EUR/USD Predictions

shadowninja

Legendary member
Decided to start a thread to make calls at the end of each day on the movement for the next day of this pair. Will post my calls between 11pm and 1am.

Not going to explain the system or reasoning. Will just state: long, short, stay out.

If anyone wants to play with me, then use a demo account.

Note: these calls will be for swing trading, not day trading. You should be looking to trade in the direction of the call, only.

Last edited:
Do you think a double tops in on the daily just under 1.60? Talk about EU rates easing sooner rather than later next couple months. So maybe a trip south towards 1.38 over next 12/18 months? espescially if 1.49 gives.

Pulled up a daily chart couple days back thinking about dollars gaining , so maybe it'll pan out from here...

good concentration witht the daily calls.

Last edited:
2nd April: Short.

Result: well, there were a couple of fruity shorts (assuming you could take that news scalp).

Last edited:
ummmm....

3rd April: Long.

EUR/USD currently in freefall I wouldn't like to go long - but then I follow intra day momentum.

I've no idea how you trade. Hope it works out. Is your long signal an expectation of a move up today or a move up over the coming few days?

On a daily chart expect move down to possible resistance at 1.5430 ish?

Well, it isn't meant to be a case of go long as soon as I say so. More in the sense that there could be one or more opportunities to go long for some nice profit.

Really started this thread so I could see how a new system I'm using goes.

He's not concentrating hard enough ! (only joking shadow mate)

Cant help myself I think it's in my nature :)

Keep on rockin. How are you monitoring success or failure ? I tend to gauge % from mark.

So I dont know if when you say short or long at that time do you use it as a mark ? Would make the thread easier to follow to if you gave a Price at this time when posting. ? just as a mark.

Not easy cos you got 3 time zones zig zagging after you call it and london will want to load up with value if they can etc..

rock on.

Shame I can't edit the first post. I think this new system might be best applied in terms of sentiment towards major US news. From now on, let us consider it as this.

So, when I post a prediction it is how the market will respond to major US news.

In this respect, there was a very nice opportunity 30 minutes ago.

As stated above, if you fancy flying with me, then demo account only.

love the post... its about as random as it gets... perhaps your call needs some further details...

cant really test your theory without price's / timing ?

my opinion (for the little its worth) is that the USD is about to take an almighty turn... got a sort of feeling in my bones :-]

Shame I can't edit the first post. I think this new system might be best applied in terms of sentiment towards major US news. From now on, let us consider it as this.

So, when I post a prediction it is how the market will respond to major US news.

In this respect, there was a very nice opportunity 30 minutes ago.

As stated above, if you fancy flying with me, then demo account only.

Aaahhh ok now it makes some sense. I find trading the news too volatile and unpredictable but if I see a pinbar then I might be tempted......

4th April: Short.

Result: Well, it did drop after NFP, which surprised a lot of people.

Last edited:
love the post... its about as random as it gets... perhaps your call needs some further details...

cant really test your theory without price's / timing ?

hm I can't give prices. It isn't that detailed. We'll stick to "sentiment with major news from US" for the mo, and see how it goes in a fortnight.

1.5685 +/- 2 pips. Check out a 30min chart, set your stall out around this number. You don't have to dive in all guns blazing. Hope it works out Shadowninja (love the avatar).

Shadow... i am giggling like a little girl as I write... perhaps I will do the exact opposite of you and we can compare notes in 2 weeks..

Price at the moment is 1.5704 talk about put you John Thomas on the table... hilarious...

indeed its not.. lol ... Id love to know if you reckon we will see the pair break 1.5900 again...I am not convinced at the moment... everything points that way but i cannot get this feeling that the driving factors are about to reverse !!! (overall)

perhaps I should put my money where my mouth is ehh ?? maybe I do agree with you after all ;-]