Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
........ so I'm groping for better prices...

Not much to say ..........and I've not said much :p

Nothing wrong with a bit of groping mate - never know your luck lol

On a more serious note I agree we may have a breather ( temporary ) bottom near

For me personally..seems a BIT obvious to have a sustainable bounce here..12450 DOW, 1370 SPX, but who knows...:whistling! Still core short..but reduced on last downwave..looking for a rally to put out more OR... (preferred scenario) one more push down - a little panic thrown in would be good :devilish: - then a dip into the long side may be warranted...

Longer term charts are turning down.....

Long Dow

Any one out their, think the DOw must be ready for a short rebound.
Been buying long at 12223, 12204 abd 12165 small positions.
Expiry Dow futures tomorrow, usually ramps up before expiry.

Looking like we are heading for the March lows at the 11940 area(n)
Expecting good support here for a temporary rebound(y)(n)

Closing this one here at 12502 for another 30 points profit on the day.
Getting lonely in here now, lol. Im off.

I wonder how you would have felt if you left that short on with a stop at breakeven and then going offline...

Any one out their, think the DOw must be ready for a short rebound.
Been buying long at 12223, 12204 abd 12165 small positions.
Expiry Dow futures tomorrow, usually ramps up before expiry.

Here come the bargain hunters already :cheesy:

Legendary.......TRULY-Laptop-esque

12200 by month end ,else I'll eat my shorts and i dont even trade the DOW..:cheesy:

good luck everybody.

I gotta hunch that Bond guy might be on the money. 10 year going to 3.25/3.5 ish. so he says if thats the case the DOW WILL be trading 12200.

Or was he talking pants and not shorts ?
:clap::clap::clap:

I wonder how you would have felt if you left that short on with a stop at breakeven and then going offline...
+

I would have felt good, although i have a confession....I have been shorting the hell out of it and posting the trades on elitetrader! Record day for me today :)

+

I would have felt good, although i have a confession....I have been shorting the hell out of it and posting the trades on elitetrader! Record day for me today :)

Good to hear! (except the part about elitetrader lol, as an T2W advisor I can hardly recommend that :p)
Closed my own shorts too early today. Should've known the last hour would be the sharpest fall...

Last edited:
Good to hear! (except the part about elitetrader lol, as an T2W advisor I can hardly recommended that :p)
Closed my own shorts too early today. Should've known the last hour would be the sharpest fall...

LOL. Bit naughty of me but it was just me posting my trades. I know my routeS lie with T2W!!:)
I reshorted again at 1358 spx cash and took nearly 20 handles. Gave a little back on a long on the dow after but it's been a good one.

edit: Just noticed your PM. Sounds good :)

The bulls will have to cling to the hope that yesterday's signal [triple bottom sell signal at 12,500] was a false one and, in the mad panic to cover shorts, there's a strong bull rally over the coming days. But, don't hold your breath . . .
I think it's safe to say that the sell signal was very real indeed, creating a column of red 'O's 12 strong - and counting. The penultimate column of red 'O's was 20 strong and, although this is exceptional, columns in the 15 -16 range are not uncommon. This puts the next obvious support zone at 11,950 (bottom green horizontal line on chart) very much within range of the current column. And technically, there's nothing (that I can see at least) to stop it from getting there. The only possible bullish news comes from yesterday's extraordinarily large volume - just shy of 880 million. The last time the index recorded volume anywhere near this level was almost two years ago on 28/04/06. So, this begs the question: is this a 'volume blow off' and will yesterday's low at 12,150 on the P&F chart mark a new swing low and herald the first decent bull rally of the new year? Well, even if it does, the index will encounter a confluence of resistance around old support at 12,550. None of which provides much comfort for the bulls. On the face of it, the only companies to be long in right now are manufactures of continence products who are likely to see a huge surge in demand from investors. ;)
Tim.

Attachments

• DJIA_H&S_17_01_08.jpg
    DJIA_H&S_17_01_08.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
getting bored

anyone not think this market is going 318 - 118 -230

not trading just for fun
RULES IS RULES

Forget i mentioned it.

I almost did, it's been two weeks since you posted that.

But you were right, I justed wanted to know if you were thinking the same as I was. There was another - similar - signal two days later which I've you interpreted it correctly, would've gotten you in at a very early point to continue the ride down.

a little lower than expected but still looking for 230 close anything down to 11946 would not alter fig

Status
Not open for further replies.