ETX Capital

I have an ETX silver account (don't use it much, but hey) - they're very good for everything I've used them for, quite happy to recommend them - they've certainly got the best looking platform of all the spread betting companies that I'm aware of, although it is dead slow (about 5 minutes!) to load on safari :)

Thanks Matt, I saw that.. rewording the question slightly then... does anyone use ETX Capital, formerly known as Tradindex?!

cheers

S

Thank you for all for your posts so far. ETX Capital have gone live (quite softly) with our new platform and we hope that we have developed an offering that meets your expectations and requirements. I would welcome any praise or criticism from within the Trade2Win community and where ever possible will endeavour to make improvements that are suggested but at the very least pass on any constructive comments to the relevant departments. I hope that you manage to take a look at the new platform and I look forward to reading your comments on T2W.

does the green account allow one to day trade ? trade ftse and forex?

does the green account allow one to day trade ? trade ftse and forex?

Neil

The Green account does allow you to day trade. The daily contracts are designed to expire at 4.30pm for FTSE Cash and at 9pm for the FTSE Daily Future. FX Daily bets expire at 9pm.

However, our New platform, which we have called 'Silver' has some big differences to 'Green'....

FX for example is now a 24 hour product. we quote 32 currency pairs from Sunday night to Friday night and your bets now automatically roll to the following day and remain open until you close them out. Our FX spreads on 'Silver' are a lot tighter, we quote 2 pips in EURUSD and EURGBP and 3 pips in GBPUSD, USDJPY and EURCHF during Europes session and into NYK. The spreads remain fixed so you'll always know in advance of your trade what spread you need to contend with unlike a variable price which is sometimes confusing.

The order functionality on 'Silver' is more reflective of what you would expect to see on other full service platforms. We offer market, stop, limit, contingent and OCO orders on all products.

hope that answers your question Neil.

Best, Rob.

I live in Belgium, can I open an account with you or is for UK only?
What's your minimum bet size on Daily DAX 30 and DAX 30 futures?

Thanks!

I live in Belgium, can I open an account with you or is for UK only?
What's your minimum bet size on Daily DAX 30 and DAX 30 futures?

Thanks!

Persian

We are happy to open accounts from Belgium clients and any of our European cousins.

The minimum bet size for Daily Dax and Dax Futures is £1 per point.

Thanks, Rob.

Persian

We are happy to open accounts from Belgium clients and any of our European cousins.

The minimum bet size for Daily Dax and Dax Futures is £1 per point.

Thanks, Rob.
What about accounts in other currencies, like the Dollar?

What about accounts in other currencies, like the Dollar?

gle101

You can trade in GBP, USD, EUR and CHF. The minimum bet size for Persians example will be £1, $1, €1 of CHF1 per point.

You can post margin in GBP, USD, EUR, CHF and AUD.

If you would like us to receive funds in a currency not listed please let me know as it is a relatively simple process for us to set up new accounts.

Thanks, Rob.

gle101

You can trade in GBP, USD, EUR and CHF. The minimum bet size for Persians example will be £1, $1, €1 of CHF1 per point.

You can post margin in GBP, USD, EUR, CHF and AUD.

If you would like us to receive funds in a currency not listed please let me know as it is a relatively simple process for us to set up new accounts.

Thanks, Rob.
Thanks a lot.

Some observations on ETX. Before I start I have to say I have no affiliation to any SB broker, I've only ever had demo accounts with Capital Spreads and GFT, neither of which have been very illuminating as they don't seem to relate to realtime trading Forex spot pairs, which is what I'm interested in.

Following the start of this thread I sent a pm to Rob asking some questions - like how do I get a look at their advanced charting, which is only available for funded Silver accounts. Rob's been really helpful, and since then I've opened my Silver account, which is now funded courtesy of Rob

Last night I attended a seminar in London hosted by ETX. This was really interesting, answered a lot of questions myself as a relative noob to spread betting needed to know. The seminar was free of charge, which was an added bonus. At the seminar I got to meet Rob Woolfe, who had come to ETX from IG Index to head up their FX, Nick McDonald of Precision Trader, and Rakesh Rakhra, who gave an intoductory talk covering an introduction to Forex and financial trading, managing the risks professionally, and leading v lagging technical indicators.

So the whole thing was free, although it actually cost me £8.00 return coach from Oxford to London Victoria, and £5.70 for a one-day tube zones 1 & 2 pass. For that I got £100.00 paid into my Silver account with no strings attached, a Seminar which gave me a great insight to the basics of FX trading, great food and wine at the seminar, a free book "The Beginners Guide To Financial Spread betting" by Michelle Baltazar, and a free bottle of Champagne for attending the seminar.

This morning I placed my first trade using my £100.00, a buy on Eur/GBP. I closed out at £4.00 profit, so I now have £104.00 in my account! The execution was really quick, the trade was closed immediately, so quickly it was just a fraction of a second. And I love the trading platform, very intuitive and easy to get to grips with.

