Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers dc..

good call Hook
Im still on the Dow looking for 433 using the calc on spx gives 1376.2

As said earlier we "should" now get a break of 12500 since tiny countertrend keeps the fast move down intact.... so we agree on new lows. As 4 specific levels... I'm a bit cloudy but tradestalker.com have said they view 1370 spx as being pivotal we'll see...

Slow stochs on daily dow has now pierced 20.... which is interesting ........ it should be a momentary event this time around given the downward momentum ...... enough of my opinions...... I'll let the facts speak for themselves :LOL:

die, draco beast, die!

Attachments

• dow dragon.GIF
    dow dragon.GIF
    18.4 KB · Views: 199
For cbot cme eminis futures etc. its free for eminis dow futures globex etc sign up first (free)

https://www.opentick.com/index.php?app=users&event=home

Then download latest Ninja trader free and connect to your opentick live updates via ninja . Live tick charts, volume, indicators etc..

Futures, Forex and Equities Trading Platform. NINJATRADER. Leading Edge Online Trading Platform.

Good little combo will do the job, best of all its free. Let us know how you get on with it.

No affiliation just discovered that combo a short while back.

Thanks. This works great (y)

Bear!!....where???.....where de bear?

:eek:

Fact is, WE HAVE BEEN OPERATING WITHIN A VERY, VERY STRETCHED 4-YEAR CYCLE THAT HAS BEEN HELD TOGETHER WITH LIQUIDITY, bailing wire, duct tape, HOPE, HYPE AND B.S. FROM THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA. The Dow theory has proven correct and what is now THE SECOND LONGEST 4-YEAR CYCLE IN STOCK MARKET HISTORY IS NOW ONLY BEGINNING TO CONTRACT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED YET AGAIN!”

excerpt from:

Financial Sense Online  Market WrapUp with Tim W. Wood  01/11/2008

Hi everyone,

Significant point to me about last week was that 12800-13000 was attempted from the lows of 12500 and rejected towards the end of the week.

Any falls below 12500s is likely to imply a full H&S reversal confirming further drops to 12170s imo.

If support picksup and 13000s breached then we may have another go at 13300s.

Still short in my outlook.

Good trading everyone. (y)

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080113w.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080113w.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 193
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080113wb.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080113wb.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 192
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080113d.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080113d.png
    15 KB · Views: 184
Today is really fun..........

Dow is hinting it has bottomed..............but there is insufficient evidence in my book.... lets see how this little game pans out............

Sorry if it makes no sense .......... but hopefully some will know what I'm on about.....;)

Still requires 852 break for up day..........

Hs

Hi
Not sure where to post this so apologies in advance if off topic.

IG Index had 'a spike' at 7am today
hi 12732
lo12355
over a period of about 12 seconds.

Is this genuine or to take out stops.

Same on ftse cash
thanks
Do

Dow is hinting it has bottomed..............but there is insufficient evidence in my book.... lets see how this little game pans out............

Sorry if it makes no sense .......... but hopefully some will know what I'm on about.....;)

Still requires 852 break for up day..........

Hs

Yeah I'm with you HS. Technically it does look like it's bottomed out on the 4 hour and daily charts and with S&R lines but on the long H&S play probably not. I'd like to see it clear 13000 convincingly to have any faith in the revival. Even then 13300 likely to be stalling point for me.

anyone else looking to hit the Dow hard after the open 752ish?

Im looking to short the FTSE 255 down to 158

the Dow Im looking to take it down to 559 and then 2nd wave down to 433

Thought you were long the DOW?

Does anyone else use the opentick feed? I have been (through Ninja), but today there is no data for YM - is this because of the eCBOT -> Globex migration (as I suspect), or is this just a problem at my end?

I'm flat waiting for a shorting opportunity.

Hourly and 10min charts looking bullish at the mo.

Might be worth waiting for the afternoon US session.

Does anyone else use the opentick feed? I have been (through Ninja), but today there is no data for YM - is this because of the eCBOT -> Globex migration (as I suspect), or is this just a problem at my end?

OpenTick currently has issues which they are working on trying to resolve.

With a potential double bottom now confirmed, is this still in play?
Looks to me as if we can easily go higher another 100-150 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.