Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
AIG is sinking. We're down a lot of point these past 2 days. Russian markets technically crashed they went so low..

CMCs cool mi thinks. Java trading platform very good imo.

yeh tis good. i think half the problem is vista its appalling. need to sort this laptop out.

have got a pc laptop is easier.

i have cmc also but have never traded on it just use the very handy charts !

Hi to all in this thread

Some things are inevitable. Where there are gains, there are sure to be falling businesses elsewhere, darling!

If you are a broker, then you can just take the basic and keep the commission, so why fret?!?!

So, there are also some ups and downs ............ of course, there are things that CANNOT be changed!

Well, do watch out for the brokers if they are going bust, they might take the clients account with 'em! So, that is the Most Important point!

There used to be not a single life on Earth - even Gaia was born with nothing on her in the beginning. Perhaps that's where we are all heading towards now ............

Why fret?

S K

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there

Be the One for GOD, so that I may appoint a deliverer for thy SOUL!

HariHaraBramKalki(S K)

360.yahoo.com/cu20052003

I still have mixed emotions what ever my uncle Oscar tells me. :cheesy:

The determining DOMINANT factor imo is Lehman Brothers.

News is bad - Air Italia is about to bite the dust too. Knock on effects to holiday companies too now. Tourism bound to suffer.

Rail & Air accidents all around us.

TA says up for me and FA says down.

I'm between 10500 and 11700 for now.

Will have a better look later on in the evening. :whistling

Haha, I'm short on the ER2.
I think there could be more sliding left.
This is just a small and fickle recovery moment for markets YM ES ER2 NQ.

Anyone else agree?

Haha, I'm short on the ER2.
I think there could be more sliding left.
This is just a small and fickle recovery moment for markets YM ES ER2 NQ.

Anyone else agree?

Yes, tentative recovery. I've been scalping away in both directions. Not as good as yesterday but nevertheless a good day. We touched pivot point and shied away. No conviction. I reckon more falls on the way.

I do think the fall out has been well contained and a small rate reduction likely to go down well.

Russel (ER@) is testing resistance, and looks like the others are doing the same.

Institutions won't support much much more rallying I hope?
I'm sticking to this position for at least the rest of the day...I just don't see this moving higher.

good god it keeps moving up, crap. I'm getting a tad worried.

Last edited:
Wow, huge short squeeze. I'm still short and it's feeling a bit hotter in here, or is that just me? :confused:

Tomorrow I expect a down move, I'm not sure if that's going to happen, so I'm ready to cover my loss.

Wow, huge short squeeze. I'm still short and it's feeling a bit hotter in here, or is that just me? :confused:

Tomorrow I expect a down move, I'm not sure if that's going to happen, so I'm ready to cover my loss.

Hi Arthur,

Markets still very volatile. I see a rising wedge in a down trend. Likely to break down again in couple of days. I wouldn't like to hold trades overnight though.

If Asia bounces back things likely to get hotter. I've been trading off very short time frame charts using Lightning McQueens/Wasps 3 key system. Worked a treat today. It was experimental and requires concentration and devotion to the turns but it worked very well.

Interest rates not being cut is a blow. Inflation is obviously very much a big concern.

Feel good about Barclays buying part of Lehmans. (y)

I'm currently opening more bank accounts to spread my cash. Don't trust any of them. Likely to open one with Barclays too now.

All eyes on Asia now. :sleep:

If there is any negative over night news then the market should gap down followed by a rally during the first hour,,

If there is no negative over night news again market should initially rally.

Odds are against market weakness during the first hour,,

After the first hour the doors are open for any combination of moves.

Hope fully there will be a gap down .

Ps:-- try not to hold any over night pos due to un usual event driven market. These days it is difficult to be technical ..

If FED had cut rates market would see this as " A panic for the cut " and it probably would have sold off but with keeping the rate un changed the signal is " things are not too bad ". There is a lot of bad news priced in the market and with oil and commodities selling off short term trader might cover their pos and market rally might continue.

Grey1

Last edited:
Jeez, I am so hoping we do not rally, or I could get into a large loss on this trade. I will continue to hold, AIG most likely will not get their 40 billion bailout I hope. It's a bit of a gamble but I can't see this rally lasting even though the odds are against a sell off.

Good advice Grey1, you've got the situation covered it sounds like.

Lucky ? the market didn't think much of AIG's bailout.

Superflous question really when the platform has crashed yet again aaaaah !

Status
Not open for further replies.