!!

I'll give you the benefit of doubt pssonice, god knows why!

I am holding JSDA as a swing play from last week from an entry of 23.40. It was a daytrade turn swing trade. 1/3 was sold at 24.15, another at 25.81. I bought another 1/3 at 25.01 but got stopped out at at 24.51. Therefore I still have a 1/3 running from 23.40.

I added a full position at 23.05 on Wednesday after it tested support and made a higher pivot low, which I mentioned on a previous post that I was looking to add around the 23 mark.

I will see what happens today at the open and look sell half of my position if it fails at 26, my stop is at breakeven level.

Target, around $30.

I normally daytrade US stocks, but I have just started to also swing trade. So I am finding it quite unusual.

Have a good day.

P.S. For the benefit of others, pssonice posts have been removed but he was asking about my entry, stop and target on JSDA.

JSDA indicators

it is your play.

looking at the most important indicators u cant call this a swing play.
this is a kind of sit and wait and hope.
u got a handful of opportunities to enter and leave the market.

u didnt apply any chart pattern.

it is your play as I said.

I m interested in alerts. jdsa play is over for now and started 25 days ago, u ve to sell JDSA

Be aware that 99.9% of all traders dont have any idea when to sell but
5% of all traders have an idea when to buy.
how is that possible ? because the equilibrium of every stockmarket is disturbed by the majority of buyers res. the minority of sellers. u r one out of 99.9%

Attachments

• Jsda.jpg
    Jsda.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 203
RIMM indicators

by carefully searching at google for the one who called on RIMMs disaster, u will find my call :
a full entry with stop and target just in time.

I sold at the top and covered later on. this is what I would like to call a swing trade.
I used indicators as well as chart pattern.
the chart below is giving u a perfect example how to use chartpattern.

Attachments

• Rimm.jpg
    Rimm.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 186
pssonice

I don't use indicators, I don't need to apply chart patterns as I read price & volume and support resistance zones. I'm not a technical analyst, I fade the TA guys, LOL.

Yes you can call it a swing play.

If it's over, who cares? I've taken a nice chunk.

No waiting and hoping about it, it's called trading.

Good day.

Hiya Pitbull,
Nice piece of swing trading, very nice.

Considering today is the last day of the quiet spell before all fun breaks loose next week, there are some promising opportunities already appearing for this afternnoon including your Jones Soda, DYAX and a certain Monster ;-)

Best wishes,
Richard

Hi Richard

Thanks for your kind words.

Pssonice, just sold 500 at 27.84 for nice $4.79 gain. I thought you said the move was over. Still got 1000 shares.

Oh it's tempting this swing trading stuff to book the money.

JSDA + 3.33% SINCE OPEN
DYAX +8.39% " "
MNST +3.05% " "

Not too tough when you know what you're doing, huh, Pitbull ;-)))
Have a good w/e
Richard

....and that's with the Nasdaq market down 0.22% since open..............lol
Richard

Update JSDA

Target hit already as running like a steam train. Even on restricted list that's how much everyone wants this share. Exit half at 30.66, and trailing stop on remainder as becoming way overextended and overbought.

Great swinging, Pitbull.
Had a good start to the day with my usual momentum trading on hot stocks:
AMZN + 13c
VCLK +65c
FMD + $1.78
Richard

JSDA - Closed out rest of position at 30.41. Move over for now IMO.

Nice trading Richard, FMD was a beauty, APOL was good too.

Thanks, a very nice afternoon - just taken a fistful of $$$ from MEOH as well.
Don't you just love the markets?! ;-)
Richard

Well, JSDA just continues to defy belief...OMG. 31.40 as I write. I'm happy anyway as taken over $7 out of a $30 stock.

PitBull said:
Well, JSDA just continues to defy belief...OMG. 31.40 as I write. I'm happy anyway as taken over $7 out of a $30 stock.

$32.40 even

Nice trade pitbull

timaru69 said:
$32.40 even

Nice trade pitbull

Cheers Timaru, lets see if we get a climactic sell signal, but shares might be hard to find to short. :cheesy: