Euro/$---GBP/$ Where now?

hey up mate....climbed on a short yesterday morning on a trendline break, banked half at Friday's lows, got too close to the fire with the other half & lost it before it tanked big time...lol. Sorry to hear you got unseated, but like you say, another day!! just gettin me bearings...time they took a breather, looks like they've come off a tad more overnight....see what today brings.

anyone wanna pop into the 'chat' room??....talkin to meself in here :cry: ....kettle's on!!

So the euro pops up above 123 again and the sterling obviously found support under 180. Interesting!

Lets c what tommarrow brings.

Looking at forex a bit now.
I understand it is a 24hr market but are they any key times during the day eg, US market open, asia open etc. ??

Hard to say, generally quite at night. Moves greatly with numbers, data and nonsense.

Key times are when figures and data are in anticipation you can generally get that info from your dealer or bloomberg etc.

You study charts for trades or do you look at fundemental info?

Mainly TA, but like you say news is a BIG factor in determining entries. Doing quite nicely on a EUR/USD long from 1.2280 8 hours ago - upwards continuation consolidation pattern with a target of approx 1.2360 :)
BTW I use 1 hour chart only.

Thats great. Be consistently strict to your rules, goodluck.

Buk hows the moves shaping up?

I haven't entered back in since being stopped out. The chart however is painting a very interesting picture which could break out either way for the euro. I'll post the chart on tonight. Lets see.

spent the whole day jostlin for a position on both pairs, been a tough couple day's all told.... -17 for the day, up on the week...very messy picture till we get a pop either way......got a coin in yer pocket?? :cheesy:

good levels primed on the charts, just a 'waitin game' till they go.

get yourself in the FX room when ya get the chance...........

go to the home page mate.....you'll see 'trading rooms'/live chat follow the instructions...... :D

look forward to your chart & commentary user......agree, the charts are setting up nicely for an either way move. Cable moved up off the 790 daily support & has the 38% level (8158) of last weeks range as a northerly tgt.....see how it reacts if 790 is once again tested!

Euro isn't far off the same weekly range Fib, 2273 (50+ pips away) with 160/75 offering support....nicely poised!

Last edited:
This could happen:

Attachments

• euro chart.png
    515 KB · Views: 349
That didnt show up too well.

Attachments

• euro chart.png
    1,006.7 KB · Views: 357
Nor did that! lol

Attachments

• euro chart.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 369
Hello, (buk, user, nickerson, zenda and all the other regulars to this thread) i hope you guys are ok and having succesfull trades. Just thought i'd drop in to say hello. Been really busy studying so have taken a break from trading. Will hopefully be back in a few weeks.

Good luck in the mean time.

Hammer :cheesy:

hey up Hammer :D glad to hear you're still about mate! good luck with the studies ;)