EOD Gold and FX Data

MarkVincent

Hi all,

I am working with Metastock 10 and enjoy it's many features. I am about to get a little more serious but find that MetaStock EOD data does not update until about 10am next day [GMT+1] which is of little use to me [and anyone i guess]

I see a few data feeds out there but does anyone have some advice on a good source of quality data as well as some sort of automated process for collecting it like the system Metastock offers.

Many thanks.

M

eSignal On Demand

MarkVincent,

You should check out eSignal On Demand that not only gives you EOD data on 140 exchanges but intraday data at 1 minutes bars at any time of day or night. Software and stock, futures, and forex data all for $24.95.

eSignal OnDemand

Chuck

Thanks Chuck.

I will check it out.

Following on from this, for whatever source i use - i need to get at least 6 years historic data.

THEN... i want to keep it in metastock format - and read / write to it from Excel. does anyone know good reliable tools to read/write Metastock data from Excel.

Thx

Mv

Premium Data also offers the data you seek, but it is stored locally in MetaStock format rather than on an on-demand basis, so you can convert it. The FX and Gold (futures) data is also convertible via programs that are supplied too with the data: Premium Forex and Premium Futures.

Other conversion programs are as follows:

If you have MetaStock, you can use "The Downloader" which is supplied with it to convert into Excel and/or CSV format.

A freeware conversion utility is available here that can do the same:
Mansoor Home Page

Thanks guys - both options look good.

I will also chase up different tools o import into Metastock as we share these DB's in Excel.

Anyone have any doubts about these data sources - hands up please.

Br Mv