Emini sp500 day traders...

Chartsy

Experienced member
hello i am beginning to day trade ES on a simulator, my problem is i am only back home at 4.30pm over here, which is the lunch session in the US...in other words i miss the open, given that i am tape reading and scalping the tick charts; should i even bother trading the afternoon session? (i can trade pretty much from 4.30-8.30)

Personally I try to avoid trading the first hour anyway so as to let the markets settle which way they are going.

well at the moment i'm just watching a 500 tick chart with pivots and time and sales, and a few major s/r and trendlines drawn from hourlies and dailies

I'd go for a pint & come back for the close.

Not that i'm ever awake for the close - it's 4am where I am. So take the advice with a pinch of salt. It appears that it's quite an exciting time.

pfft then i'm not really getting much screen time though, ill just grind it out and see

unless there any other good eminis or liquid futures markets out there which have volatility during these hours?

thats a shame :(
i suppose i could make up for it by recording the morning session with camtasia, watch that during the afternoon session and then watch the close after those 2-3 hours

Get an account that has Ninja Trader - they have a market replay feature that would be better than camtasia...

I think you can get Ninja & Kinetick without an account anywhere too...

i have a ninjatrader mirus futures demo...i don't think that comes free with a demo .
and i cant afford the deposit needed to get into a tradestation account or whatnot

Tools -> options -> Data -> Record for market replay.

Leave the PC on & connected. Leave open a market analyzer & a level 2 window (not a DOM) for the futures markets you want to record.

You can then go back later & look at charts, time & sales, DOM for those symbols.

btw can you like move the charts about, zoom in and out, change timeframes in market replay?

edit: this is kind of important as i track the 60 minute trend and have quite a few levels/trendlines drawn which i need to be aware of, could just note them down , but trendlines are tought since their 'level' moves up as price trades on if you get me...

Last edited:
btw can you like move the charts about, zoom in and out, change timeframes in market replay?

edit: this is kind of important as i track the 60 minute trend and have quite a few levels/trendlines drawn which i need to be aware of, could just note them down , but trendlines are tought since their 'level' moves up as price trades on if you get me...

If you are really strapped for cash then may I suggest
1.Finspreads.com.
2. play S&P 500 - £1 per point ( IG is £10 )
3. They have reasonable charts you can draw as many trendlines as you wish, plus moving avs etc., different timeframes, zoom etc.
4. free stops/limits
5. Deposit as little as £100

bon chance

ok pat but problem is im scalping for 4-5 ticks so DMA is needed, in time though funding mightn't be a probem, i should have enough built up for 1-2 contracts in a years time

hello i am beginning to day trade ES on a simulator, my problem is i am only back home at 4.30pm over here, which is the lunch session in the US...in other words i miss the open, given that i am tape reading and scalping the tick charts; should i even bother trading the afternoon session? (i can trade pretty much from 4.30-8.30)

lunchtime is sausage hour...most of the money goes to the brokers and floor traders whipping it both ways. FOr me, I find it best on a high volume opening to fade the 1st hour and then play SR bounces after that...

i am using a strat atm which should be able to get a few thousand in a year/two. i figure if i just trade that until school finishes (2012) then i should have enough time and money to trade futures, it doesn't sound like lunchtime is worthwile anyway....gotta get my A-levels over me!