Dow Intraday Charts 07 Sept - 10 Sept

you fading it CM ??

gapping above a previous high is generally bearish, and we arent far from that at the moment...

After Friday's intial bounce off 320, 300 appeared to be offering resistance and 264 offering support. I'll be looking to see what happens at these prices with interest today.

I also drew some Fib lines on my chart and a 38% retrace from the Thur/Fri push up would appear (to me) to be 266 with the 50% figure at 249 and 66% at 232.

Justyn.

welcome to the club sall.

lets hope the majority are of the same mind and bring this market down.

what level are you targetting? im reckoning on 10,270 first, then perhaps 10,200

hey FC thanks I 'm out already @ 10311, will jump in for a further opportunity somewhere

nicely done...sall..

im short, but starting to sweat a bit on this one. thought we would have got through 10,300 by now...

sure cheers, RSI postiviness is making think twice about selling at present, let's see what occurs in the next half hour, hugging the 100 ema

Is this normal? The current YM chart looks like an illiquid small cap on a Sunday afternoon.

Attachments

• ym.gif
    ym.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 317
Is the 10340 area the inner zone FC...??? using a varation on the linda bradford raschke deviation method?????

As I see you put the 10370 area in the journal

Last edited:
bless you a320. (did you sneeze?)

no idea what you are on about...

can you stop finding things for me to research and read. :)

CJ , you are into all things esoteric etc. do you think delta is worthy of further study? i had a look at the stuff posted on delta over on the "other channel" , and it all seems a bit vague. do you know anything of Nexus? does it pinpoint time and price, rather than just time?

ta

FC

edit:- 10,370 is in there for several reasons buddy :) mainly because it is the year of my birth.

im a time traveller, dontcha know :)

Yes...its always good to know the points of order in delta...IMHO
Nexus ....hmmm Maybe The Bramble is better to answer that particular sensitive subject ;) :cheesy: :cheesy:

On the standard deviation thing I'm just taking a well know method of working out inner/ middle /outer targets based on the closeing price of the trading week ...Me just playing with numbers,... :eek:

That journal of yours has been great for researching :cheesy:

pleasure to be of service CJ lol..

i know that you are getting close-ish as to how genesis works generally, but trust me, the nuances of it are astounding. nigh on impossible to code into excel. i am getting there, but it isnt easy...

so when is the next Orange day on delta?? thursday??

phew. finally i think the dow is on the way down. broken the up channel since early afternoon GMT, now down at 10,340.

am still short from 10,310 . came soooo close to getting stopped out. :rolleyes:

better not count those chickens though!!!

FC

Today is orange... Wednesday green, Thrusday red , Friday blue.

right. cool. so does that imply that today would be a turning point??

what purpose do the other days serve? apart from filling the gaps lol?

i suppose i should buy the book, but i want to see if it is worthwhile, and impressions on TT are that it leaves a lot of questions un -answered.

cheers..

FC :)

Tuesday 7th September 2004

Markets closed yesterday for Labor Day.

Opens with large gap up taking out Friday's high. Tempted to short at 10332 looking for retrace to 100ema but no YM prices on IB - what a joke.

10:33 Price approaches 100 ema for first time but still mid-gap close so very wary of entering here. Oscillates around flat 100 ema.

10:55 Potential long off PD just below 100 ema but I missed it. Would have got in somewhere around 10310-10313 on index. Should have taken it, whatever outcome.

12:06 Bounces off HOD at 10341 but no exit signal yet.

12:27 Back at 100 ema following possible double top at 10340/341

12:35 TRADE ENTRY: Long at 10325 after resistance at 100 ema but really should have taken an entry earlier. The upside momentum has been very weak and there's still a gap to close!! Moves back to HOD but O/B and stalls before breaking through. Needs volume and follow through. NQ holding back. And back down it comes. Not convincing as a break to the upside. Upper channel on daily chart around 10385 and can expect strong resistance there (if it ever gets that high). Might prove to be a bit of a magnet. Then another push up as NQ joins party followed by an ugly reversal looking bar on DJ, YM and ES. First ND on RSI. Coming down pretty strongly now.

13:16 Possible triple ND exit but right on 25 minute threshold. Holding on for at least one more push up. Drifts sideways just below HOD. Price and indicators look quite strong but no follow through upside action and if it falls a modest profit could be wiped out very quickly.

13:45 New HOD in DJ but stalls at 10364 and triple ND on CCI but no longer on RSI which has broken up again. Price stalls and seems to be weak across the board but still no clear exit (without forcing one). Dropping like a stone and back at 100 ema. That was horrific. Dropped 30 points and profit destroyed. Just keeps coming down and into loss. Unforgivable really but I didn't see the exit. Divergences to the downside but I'll be stopped out soon.

14:33 TRADE EXIT. -10 Well I've messed up the entry and the exit on this one. Just under 40 points profit at one point all given back and closed for a loss. That really hurts.

15:18 TRADE ENTRY: Short 10319 (10317 YM) on break down from 100 ema. If it drops, will it break 300, LOD or even close gap? Small drop then seems to bounce straight up into potential H/S to the upside. This is tough. Surely it can at least test the lows again? And all the way back to entry with time running out. And now this one is in loss too. I just cannot believe this today - back above the 100 ema.

Close TRADE EXIT: with close near and trade going horribly against me I'm out. -20. Disaster.

I hate these 60 something range days.

-30 from 2

-28 overall for September so far

For my first 'proper' month as a full time trader, September has not exactly got off to a very good start!!!

Attachments

• 20040907.jpg
    20040907.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 255