If anyone gets the chance to attend one of these seminars I'd thoroughly recommend them. And the £100 funding, which I believe is still available, is a great way for us noobs to test the spreadbetting water in realtime.

I'm a very satisfied customer :)

wow.. nice post by the new ETX marketing team!
:clap:(y)

Some observations on ETX. Before I start I have to say I have no affiliation to any SB broker, I've only ever had demo accounts with Capital Spreads and GFT, neither of which have been very illuminating as they don't seem to relate to realtime trading Forex spot pairs, which is what I'm interested in.

Following the start of this thread I sent a pm to Rob asking some questions - like how do I get a look at their advanced charting, which is only available for funded Silver accounts. Rob's been really helpful, and since then I've opened my Silver account, which is now funded courtesy of Rob

Last night I attended a seminar in London hosted by ETX. This was really interesting, answered a lot of questions myself as a relative noob to spread betting needed to know. The seminar was free of charge, which was an added bonus. At the seminar I got to meet Rob Woolfe, who had come to ETX from IG Index to head up their FX, Nick McDonald of Precision Trader, and Rakesh Rakhra, who gave an intoductory talk covering an introduction to Forex and financial trading, managing the risks professionally, and leading v lagging technical indicators.

So the whole thing was free, although it actually cost me £8.00 return coach from Oxford to London Victoria, and £5.70 for a one-day tube zones 1 & 2 pass. For that I got £100.00 paid into my Silver account with no strings attached, a Seminar which gave me a great insight to the basics of FX trading, great food and wine at the seminar, a free book "The Beginners Guide To Financial Spread betting" by Michelle Baltazar, and a free bottle of Champagne for attending the seminar.

This morning I placed my first trade using my £100.00, a buy on Eur/GBP. I closed out at £4.00 profit, so I now have £104.00 in my account! The execution was really quick, the trade was closed immediately, so quickly it was just a fraction of a second. And I love the trading platform, very intuitive and easy to get to grips with.

If anyone gets the chance to attend one of these seminars I'd thoroughly recommend them. And the £100 funding, which I believe is still available, is a great way for us noobs to test the spreadbetting water in realtime.

I'm a very satisfied customer :)

setanta, from my mod tools I can't see any connection with any ETX member here on the boards, if you look at the posts made by Paul-B so far there's no evidence of any favoritism of a particular platform up to his last post.

Anyway, After having a very nice chat with Rob, I have just had an upgrade of my green account to silver and I like it! the platform is smooth, good looking and very useable. the charts also are really good, they are the same as the advanced charts on IG, well actually you get the alerts function extra which IG advanced charts don't have.

Haven't spanked my £100 away yet as I'm playing the tradefair comp, when I do I will let you know what I think of the performance there.

I suppose I should really start one of those obligatory very short lived threads on how I traded 100 quid to a fortune, lol on the other hand...

. the charts also are really good, they are the same as the advanced charts on IG, well actually you get the alerts function extra which IG advanced charts don't have.

IG has alerts on its charts , and u can trade thru their charts using the alerts ...

Are you a ****wit? Sounds just like it, I have, as I said, no connection of any kind with ETX other than being a very new customer. If you look at my posting history here it goes back way beyond where this thread began.

It's idiots like you who put people off posting their experiences here, and that means that those who come to this board may well miss-out on some really good advice and experiences.

If you've got nothing positive to add why don't you keep your grubby hands off your keyboard and let those of us who are anxious to learn a bit more about trading get on with it?

IG has alerts on its charts , and u can trade thru their charts using the alerts ...

I'm talking about the little bell at the top of the chart, I appreciate that the deal through chart function is not on the etx chart, so may have missed that point actually, cheers tar :)

I think we may be at cross purposes here perhaps, different platform implimentations and the like maybe?

excuse me but i dont understand your first comment , u said IG doesnt offer the alerts function , then u said i am talking about the little bell ... ?

excuse me but i dont understand your first comment , u said IG doesnt offer the alerts function , then u said i am talking about the little bell ... ?

Yes, I first mentioned about the bell, it is not on the adv IG chart unless you start their standalone package, I don't have deal through switched on, so of course thought you meant that was where the chart alert function was, so thanked you for the info, but I'm confused now, are you talking of their trading platform alerts function?

I will post screeners of both in a mo

Attachments

• the alert bell.JPG
    the alert bell.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 331
  • IG - no bell!.JPG
    IG - no bell!.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 482
Yes, I first mentioned about the bell, it is not on the adv IG chart unless you start their standalone package, I don't have deal through switched on, so of course thought you meant that was where the chart alert function was, so thanked you for the info, but I'm confused now, are you talking of their trading platform alerts function?

I will post screeners of both in a mo

ok ok , ADV charts no bell , Real time charts there is bell and u can trade thru these charts using trend lines or alerts ....

sorry for changing the topic ...