Dow Intraday Charts 26 Jul - 30 Jul

Good idea on the chatroom CM.

Eighteen months ago I sold my business but have continued to work mornings running the company I sold it to (which turned out to be in pretty poor shape - but that's another story). This split role has enabled me to get a lot of trading experience whilst maintaining an income to support a young family. But yesterday was my last day (excepting a non-exec position) so from now onwards I will finally get to try out as a trader. I am under absolutely no illusions just how brutally difficult this may turn out to be but am very excited by the challenge and the opportunity. August will be a bit messy with holidays and children to look after (we added a new baby to a three and a five year old a couple of weeks ago!) but from September onwards it will be trading all the way.

Although I am new to the CM approach, I am very impressed by my results so far and I look forward to comparing notes with you all over the coming months.

Tony

Chartman,

The chatroom sounds like a great idea, I've often popped in (t2w chatroom) but its always very quiet. I doubt I will make it much this month, but from September onwards I will be a regular.

Keep up the good work.

Enzo

Looks like a big triangle under construction while the conflicting pressures (record high oil price/+ve econodata) resolve themselves…….!?

Could be choppy trading ahead imho........ :confused:

The apparent 'higher-low' on the daily chart has brought some optimists out:-
"The market, in our opinion, several days ago made a turn to the upside after five months of correction consolidation," said Al Goldman, chief market strategist at A.G. Edwards.

wow.........!

Attachments

• 30-07-04.gif
    30-07-04.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Good to see the interest in the chatroom. Despite work I shall probably pop in early on Monday for a quick hello, but due to school hols :rolleyes: will be much more regular Sep onwards.
Off to buy a megaphone, don't reckon my voice will quite carry to Farnborough :cheesy:
Happy Trading

That triangle is looking more defined now with 4 bounces off the lower line and three off the top. Could be good for a move of 80 points?

Justyn.

It could be a dip n fly Justyn......
I have 10 min support at just under 100 so it would be a good short if it dropped.If it goes up, target is the 10 min res line at 220 ish.
So little vol on ES- no clues...

Hi All
I have target for triangle down to 10975 backed up with big M ending at 10100. Wonder if either are correct or is it lunch time so lack of trading favouring down? M on both 5min dow and es.

Last edited:
Looking good so far - down to 10090 - whew you had me worried CM, I had entered the trade and worried that you had seen something that I hadn't!

Hi,
The large triangle that started last night - could it end at 10050 ??

Hi CM
I watch the vol on ES but dont really understand it. If the buy line is higher than the sell lines I think may go up?. Any chance you could list a few rules if you have time?. Cheers and thanks for all the hard work you have already put into this thread. es

Its nice to see so many happy campers, this has got to be the most optimistic thread on the boards. Good Luck everyone.

only one trade today short at 10144 closed at 10100.

For +44

Which is pretty good for me.

Carlos.

Well, out for a few points profit and might call it a night. Happy trading everyone, going to have a few beers and relax I think.

Justyn.

There's really only two things I look for on ES vol. One is 3 lower lows on volume, matched by 3 lower lows on black bars (down ticks) that correspond with a 3 pk ND on the dow. This is double confirmation if you're not sure about the ND.The other is called a "blow off bottom" where on a down tick with a long tail, you get a 2-3 x normal volume spike.This usually confirms a reversal. I'm not a vol wiz, so I just use those two basic things. Understanding volume is a complete subject in itself- practised by those from the darkside.