Euro/$---GBP/$ Where now?

aaaah!!..... :D these are 'snatch' day's pitchin into your territory....not the food for plodders & slow movin animals!!..... :p

or rather....should I say "afternoon's"

Last edited:
Only been looking at it a couple of weeks. Haven't got used to range/moves totally yet. I was out at the numbers time. Might have done me a favour :cheesy:

Hammer I warned you about the consolidation last night, it didn’t stop myself or you going long as we realistically know 190 will happen soon.

I've held out, and not cashing up on a loss. You could have held on too yours as well, or could have used a smaller stake then normal-so you could have tested this 'trend trading'.

If you trade 'short term moves', or if my trading style was intra day then I would have shorted last night. I’m confident that my level of purchase will come back very soon. Minor little consolidation period---nothing major.

Might even buy in again but bear in mind, a 'brief one touch' to 185 is possible.

Just a waiting game now, im gonna go long but just waiting for the right time, don't wanna take another 100 point loss for nothing.

not so good day...

Hello Folks,

Not such a good day today. Punted long from the morning, got stopped out before the total trainwreck. Recouped some dough on Blair's statement and on the figure, not much because I didn't have the web page loaded when the newsfeed came through. It does seem as though one can make a fair bit of cash on those events, since the price doesn't jump immediately...

I've read a couple of stories today... Standard Chartered thinks the euro will hit $1.40 by the end of June. Various other people think cable will hit $2 around the same time. If they're right, there's a few thousand ticks in it... I'm thinking of doing a futures contract.

Look like a bearish triangle to me. Any comments?

Target would be 1.85?

Attachments

• forex.gif
    forex.gif
    108.9 KB · Views: 304
Also looking at the daily chart looks like a text book head and shoulders reversal pattern. With perfect retracement back to the neckline. Two signals for a bear continuation. Comments?

Could be forming double bottom as we speak, with the bottom being 1.86 and the break being 1.89 which would make the target 1.92. Have to see what direction it moves tomorrow. :confused: My money is on bearish continuation, well technically my money isn't on it cos i haven't got a trade open but you know wot i mean! ;)

Attachments

• forex2.gif
    forex2.gif
    99.1 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
watch your calendar of events today (Hammer!)......euro eco sentiment out at 11.00am (gmt)....but the main one's this afternoon to keep tabs on are the revised U.S gdp numbers (1.30)....Michigan consumer conf figures (2.50) & Chicago pmi (3.00)....nothing this side of the pond!

15 & 10 min chart £/$

Looking at slightlt longer timeframes 15 mins & 10 mins shows a different perspective sometimes. Small Trap setting scenario set up this morning.

Attachments

• chart1.jpg
    chart1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 204
Ok will do. See if i can scrape a few point off these bulletins. By the way where do you find out these news times?

http://www.dailyfx.com/calendar/Calendar.html

could be some decent opportunities on the hit & run today......The overnight 8650/60 range needs to be breached first, followed by 8710/60….but it’s still looking bearish at this juncture with the triangle formations + the 660 cap holding it back. From the underside there’s an hourly trend line offering a poss bounce at 565 & a line down from the high’s crossing it at 535 adding to the hold. The Jan 22, 8450 advance will no doubt be the testing point for the bears….more noteworthy imo is the euro…..a failure thru the Jan 19 level and the bears could well get their claws into 1950 & the 1750 resting point…….unless the bulls can push this thing above 2480/2515 soon, we could see the lows sooner than we think!!.......... :devilish:

I have never traded using the news before. How do you do it? Trade in the direction of the breakout or figure out what effect it might have and set up a position before?

take a look at Zenda's recent posts.....limits either side of the channel with appropriate stops are the order of the day when trading (potential) major news snippets.....unless you have those tools to hand, then it can be a mighty sweaty experience imo!!....as mentioned before on here.....guage the trend, wait for the spike(s) to subside, assess the pre/post picture & position yourself accordingly.....there's always time to climb aboard a trend continuation/reversal....you'll soon know if it's "genuine" or not!!

I wouldn't get into forex daily trades without knowing whats coming up for the day ahead. You can normally call your dealing line and they'll tell you or your account may provide you with a dairy.

Flat day today, although it seems as if theres going to be more position trimming which would push the euro lower. I would see this as a great buying opportunity. Or unless US data is that bad then the euro could push slightly higher.

Did anyone buy into the Dax when it dipped below 4000? Now what an opportunity that was!

Whats your TA's and FA's suggesting today then people!?

Trouble with news is that initially the market often goes both ways at once before making it's mind up. :confused:

too right Oatman....those tight scalps are best left to the grit teethed, quick fingered experts!!....look at yesterday's yo yo..... :eek:

Rarely yes.

Having said that, Oatman if some major figure or Speech is coming out and you know the markets anticipating this, either watch real time data and get in on the breakout or work out your own 'Open order entrys, limits' then you'll definately catch a good move.

I was out the other day when Greenspan was talking, otherwise as I said that day I would have put two open orders in and caught the downward move. I've used this system numerous times before, it works. The volatility helps!