Dreamweaver ( Website builder)

neil

Legendary member
Hi
Here is a puzzle for the technical minded:

I have downloaded a copy of Dreamweaver ( Legit - from the firm ) but it will not start..it says "Dreamweaver has encountered a problem" and tries to shut the browser.

A copy of "Fireworks" also downloaded at same time works ok.

Any ideas to solve the problem to get Dreamweaver to start?

Neil :confused:

Umm, talk to Macromedia Support on their website maybe?

Or, try uninstalling both Fireworks and Dreamweaver, delete their left-over folders, then do a registry search for their names and delete all those entries as well.

Restart the PC and re-install.

If it still doesn't work ask for a copy on CD if they will provide it (why wouldn't they if you've paid for it?!) and install off the CD. Sometimes downloaded files become corrupt.

Good luck. Come back here and tell us which solution worked please!

Neil, did you get DreamWeaver going OK? Was this MX or MX2004?

Have you found any cracks ;) ... in the program yet?

No...I gave it up and am looking at Netfusion8 instead.

neil said:
No...I gave it up and am looking at Netfusion8 instead.

Umm, did you try the above methods to get it working? Did you contact their Support people?

What are you going to do with your copy of Dreamweaver now? Seeing as you've paid for it... how can you claim a refund for software that's been downloaded?

Just curious... :confused:

Bluewave said:
Umm, did you try the above methods to get it working? Did you contact their Support people?

What are you going to do with your copy of Dreamweaver now? Seeing as you've paid for it... how can you claim a refund for software that's been downloaded?

Just curious... :confused:

I went into my "Angry of Tunbridge" mode :cool:

Hmm, shame. I took MX2004 off the macromedia site a few days back, upgrading from an old copy of DW3, and it works fine.

I've also got a trial copy on CD if you would like to borrow it, pm me if its of interest.

rossored said:
Hmm, shame. I took MX2004 off the macromedia site a few days back, upgrading from an old copy of DW3, and it works fine.

I've also got a trial copy on CD if you would like to borrow it, pm me if its of interest.

Hey Rossored, I have DW4... do you think there would be much difference between this version and MX2004? I expect any new features in MX would be beyond my current web design skills maybe...

I dont know to be honest BW. MX2004 includes a lot of stuff that was previously only in Macromedia's Dreamweaver UltraDev, so I dont know if you'd find it useful.

Have to say i find the interface a lot more friendly, the layouts a lot better and it handles a lot of stuff that DW3 couldnt do as well / at all - .php and .asp stuff,plus much better support for CSS. Its also got better facilities for checking your work in other browsers, which I find useful.

I'd say its worth the download, anyway. About 90Mb from macromedia's site. You can always try it for 30 days.

rossored said:
I dont know to be honest BW. MX2004 includes a lot of stuff that was previously only in Macromedia's Dreamweaver UltraDev, so I dont know if you'd find it useful.

Have to say i find the interface a lot more friendly, the layouts a lot better and it handles a lot of stuff that DW3 couldnt do as well / at all - .php and .asp stuff,plus much better support for CSS. Its also got better facilities for checking your work in other browsers, which I find useful.

I'd say its worth the download, anyway. About 90Mb from macromedia's site. You can always try it for 30 days.

Thanks. Over and out. :D

You web savvy builders take a look at www.mediaplazza.com a site that offers white label sites to sell ring tones etc. Seems you down load their code/skin and stick it on a host?
I have a student dreamweaver disc - could I use that to manipulate their skin and build my own site using their code?
I've downloaded their skin (php)? but have to work out what I do now?
Comments welcome.