Euro/$---GBP/$ Where now?

user said:
you don't flip a coin when moneys involved! or do you? :eek:

I'am considering long again tommarow on GBP/Euro vs $?

Lets c how my reviewing goes....

He he he I bet I could get ok returns if I back tested a simple model for a year that buys or sells at a flip of a coin and closes the positon out when the position losses 10%.

Another long open on £/$ by taking a long term view:
18775 June contract.

Spot value looking to hit 190 and will probably stabilise at that mark for a bit.

Robertral I wouldn't be surprised if you achieved good returns.... :LOL:

But I'd like to trade a bit more professionally then that. :cool:

User.......your 1.30 call on the euro could very well turn out to be on the 'conservative' side....the pitiful ramblings at the G7, have done nothing to reign in the buyers!!....can see 1.32/34 on the horizon unless the market sucks in any major smelly whiffs!!....full steam ahead on any pullback??!!........ :devilish:

I’m just about to dive in on a big stake, I'll let u know if I do 'Buk'
wish I was at home a little while ago would have picked it up a little cheaper. Let's See.

130 now seems a guarantee

Good luck all
User

I'm holding a half stake on cable from overnight, otherwise I'd have a dabble there too......watching this action today, push me pull you at the mo, so don't want distractions, but good luck to ya!

Just bought into euro at 12822, buk I only really mention conservative short figures on here;

12925-13047 short term target.
I’m conservative but I do have solid long term views that are not by any means exaggerated.

Short target: 130-132 I’m projecting a ride/rise to 1.32 level in the coming weeks.

When I talked to ECB Trichet and clan on the phone earlier he said that he can only jawbone at the moment and hope it works because 'we don't have the sort of money like the Japanesse have' :!:

135 will see immense resistance on a longer note and at that time unless rate cuts and real-intervention takes place then don't be surprised to head towards 140.

Is that liberal enough for you, for now?

May luck be with all
User

Today has been fairly flat. But I'am impressed as it seems like 128 is acting as a short-term cushion. Don't think it'll be taken out today.

Normal upward momentum remains intact, so previous high may well be taken out tommarow-providing no negative ECB comments.

Hope my views are profitable for all

as is 885 on cable....hangin onto my overnight half stake, these should have more legs by the looksy!

CMC, but also looking at a d/a account....sb's ok for my 'positional' stance, but looking for a d/a account to punt on the (occasional) intraday...specially to claw pips back on pullbacks/retraces....balance the books a little, so's not to get shaken out of my med term punts!

been lookin at an alternative account circa FXCM....heard good stuff, particularly re: guar stops/fills etc......

Why not use guarenteed 'controlled risk stops' I do when I need to, the spread is more but you get filled at direct market value, hence no slippage.

yeah, you're right....you use one firm exclusively??.....never a bad thing to have a couple of 'back up's' in hand though?!

I use IG Index, finspreads sometimes and cantor index rarely.

Current positions for Short term :arrowu: Euro/$ 12822
Euro/$ at 12828
£/$ at 18883

Current position for Long term position: :arrowu: £/$ at 18775

As the Euro has held above 128 yesterday the momentum for today is for a potential move higher which should take out the previous high.