Euro/$---GBP/$ Where now?

User

Experienced member
I feel euro/$ is heading towards 1.30 within the next few weeks unless jawboning starts by the E.U officials.

As for GBP, on a longer trend, this will break above 1.90 and head possibly towards 2.00 (long term opinion).

:p

Bought into: Sterling/$ at 18664
Euro/$ at 12742

Wait and see, hopefully no jawboning by officials and it might be a smooth ride.

Any views on opening a position both ways? For e.g. a long and short position in the Euro/$. With the volatility in the markets chances are good to take gains both ways?

Bought into: Sterling/$ at 18664
Euro/$ at 12742

Wait and see, hopefully no jawboning by officials and it might be a smooth ride.

Any views on opening a position both ways? For e.g. a long and short position in the Euro/$. With the volatility in the markets chances are good to take gains both ways?

I put on a scenario yesterday, but hey nobody replied, but anyway decided to go along with it and before Greenspan started jawboning euro/$ was sitting at 12678, I put in 2 orders at 3p.m UK:

Long at: 12710
Stop loss: 12680

Short at: 12650
Stop loss: 12680

Well one got filled and cashed out at 52points+

The two positions I put up yesterday also earned me Euro/$:52points+ and £/$:100points+

All cashed out at about 4.30 today. Not bad for less than 24hrs work: Overall 204+

May the luck be with you......

:LOL:User:LOL:

204 points+ that is, never you mind about the cash sums!

'user:' are you using FA or TA to generate your entry and exit points? Thanks,

bbmac

I don't know where it's going to go, neither do I care.

As long as an instrument moves then thats good enough.

JonnyT

True say JonnyT. BBmac whats FA and TA when its at home?

Well put both into context;

technical trading: if something moves down indicators say sell, for e.g. wall street last week, and today 100% buy given by technical indicators.

Was it technical analysis that made the market trend higher or fundamentally was it Greenspan.

Vice versa; fundamentals can look good but price of stock goes down.

E.g. Vodafone last few weeks. Highest ever subscriber numbers biggest telecom company, excellent fundamentals but starts to move down.

Therefore TA or FA both play a part and also bear in mind nothing is 100%

Technical analysis: was saying sell the Euro/$ last week but fundamentally 'Ricin' found and price moves up.

Sometimes we feel we're right and we may well be but still anything can happen.

For the forex trade today I used nor TA or FA, I used experience. Basically watched the price the whole day then before Greenspan I put orders in as I knew the price was going to break-out one way or the other.

Kind Regards
User
;)

Anyone think that euro$ could take out its previous all time high tomarrow?

So no ones got any views on if the euro will break to new highs tommarow :?:

:!: :devilish: :!:

you don't flip a coin when moneys involved! or do you? :eek:

I'am considering long again tommarow on GBP/Euro vs $?

Lets c how my reviewing goes....

Long: £/$ at 18883
Euro/$ at 12828

Only nerved up to put on small stakes. As we approach new highs the factor of E.U. jawboning can't be put aside.

Wish all Success
User.

$2 for a £

Its got to be !!! although as a small child I remember $4 to the £ :eek:

Zenda, thats my target aswell, we see.
What about the euro? No doubt 129 will be cleared but then heading towards 1.30 thats when the officials will start talking nonsense. :rolleyes:

:cheesy:.....steady on there Zenda!!....."any advance on 4"????......certainly has it in it's sights now though!.....an interesting few day's ahead..... :!: