Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

not implying any talent old chap. a question was asked about why there was so little comment on the thread these days and i gave an opinion. if you read back ten or fifteen pages its hardly useful stuff. if you read some other threads such as traderdante (although he has had a bad patch) you can see some quality. it was just an answer to a question posed.

for what its worth i trade GBP/JPY off a one hour chart using reversal patterns and the dow off 15 mins in a similar fashion. 2% of account for any trade. no great expertise just a bit of discipline.

No probs. Sorry to be so boring.

Hey JTrader,

How you doin?

I thought you were in Lapland somewhere helping out Santa now you've turned up in Denmark. (y) One of my friends just came back from holidays and says Denmark is fantastic. He was thinking of Canada but now thinks Denmark might be a better choice?

You have any tips for him?

No probs. Sorry to be so boring.

I think you are better off insulting people for free.

Tried a first binary bet on capital spreads today and well impressed. (y)

I think we are enroute to 9600...

Bring on the elections...

10,000 even... :cheesy:

People ignored the stock market today, as they awaited the outcome of tomorrow's Presidential election. The market did ****, on **** volume, and if you traded it, chances are, you made ****.

It's funny, in the room today, early on, I said "Today feels like the kind of day where you can either make $600 or lose $3,000" and apparently, taking a look at our sad office stats, I wasn't too far off.

We just got over 1 billion shares traded on the NYSE. It was the lowest volume day since August.

Tomorrow should be more of the same. Preserve your trading capital. Take tomorrow off, go vote, hug your loved ones and be happy you're here.

Hi mates :)........today is the big day :)

........i thing we going back to the old relationship Obama-Oil McCain-Dow

.......How u feel the marcket today ?

Hi mates :)........today is the big day :)

........i thing we going back to the old relationship Obama-Oil McCain-Dow

.......How u feel the marcket today ?

I reckon we are going to have a feel good factor kick in.

The whole globe will be glad to see the back of the last white house administration. I had 9600 as first target and that's been met.

My next target based on pivot point R2 is 9800s and then hopefully 10,000.

I see a momentary retrace to maybe 9480 or 9435 before another surge up. (y)

dow114tq1.png

Hi,
I am half way through Naked Trader by Robbie Burns. Great book so far for profitable share trading. Recommend it to you in light of above but you probably have your own tried and tested methods ?
( dreadful pic of Robbie on front tho )
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

hi pat

have read his book which is great and look at his website on wed and fri. his market update is helpful but he seems to good to be true. his entry points seem so good he must be a genius and it rather detracts from the rest of it which is very good. i havent found one yet where it is lower the day after he bought / sold which is great but unlikely. i suppose its not important i just think some people use it for advice and there is nothing to even prove these trades have been done at all. perhaps im being too cynical as i enjoyed the book and his site is entertaining. any thoughts ?

ps had a mailshot from concept plugging the "new" product. i went for fx53 in the end a month ago which involves you more in decision making:cool: and has already paid for itself.

I think it depends greatly whether one trades eod /intraday or longer swing trades. The latter are very much dependent on fundamentals imho

All news is factored in unless its really bad.
Set your charts to gether with trin ticks to get entry/exit points.
Go with the flow,
Its good to take a punt at the open on the SPX in the same direction of where the market is going.

This is only for short term postions, allow 15-20 points on dow for noise/ volitility or 1.5 on spx and 14-16 footsie ect .

Happy trading fowkes

Now here is an interesting point in time 11.20 EST. Is there about to be a reversal ( up now ) or not and if so how big ? Big enough to ride for some points or steer clear

Status
Not open for further replies.