Euro/$---GBP/$ Where now?

High and Low for the day - Since last night 10.00 - so it shows very narrow channel

Ok now I'm off to work - cant spend my life just sitting here - ;)

User/Zenda.....my rationale is based on the the trend change (Friday's jobs data)....and the fact the Fed is (probably) likely to leave rates unchanged for the time being, this could drive the 'majors' to bullish patterns against greenback, at least in the short time frame....barring any surprise news releases/eco jumpyness, we could see a tad more north bound reaction....signals aren't too bad on the shorter frames, but I'm still not convinced on (cable) till it flirts with & clears the 240 line!....gonna keep me stakes easy user for the time being.....but good luck with your add on's..... :D

:D we all see 'different things' Options huh??....jostlin for a leetle positional stance this mornin (exit finger flexible :LOL: )....see how we go!!

you added to ya pot user??.......I'm watching that 240 line on euro like the proverbial hawk!!!....looks to be a 'cushion' for it at the mo, but a break of that I'm cashing me chips!

545 proving a struggle for cable at this juncture.....hope he's got his hard hat on!.......cashed half in here, add back in (if) it makes a move higher.

signals turning negative....."bears are calling his name"???

other half cashed & out........maybe time to haul the thick wooly coat out for a little skip about.......... :devilish: :D

Can I canvas how many points (on average) are you old hands looking for?

just cashed out for 100 on cable Jonnyy, (1st) tgt was resist at 550.....euro tgt was the next Fib level (50%) of the recent move....moving away from the 38% and tick up of the overnight trendline....a meagre + 20 on little soiree.

not when it works it doesn't...... :D shame they don't all pan out as planned!!.....reet, off for a lie down, been up a fair while....don't get scratched by those pesky bears, catch ya later!........ :cool:

The result

Bulls won - kicked in - removed bearish orders - presently showing 30 pips profit - Moved Stop to a no lose position - off out... :confused:

Later-OK so only a small profit !! .....looking again...

Attachments

• monday3.jpg
    monday3.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Zenda,
Is this chart to the scale you normally use onscreen? Bring back that pic with you in glasses. I want to see if they are microscopes in disguise.

Cheers

Nah this is normal

Make them smaller to fit thread.....

Attachments

• monday4.jpg
    monday4.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 239
Buk, I added to Sterling position on Spot value @ 18503, it was gaining over 30pips at around 10/11ish then I had to pop out so I moved the stop out and cashed out 7points. Better then a loss I suppose.

How did your day go?

good for you mate!.....scrappy day all round, very messy on cable (as you saw)....unfortunately/fortunately I was up virtually all night (Sunday), family sickness, so managed to get 'in' during the wee hrs & managed the trades from there, otherwise it would have been a frustrating day. Late up today, so just gettin me bearings :D .....loads to do this morning, just havin a peek at things, looking like they're puttin their 'long' boots on again!....see what's in store hey?

decision point for cable???.....arrived at the 240 trendline again, 100 pips away from the 50% Fib (recent move) :|

Me bought in some more: Currently have 3 Euro longs, 2 Sterling longs and 1 dollar index short.

187 on Sterling very soon, I say this due to the GBP not even close to overbought levels which should mean another rally as renewed buying interest is coming again.

According to Finspreads, majority have squared up there dollar longs and are now heading long of GBP in anticipation for 191 again.

Lets see. Flat today, no US figures out today a few GB figures out at 9.30 but that wouldn't spark radical moves.

Hows your trades shaping up BUK?

my colleagues at deutsche advise tht they expect the GBPUSD to go past 2, before it recovers.

I'm flat & waiting at the mo mate!......looking at this trendline rather closely....agree with the positives (signals showing neutral/slightly pos)....a lot of noise around 560, want to see some clearance there first.....at least the levels are there in place to trade :D .......I aint in any hurry just yet.