ETX Capital

Flee = fugere, in the meaning to elude, which I was referring to black swan as an 'eluded person', no matter.. Forgot where I was and need to keep things simple. :)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Truth Seeker
you're infact less than a flee when it comes to social standing.

in your own time..

anyhow Rob, hope you're well..

What's your opinion of the 'spread war' CMC might have instigated..?

Not that I expect to ever reach the dizzy heights, but have often wondered what would happen to a trader that regularly won substantial sums from a broker.

There are lots of conflicting stories floating around.

Hi All

Its getting hot in here...

If a client wins a lot of money consistently from us on a regular basis we will of course have a look at what he's doing and how he's doing it.

The spread is our advantage. All things being equal as soon as a client trades online they are offside and we are onside. This is how we make most of our money. Other sb firms that don't charge a spread may do things differently but that is up to them. ETX do not (yet) get involved with spread wars, instead we quote a spread that gives you a realistic chance of getting the trade done and gives us both a realistic chance of making some money.

If a client is therefore consistently beating us we will look at the product that they are trading. If we satisfy ourselves that the price we are quoting is correct we will most likely take the decision to hedge the client fully.

You will have seen from a previous post of mine that we hedge the excess of our permitted risk, hedging a client because he is good is a different model and one that we need to use rarely but often enough. I have no problem with hedging a successful client. The price that I'm quoted will be better than his, i will make slightly more than him or lose slightly less.

ETX have not closed a clients account because he has been a consistent winner trading on correct prices. We have had discussions with clients that have traded on stale prices and fortunately we have always been able to have a compromise. Common sense has prevailed.

Trading in BIG size online has it's problems, you guys all know that. ETX have an online platform that quotes prices in a size big enough for 95%+ of our web traders. We have a fantastic telephone service for clients that trade in big size. These clients have personal relationships with some very experienced traders and the phone broking service we offer is second to none.

I hope that helps. We've nothing to hide... we're all entilted to try to make a profit - thats what business is all about. Those that have used us have hopefully found us to be fair and reasonable and that's the reputation that we strive to have.

Cheers

Rob

Good post Rob, so to sum up 'cos most of us are 5hite at trading the firm always wins..:)

Hi All

If a client wins a lot of money consistently from us on a regular basis we will of course have a look at what he's doing and how he's doing it.

The spread is our advantage. All things being equal as soon as a client trades online they are offside and we are onside. This is how we make most of our money. Other sb firms that don't charge a spread may do things differently but that is up to them. ETX do not (yet) get involved with spread wars, instead we quote a spread that gives you a realistic chance of getting the trade done and gives us both a realistic chance of making some money.

If a client is therefore consistently beating us we will look at the product that they are trading. If we satisfy ourselves that the price we are quoting is correct we will most likely take the decision to hedge the client fully.

You will have seen from a previous post of mine that we hedge the excess of our permitted risk, hedging a client because he is good is a different model and one that we need to use rarely but often enough. I have no problem with hedging a successful client. The price that I'm quoted will be better than his, i will make slightly more than him or lose slightly less.

ETX have not closed a clients account because he has been a consistent winner trading on correct prices. We have had discussions with clients that have traded on stale prices and fortunately we have always been able to have a compromise. Common sense has prevailed.

Trading in BIG size online has it's problems, you guys all know that. ETX have an online platform that quotes prices in a size big enough for 95%+ of our web traders. We have a fantastic telephone service for clients that trade in big size. These clients have personal relationships with some very experienced traders and the phone broking service we offer is second to none.

I hope that helps. We've nothing to hide... we're all entilted to try to make a profit - thats what business is all about. Those that have used us have hopefully found us to be fair and reasonable and that's the reputation that we strive to have.

Cheers

Rob

All sounds fair enough, but why do you consistently supply these 'stale prices'? I've never understood why or how clients are expected to know more about a market made by a SB company.

