E-Mini SP 500

There have been a few of these expanding patterns (roughly defined) over the last few days. All have resolved to downside. Can lightning strike again is $64k question.

if you look at the daily chart, the chart implies we bust through the highs and make new highs from past price patterns, this type of distrubutive pattern you posted is very characteristic of ES, it could progress higher or lower, but what seems to be more probable is we have to test 1552 in the future. At that point, MM's can decide what course to take, but easiest course is to fade the macro economic implications of the reports. Since retail will be looking at the reports to short it, they can just swing it higher and higher and kill everyones stops before bringing it down.

the other question becomes, why even bring it down?...

probability implications of daily chart

Attachments

• 09262007-162308.jpg
    09262007-162308.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 307
one of the things that can bring it down are poor earnings, or a banking crisis. And we wont know till it starts. So far earnings have been overall good.

here is another probability outlook, the MA's during a bear market crossed.

Attachments

• 09262007-162920.jpg
    09262007-162920.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 307
same outlook but look when they crossed upward, right when the bear market was over.

Attachments

• 09262007-163132.jpg
    09262007-163132.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 262
so what market is it currently based on the MA's?

..its a bull market.

Attachments

• 09262007-191453.jpg
    09262007-191453.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 246
Going to be flying out in 7 hrs.

the key to success is protecting your capital, more so then looking to make a profit. This can only be done, when blatantly obvious trades unfold on the screen. If it takes effort to look for a trade, then the trade has some inherent deficiencies. Protect your capital at all costs. The goal of everyone around you is to take your capital away from you.

learn the tactics how money is 'stolen' from the masses.

this is another possible future for ES, given the severity of the decline, it could unfold as this.

in order for this to happen, recession fears have to plaster the screen, and MM's have to be reflexive/responsive to the media bombardment. Then further price declines can gain momentum. Another banking crisis or insolvent bank could catalyze a situation. I try to look for this in price action, whether there is a hidden/covert seller of epic proportions.

Attachments

• esfractal.JPG
    esfractal.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 268
Going to be flying out in 7 hrs.

the key to success is protecting your capital, more so then looking to make a profit. This can only be done, when blatantly obvious trades unfold on the screen. If it takes effort to look for a trade, then the trade has some inherent deficiencies. Protect your capital at all costs. The goal of everyone around you is to take your capital away from you.

learn the tactics how money is 'stolen' from the masses.

This is the best advice I hae received today.
Enjoy yout time off .

See ya next week (maybe on ES????) Would be nice to see you there.

Come on do not make me beg!

I will be selling 52's when we get up there. Weekly highs and lows are inefficiency zones, that should be faded, for a swing trade. A more conservative approach is selling 62's and buying 57's.

=)

board is closed now.

winter is soon going to be upon us, diminishing light effects leads to psychological/depressive states in broader populations and even traders.

:)

this is another possible future for ES, given the severity of the decline, it could unfold as this.

in order for this to happen, recession fears have to plaster the screen, and MM's have to be reflexive/responsive to the media bombardment. Then further price declines can gain momentum. Another banking crisis or insolvent bank could catalyze a situation. I try to look for this in price action, whether there is a hidden/covert seller of epic proportions.

macro economic gloom can be very deflective.

sometimes looking at the cash chart will show you things that the futures doesn't.

Attachments

• 10032007-201416.jpg
    10032007-201416.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 296
So what do you see? i think we are going down on TH. To tell you the truth,it should not matter all that much to a daytrader. As long as there is decent range and a lot of swings money should be made. However if the market just goes one direction, my account suffers. Until next time