Dow Elevator Trading System

Hi Nick,

Is this system applicable to stocks or forex or is it only applicable on the DOW

Thanks

Marty

Hello Marty, it is just workable on the Dow, however the author of the system does a forex course as well, I don't think I'm allowed to advertise it on these boards but you will probably find a link on his website - or google it.

Best wishes, Nick

Just received my course. I use Metatrader 4 for my charting but this only displays the 'official' Dow market and not the morning market. Is there any other preferably free charting software which displays the morning unofficial dow trading times (ie am). BTW your right Nick about having to read and re-read the material but once it's learned it should become second nature.

brownie3 said:
Just received my course. I use Metatrader 4 for my charting but this only displays the 'official' Dow market and not the morning market. Is there any other preferably free charting software which displays the morning unofficial dow trading times (ie am). BTW your right Nick about having to read and re-read the material but once it's learned it should become second nature.

As far as I know (glad to be corrected !!) the only 'free' morning prices/charting software you will be able to obtain for the Dow are from the SB companies. You'll have to open an account before you can access it but I believe you can open one with Finspreads without depositing any money - please check. CMC markets charting software is very good but you'll have to give them a minimum of £200 before you can get to use theirs. Other threads on here seem to rate CMC and I've had no probs.......

Yes, it does become second nature, once read a few times - keep at it, it will be worth it.

Nick

As promised, I am posting my monthly results for trading the Dow Elevator Trading System. Happy to report a gain of 272 pips for January '07, which includes one losing trade of 56 points. This was due to an error of mine not following the 'system' I have also swapped from Finspreads to CMC Markets as the Finspreads internet platform became a little unreliable between 3-5 pm and would freeze my entire screen !! To be fair, this happened 4 times in January but I thought I'd give CMC a try as they are recommended in the DETS manual. Looks like another choppy day on the Dow .....

Nick

nkruger said:
As promised, I am posting my monthly results for trading the Dow Elevator Trading System. Happy to report a gain of 272 pips for January '07, which includes one losing trade of 56 points. This was due to an error of mine not following the 'system' I have also swapped from Finspreads to CMC Markets as the Finspreads internet platform became a little unreliable between 3-5 pm and would freeze my entire screen !! To be fair, this happened 4 times in January but I thought I'd give CMC a try as they are recommended in the DETS manual. Looks like another choppy day on the Dow .....

Nick
hello again nick bob de voe with a question. i need your honest opinion- i plan on trading the emini dow futures and i will be using system 2 only. i do have live charts on the futures- i use tradestaion. is it worth the money just to trade system 2. i would appreciate your answer- thanks very much- bob.by the way have you had any success with system 2- thanks

Hello Bob, yes worth the money if you're just going to just trade System 2. In the manual there are some other strategies to try during the Dow's trading day so you'll have plenty to do. I'm having good success with System 2, the results I've been posting have been for both 1 & 2 plus some other strategies that I have adapted from the manual. You are actively encouraged to do this as part of the trading education within the course. Good luck.

Nick

Further to my report of Finspreads being a little unreliable with their trading platform, this afternoon at 2.05pm (GMT) I lost the connection - and it's still not resumed (3.39PM) but on the computer screen next to it (and sharing the same wireless broadband) the CMC screen was ok...... Damn bad luck considering it is Non Farm Payrolls today.

Yes Nick, that would have been a nice system 2 trade I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Trying to get my head around the different strategies :)

dwaddell said:
Hi,

I too own this system which I purchased while searching for the elusive grail.

My preference was for System 2 - never really got into System 1 - but I've not traded it for some time after switching to FX, though my trading in FX is based on some of its principles.

The material is very professional and well written, support has been excellent, I still receive updates and snippets of further useful information nearly 2 years down the line.

I think the guy that wrote it now focusses his time on developing an FX course.

Just my two bobs worth.

Dave
hello dave-bob de voe here-can you tell me if you believe the system is worthwhile to trade the e-mini dow futures-system no, 2 that is- i reside in the us-thanks in advance

Hi All - I am a relative newbie to the trading world, but have always been interested. Is there an update on this thread? How have things been going since February? Best regards.

DowDecoded.com seems to imply that if people get to know these "secrets" the system will cease to work. Yet they are selling the system. Forgive me for being sceptical here. The system itself may be profitable if followed correctly, but the marketing seems a little dubious.

Also, I always wonder why inventors of these great systems have time to try and market them. If I came up with a great Dow system like they are claiming to sell I'd be ridiculously wealthy within a few years and even $10k per system sold would be chicken feed.

Rebuttals? (I'm not trolling, just curious)

DowDecoded.com seems to imply that if people get to know these "secrets" the system will cease to work. Yet they are selling the system. Forgive me for being sceptical here. The system itself may be profitable if followed correctly, but the marketing seems a little dubious.

Also, I always wonder why inventors of these great systems have time to try and market them. If I came up with a great Dow system like they are claiming to sell I'd be ridiculously wealthy within a few years and even $10k per system sold would be chicken feed.

Rebuttals? (I'm not trolling, just curious)

True,
I have been looking at their site for quite awhile now, but reluctant to purchase,,,

True,
I have been looking at their site for quite awhile now, but reluctant to purchase,,,

My early experiences with DowDecoded are well documented on these boards (last year) and I am still using part of the system to daytrade the Dow now.
What the 'course' teaches you is a certain confidence as to where the Dow is going to go on a certain day, and this, in turn leads you to develop more complex trading ideas (if that is your wish)
I would say, if you are serious about making money trading the DJ, go for it - it's cheap for what you get - but, and it's a big but, if you want it to work you must be willing to put in a couple of hours EVERY day for quite a few months. And there will be days when it all goes horribly wrong, it happens to all of us - just pick yourself up and carry on, the end is worth working for. From what I learnt from the course, I have now also developed a daytrading strategy for the Dax and Ibex as well.

I have no connection with DowDecoded !!

I always wonder why inventors of these great systems have time to try and market them. If I came up with a great Dow system like they are claiming to sell I'd be ridiculously wealthy within a few years and even $10k per system sold would be chicken feed.

I sort of agree with you LL, I've managed to get a really reliable trading strategy going, and I must admit, I can't really be bothered to market it at the moment, I'm having too much fun trading it. There may be a time, though, when I feel the need to just sit back and collect the Direct Debits from the happy punters who are paying for my strategy every month....
Have you looked at www.collective2.com ? There is over 3000 systems/strategies for sale. It's a right hoot to surf through !!

Anyone else with positive results trading the dowdecoded strategy?

Like everyone else i am skeptical and dont want to be wasting my money like i have done previously on cr^p that doesnt even work...

Any ideas,,, thanks

i just purchased recently

hey, i've been following this thread for a while. decided to go ahead and buy the system. i live in the u.s. but i was told i can still use the methods here. I've read thru the course 4 times now and i have a pretty good grasp of it. im going to begin paper trading pretty soon and i'll let everyone know how it goes. Seems pretty straight foreward and nothing was really hard to understand. Anyway i'll update later.

I am thinking of buying the Dowdecoded system- anyone else currently trading it?? Would appreciate any feedback

thanks

I am thinking of buying the Dowdecoded system- anyone else currently trading it?? Would appreciate any feedback

thanks

Not currently trading it, although I have done in the past. Good system - be sure to read and re-read the manual, and also use a few 'indicators' when entering a trade (which the manual doesn't really go into ) You'll then have a very workable system.

I've moved onto another way of doing things, but not because the DowDecoded system was not working - its just as you progress as a trader, the yearning to develop something of your own becomes greater.

Good luck