esepor.M trojan

RogerM

Established member
The esepor.M trojan has somehow got past my AVG antivirus and XP pro firewall. I get an AVG pop up that says I should run AVG, but it doesn't clear it. I've searched the net for a solution and the nearest I've found is esepor.F - I believe it is designed to hit various web sites to increase the traffic or something like that.

Anyone any idea how I can get rid of it and prevent it from recurring?

TIA.

RogerM, have you been to the AVG website, www.grisoft.com
to check for update's as there are new types of virus's almost daily, the antivirus software people are constantly updating there software, appologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, if youv'e already done this,you could try going to other antivirus website's ie Norton, McAlfie, and perhaps locate the particular type of virus,
also try shareware website's, sorry I don't have any address's
Try google search engine, good Luck !

Thanks for all your help guys. The warning has stopped appearing now so I'm wondering whether AVG now have a fix which has removed it. Any way I can check?

I had a Troj the other week. AVG showed it but would not delete. I kept coming back to it during searches etc and at about 3rd or 4th attempt it cleaned it out. So maybe that's what happened. Just run those scans I put up, and download Spywareblaster.
I run them about once a week.
Good luck