Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
We want[NEED]a bounce !!!

Not to upset the dc apple cart...... but lazy bones here has missed the morning slippage.... and I need a bounce to test thurs highs to get "fully loaded".

Come on ........ I'll eat all my greens .he's says pleading on one knee :p

I'm not looking further than 12 120 lows for now a bounce then test of that will do me for final day of the week any more is a bonus..

Omg!!!!!!

Fed Speaker - Janet Yellen was extremely candid last night but only the "avoid recession" comments were widely reported. S'pose the rest might frighten the horses :LOL:

Speech is on left hand side half way down approx.... under President's Speeches - Prospects for Eco 2008

Enjoy........
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco: Economic Research, Educational Resources, Community Development, Consumer and Banking Information

Now lead story on cnbc's website....... :cheesy:

current plan no bounces well not much the top should be in from 8:25 this morning and has exactly 12 hours to get down 500 ish points

those 12 hours will be running out, but those 500 points will be left hanging in the tree me thinks...

bounce in progress ....

Not to upset the dc apple cart...... but lazy bones here has missed the morning slippage.... and I need a bounce to test thurs highs to get "fully loaded".

Come on ........ I'll eat all my greens .he's says pleading on one knee :p

I'm not looking further than 12 120 lows for now a bounce then test of that will do me for final day of the week any more is a bonus..

Thx oh "Gracious One" :LOL:

Sorry Dc ... but I'm sure you'll have the last word - as per usual :)
- you did say a little bounce was permissible ...

Ab Fab

Now on board now in profit .............way hay.........:clap:

Wanted a rally to test Thurs highs and the "trading God"s delivered.....:p

:LOL:

Ps You gotta have FAith !!

Now on board now in profit .............way hay.........:clap:

Wanted a rally to test Thurs highs and the "trading God"s delivered.....:p

Ps You gotta have FAith !!

Are you talking about yesterday's highs? I have them 50 points higher then today's... but still, good short. I was already short there (12280 fut) from premarket but closed it before the open. Done trading anyway today.

mais oui!

Are you talking about yesterday's highs? I have them 50 points higher then today's... but still, good short. I was already short there (12280 fut) from premarket but closed it before the open. Done trading anyway today.

A test in my book is does not necessarily mean "matching" that price .... so far we " 'ad a go" and failed which was profitable 4-me .... and you ...

Of course ideally we could have got closer than 50pts( even marginally above) but that will do providing the rejection is sharp!!!!

By the way FW.... fantastic long yesterday at 12100ish futs ....... forgot to say thurs.

Hs :D

A test in my book is does not necessarily mean "matching" that price .... so far we " 'ad a go" and failed which was profitable 4-me .... and you ...

Of course ideally we could have got closer than 50pts( even marginally above) but that will do providing the rejection is sharp!!!!
Just an observation, it was excellent for a) having the patience and b) exactly following the plan as price action did as you anticipated. Great stuff. (y) And I guess on your TF 50 pts is pretty close. Good call!

By the way FW.... fantastic long yesterday at 12100ish futs ....... forgot to say thurs.

To be honest, I felt again robbed for exiting too early... Let's say there were 200 points up for grabs instead of the +100 I took.

Anyway, good trading this week! :cheers:

Cheers FW

As we go into the 7pm time zone we are close to lows of the day and maybe just maybe a reversal could be on .....maybe it's started ........ FW bought around here Thurs maybe he did again just now ???? Low Risk entry.

capitulation is whats needed and a weekly close below 12000

got me finger on the button ready to exit on the falling knife under 071 would be OK I suppose, if nothing in next 15mins then end of day close for this trade

not as good as expected but not complaining with just shy of 600 points for the week

Good Week Dc

not as good as expected but not complaining with just shy of 600 points for the week

For the benefit of some ..... S&p 500 finished with an inside day to end the week
We had a marginal "down week" with thursday breaking the lows of week ending 1st Feb.

Easy to be bearish but the game seems all about 1341 1/4 and 1321 for Monday. Usually a break of the friday high or friday low is where the next wave goes ........

It's easy to be bearish so as a furry fella [not shaven for 3wks now :)) ] I'm "cautious" about calling more downside....near term :p Mid term diff't story ...[The Economist's Robin Bew is turning from mildly bearish to bearish........... He actually called the negative jobs number pre non farm payrolls ...................:cheesy:]

I'll play friday's range... despite my bias :smart: ?

Ps.
Just a word for anyone who gives a F ...Janet Yellen (Pres-San Francisco Fed) characterised the situation as the beginning of a crisis in ~ September as the US was climbing towards it's all time highs.... an odd thing to say given the circs ....but it registered... that's why I am now an avid listener of whatever she says....... she's a non voting member so possibly she gets listened to less ......but not me!

Lastly, some might be thinking this fundamental stuff is great but is it really tradeworthy ?
-Well for me I'm long in half size on the dips and short in larger than normal size ..... when it gets over-extended. So the technicals do matter but it does affect position size attached to longs and shorts. This may not suit everyone........

Hs

Last edited:
Erratum

As for the previous post I meant to say usually the break of the range topside or downside indicate the next direction. I did not mean to imply a break of the price range made on any given Friday's would be indicative of the next direction...on a Monday.

That should muddy the picture even further :cheesy:

Not a bad call .eh

As we go into the 7pm time zone we are close to lows of the day and maybe just maybe a reversal could be on .....maybe it's started ........ FW bought around here Thurs maybe he did again just now ???? Low Risk entry.

The rally off the lows was a nice 100 plus..... (but I didn't play it).

Jacitnto - it was low risk as an intraday trade with a stop just below 12100 - imo :p As for new selling in the coming week - well who knows (I'm short near and long term) and the G7 communique does not have much to inspire the equity bulls! :LOL:

Last edited:
Good evening everyone,

Got the move totally wrong last week. Benefit of 20/20 vision says 12800 got well and truly rejected. Last week was bad for me. Started off well and went to pot mid week.

I think for the week ahead my pivot point (on the daily charts) is 12237. Anything above this is likely to signal support and some rises. Anything below or breach of S2 @ 12025 is likely to mean more down ward pressure.

I think the blue line support around 11750 may well get tested again. I'm really 50/50 short term and bearish over the long term 80/20.

There is the possibility we'll make a higher low from the 22nd of Jan and go back up to test 13000s again but I'm not holding out much chance of this given market sentiments. In fact the bigger H&S formation may well be in the developing as per the 3rd weekly chart. If the 12000 level fails to hold this could go all the way down to 10,000. I think it will but not sure about timing. Sometime this year... Perhaps when the elections are over in the US and the medication takes affect...

Good trading everyone...

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080210Wa.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080210Wa.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 147
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A20080210Wb.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A20080210Wb.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 154
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A20080210Wc.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A20080210Wc.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 143
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A20080210Da.png