Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft's bid for Yahoo - market spike

Yes... this must have come as a surprise:

33234d1202311967-trading-stocks-yahoo.png

ouch!

Holiday weekend coming up...

Presidents day on Monday...

Taking that into account, this weeks action is perhaps typical of the pre-holiday pattern: a seemingly unstoppable counter-trend move (we are up 500 points in 3 days)...

Bloomie says.....

:love: Dow finishes up only 39% on Valentines Day! sell, sell, sell.......... hmmm why didnt they just say Dow finishes down 61% on VD ?

ohh yah...
:eek:

beep, beep, beeep beep... update

Crikey just waiting for Burntcake to say he buried his mum and claimed the insurance to fund and prop up his subprime business in Peru, that should knock a Nought off the old Index. Reet old doom and gloom over there. Bent buggers, international business he said, it all stems (masterminded) from London. His ass is clean, genius.

sell, sell, sell.....

The Hump Back of Wall St........

Looking at the daily closing chart of dow there's a big move coming....

I'm going for a "hump back" week ......up and then down ... upside is capped and "everyone" is looking for downside........

Yep upside in motion as dow hits 310 pre market..... we need more though :p

and.....we got more
Going according to plan 4 Now.......:p

Recap........

I see this as just noise smoke and mirrors to fool the innocent (which could include me)....

Just the Elite taking the p**s out of the prol's
- Bernanke cites risks to growth .....markets sell off ..... purleezz

Short term bullish but running out of steam ...mid term OMG!!!
-sortov.........

Once again the credit crunch is just starting

Now where's that banane skin........ ?? :D

Turn the volume down....

Look at that noise coming out of that carpet......

Poulson, just been waving his arms around talking about Sovereign wealth trend lines, the whole pointy slope upwards bit he did, then, check this out, said, trend lines do not neccessarily predict the future.... :LOL:

I think he's been reading this Dow thread at T2W. ??

Scary, politics should not influence economics, hmmm, genius MONEY fluences the politics. we can see how hard cash can alter ones thoughts really quickly.

Only one thing for it. Re-nationalise everything. Would that work ?

But money has been running governments, no wonder the Fed is saying Politicians shouldnt get involved..... well i think thats like a drug dealer telling the junkie what price his smack is today...

Good luck everyone.

Sell, sell, sell.

End.

Scary, politics should not influence economics, hmmm, genius MONEY fluences the politics. we can see how hard cash can alter ones thoughts really quickly.

Only one thing for it. Re-nationalise everything. Would that work ?

Politicians use economics to their advantage. Whenever jobless claims drop they tend to look for a causal relationship to any program they've come up with in the recent past to stimulate the unemployment in finding a suitable job. But if unemployment rises, they will be eager on blaming the economy for this. It'll never be their fault. Obviously...

In the short time I worked for the government, in close relationship with national politicians, I could tell you a thing or two about twisting the truth. :whistling

I'm on Crash watch........

:devilish:

Cramer talks about "authorities" being fatalistic ....... and Darwinian

Levitt talks about accelerating foreclosures - om Bloomberg

Re Bond insurers .. ring-fencing of munis is fine but ....nobody is talking about what happens to the "toxic" parts of their book.

Remember the title of Greenie's book ? The Age of Turbulence .... or how I gave Ben Bernanke a hospital pass ...:LOL:

Trade Well :)

:devilish:

Cramer talks about "authorities" being fatalistic ....... and Darwinian

Levitt talks about accelerating foreclosures - om Bloomberg

Re Bond insurers .. ring-fencing of munis is fine but ....nobody is talking about what happens to the "toxic" parts of their book.

Remember the title of Greenie's book ? The Age of Turbulence .... or how I gave Ben Bernanke a hospital pass ...:LOL:

Trade Well :)

Probably :sleep::sleep: day tomorrow hehe.

:love: Dow finishes up only 39% on Valentines Day! sell, sell, sell.......... hmmm why didnt they just say Dow finishes down 61% on VD ?

ohh yah...
:eek:

Another one in the plus column for those that compile Stockmarket Almanacs. A few years ago (I do not know if they still have him on) Bloomberg used to have a chap that appeared on a daily basis to give these historic facts.

Those of a bullish nature will do well to remember that where January leads, the rest of the year follows.

Puzzled 4 now

The big pow wow in Washington to deal with Bond insurers problem is getting interesting it seems.... The Buff gets the muni biz .....and the toxic stuff ? The government could buy it - yep a bail out .......

So the bond insurance situation "should" no longer be an issue.... unless "they" want it to be........ There is a straight-forward remedy ........

If that workout happens there could be a surprise MEGA- pop and poss within a week! OR ANYTIME IN THE NEXT 7d... That's what the pennant on DAILY dow might be telling us......

Near term shorts are now much higher risk ........ as the next big move is basically a coin toss ..... :rolleyes:

Trade Well :)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Got any news about this 'big meeting'? Any links? Is there a scheduled announcement (the contents of which will be leaked of course)?

Got any news about this 'big meeting'? Any links? Is there a scheduled announcement (the contents of which will be leaked of course)?

Hi Jonny

Cramer Mad Money on Cnbc last night..(should be a video on cnbc site)....... is the best I can do for now..... cos the bomb could go off at any minute without WARNING!!!:LOL:

Edit: Mishkin speaks at 6.15pm TONIGHT about "Tools for financial disruptions" .... will he give any hints ????

Last edited:
Rustling in the woods.......

One of bond insurers (FGIC) has just agreed to being partitioned into muni and the rest and this could be the model used for the others ......... so we may be getting nearer a big announcement.......anyone short europeans might be wise to consider taking some off the table ..perhaps... since anything can happen and Dow not down that much ......so far....

Put another way if you want to be short ....Dow offers better value ...... maybe ... since only off about 40 so far...

One of bond insurers (FGIC) has just agreed to being partitioned into muni and the rest and this could be the model used for the others ......... so we may be getting nearer a big announcement.......anyone short europeans might be wise to consider taking some off the table ..perhaps... since anything can happen and Dow not down that much ......so far....

Put another way if you want to be short ....Dow offers better value ...... maybe ... since only off about 40 so far...

What happened to the big announcement?

Bond insurer outcome still fluid...

What happened to the big announcement?

I don't know when the announcment will arrive. My original msg said possible within a week ........ but it could happen anytime ... Gov Spitzer said they probably needed a solution within a week hence my "possible within a week" comment.

Interestingly Gov of New York believes a fed bailout would not be a bad idea (Cnbc - Mad Money Friday 15th).

Apologies to those who expected an announcement today ....... it was possible but perhaps a touch optimistic since there are politics/politicians involved.

Interestingly Gov. Spitzer is still pushing for private capital to be injected into the bond insurers to shore up the toxic stuff .....i.e Wall Street .... after all their balance sheets have never been in better shape :LOL::LOL::LOL: ...

but govt bailout seems more feasible option if they want to do it .......... of course they could let nature take it's course and find some justification for this heinous act :devilish: .... as I said it's a coin toss.....

Tradingwise...
I'm looking to take a cheeky long play in one/two of the european banks/insurers starting Monday... particularly those near ground level......... gambling really .... but the risk/reward seems acceptable (2ME) with a stop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.