All I'm trying to do is work with, not against a sb company by being upfront and asking what they are going to let us win fair and square. I know it can be done, I know of one trader who traded with CS and had an arrangement to be left alone to make money so to speak, no silly games just great entries and exits and he earned over a million per year, (I say in past tense because he no longer lives in the UK and I have lost contact) so I know it can be done.
The way I see it is if a sb broker has a successful client on their books, why not copy his trades? I know I wouldn't care just as long as I got instant execution with no games. The experienced among us know that that sb brokers can make life hard for us who can trade well and trade with large bet sizes, and we also know accounts can be closed too.

What connection does ETX have to Greg Secker, purveyor of 2 day courses and legal threats?

Hi All

Cheers

Rob

All I'm trying to do is work with, not against a sb company by being upfront and asking what they are going to let us win fair and square. I know it can be done, I know of one trader who traded with CS and had an arrangement to be left alone to make money so to speak, no silly games just great entries and exits and he earned over a million per year, (I say in past tense because he no longer lives in the UK and I have lost contact) so I know it can be done.
The way I see it is if a sb broker has a successful client on their books, why not copy his trades? I know I wouldn't care just as long as I got instant execution with no games. The experienced among us know that that sb brokers can make life hard for us who can trade well and trade with large bet sizes, and we also know accounts can be closed too.

nobody will close you down they will only put you on a dealer ...

But you're not experienced, you're not successful and you don't trade with large size. The experienced and successful do not make 11% per day, or on average 6% per day. That's the 'return' of Gala bingo players with tiny accounts who lose then top it up, lose then top it up. Your claim that a two second delay "costs you thousands" is not only pathologically revealing regarding your paranoia, your delusions and mis truths it's also pathetic and insulting to those amongst us who rely on this industry for a living.

The experienced and successful do not ask for tax advice/avoidance 'tips' once they're making a few quid, "after years of trying" on a forum and in my experience the successful do not have such negative views towards the suppliers of the technology and the service they rely on, and that applies to all successful folk in any industry, they always have a PMA particularly towards their 'job'. Moaners never move on or up...period..

Further, Rob has already, (as have others) shown you enough patience with answering the same questions over and over again. Have you read his response? The vast majority of successful spread betters swing and or position trade, they don't "scalp the ftse" lol..therefore the sb firms have no problem with these traders, can shadow their trades or hedge..

Your tiresome looped series of questions are as equally misplaced as you bizarre crusade..just stfu and move on...

But you're not experienced, you're not successful and you don't trade with large size. The experienced and successful do not make 11% per day, or on average 6% per day. That's the 'return' of Gala bingo players with tiny accounts who lose then top it up, lose then top it up. Your claim that a two second delay "costs you thousands" is not only pathologically revealing regarding your paranoia, your delusions and mis truths it's also pathetic and insulting to those amongst us who rely on this industry for a living.

The experienced and successful do not ask for tax advice/avoidance 'tips' once they're making a few quid, "after years of trying" on a forum and in my experience the successful do not have such negative views towards the suppliers of the technology and the service they rely on, and that applies to all successful folk in any industry, they always have a PMA particularly towards their 'job'. Moaners never move on or up...period..

Further, Rob has already, (as have others) shown you enough patience with answering the same questions over and over again. Have you read his response? The vast majority of successful spread betters swing and or position trade, they don't "scalp the ftse" lol..therefore the sb firms have no problem with these traders, can shadow their trades or hedge..

Your tiresome looped series of questions are as equally misplaced as you bizarre crusade..just stfu and move on...[/QUOT

I'm not even talking to you black duck!
If I'm so tiresome, why do you feel compelled to reply to all my questions directed at someone else?
I must learn not to feed the chimps....:)

Last edited:
Ye it was funny, but the trouble with the chimps (attention seekers) is that any type of attention is what they feed off. This guy clearly has a mental problem, just because he can't achieve a certain level of trading, nobody else can - It reminds me of the retards that would stick their head under their coat and shout "I can't see you, so you can't see me!" :LOL:

No one makes 3-6% per day, you are a walking eagle..