DOW, Which Way!

FetteredChinos said:
like a tart's drawers....

still looking for a bit more of a sell off, then up from 9750 until friday evening...

9850 proving a stubborn customer....

I agree, Looking for it to go down a little more then I am in on a long, Proberly long term, my take a dec one out.

Nice work FC :cool: Nice to have Genesis paid for in one trade :)

For today, I'm looking to sell into strength early session, stops to b/e at +20. Initial stop just outside 1 min Bolli entry.

Will you be using Genesis over on the FX thread too m8?

Cheers

FetteredChinos said:
not a bad result yesterday eh?

trading done for the week.

1 trade, +105 :)

roll on next week.

not sure about the FX..

genesis seems to rely on market manipulation, and basing patterns thereupon..im not sure how much FX is manipulated, and if it is, whether in the same way....

will try to do some FX back/fwd-testing over the coming weeks..

will let you know...

good trading.

FC

right, gap is near as dammit filled...

in theory we should be heading down now.

famous last words....

DOW trading help pleaseeeeeee........

I wonder if I dare ask this as I have seen some of the responses and I am a newcomer to contributions.

I have been whipped so many times by the DOW and although I only trade smal amounts I never seem to end up making anything.

Can anyone recommend a simple technique please (and before i am lambasted with having a plan and trading it and money management etc etc etc I am aware that there is more to making money in the markets than following someone elses rules.

I have been trading for several years now in fits and starts and never have made any profit). There has been mention here of ema 100 Can I ask what time frame is used with it?

And if anyone uses a system that they have paid for which is even marginally profitable I would be interested. FC you had a result of 105 points is there anything you are prepared to share?

Thanks in advanced.

jonjwood,

What strategy (if any) have you been using so far on the DOW and in what time frame(s)?

I have basically (naievely) been trading smas (usually 21)
I look for support and resitance and other types of break out patterns but I don't seem to be able to get the stopps correct and always seem to get the direction correct but end up on the wrong sides
then I change my positions to cut loses just in time for the whipping to begin.........

thank you for the link
I shall have a read

Pattern trading is one of the most profitable methods. If you're correctly spotting the breakouts etc, it might be worth double checking you're setting the initial stop correctly for that particular pattern. If the initial stop is outside your comfort zone, reduce your stake accordingly....apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, just my thoughts.

jonjwood said:
I have basically (naievely) been trading smas (usually 21)
I look for support and resitance and other types of break out patterns but I don't seem to be able to get the stopps correct and always seem to get the direction correct but end up on the wrong sides
then I change my positions to cut loses just in time for the whipping to begin.........

thank you for the link
I shall have a read

Its not me...you made to call & took the trade!!!!!

Nice profit !!

:cool:

CJ

...hi FC, it's certainly worth browsing the 'other channel' on this stuff - quite an eye opener, if you study it with an open mind. Most think it's codswallop, I disagree on the last few weeks study.

hmm i agree that there is something to it.

the thing is, i generally trade longer time frames than the Map etc tends to suggest (at least from what i have seen) as a result i like to react rather than predict.

are you using delta, or onto vibration and harmonics for your current methods?

or are we onto CJ's "pressure points" . and i dont mean his erogenous zones

FC

The pressure points I tend to post up from time to time ...;) are based on the Jenkins six hour trading day with Mirror fold backs which filter....

CJ

:LOL: I'm using my understanding (so far) of Delta and more often than not wait until the open and time entries using a few indicators (Bolli's and RSI mainly). The EOD TA I use fell in line with 'my' delta, hence taking a pre-open long today, rather than waiting for the open. I'm finding it's providing an edge, but flexibility is key.

Over the next few months vibration, harmonics, more on Gann and Astro are on the reading list. Amazing what you can pick up over the web for free these days ;)

FetteredChinos said:
hmm i agree that there is something to it.

the thing is, i generally trade longer time frames than the Map etc tends to suggest (at least from what i have seen) as a result i like to react rather than predict.

are you using delta, or onto vibration and harmonics for your current methods?

or are we onto CJ's "pressure points" . and i dont mean his erogenous zones

FC

ChowClown said:
:

Over the next few months vibration, harmonics, more on Gann and Astro are on the reading list. Amazing what you can pick up over the web for free these days ;)

ah yes, CJ giving away all the secret hiding places....i may have to investigate these and have a read. Chow/CJ any chance you could PM me some links over the next few days? Ta.

right, im offski for the weekend now chaps.

house-cooling party tonight. pub cricket tomorrow, then a trip to the snooker club on sunday. looks like being a "busy" weekend lol.

good trading all, and its Genesis Week 3 next week....:) stay tooned.

FC

(hmm, Plymouth Away tomorrow. roll on 3 points....)