Dow 2007

reputations

Hi board

For the two members who pm'd me I have replied to both of you, I have double checked the posts and they were both showing positive feedback when I tried to resubmit on them (if that makes sense).

I can only assume a problem with the system...sorry for any hassle this has caused.

sahd72

Hi board

For the two members who pm'd me I have replied to both of you, I have double checked the posts and they were both showing positive feedback when I tried to resubmit on them (if that makes sense).

I can only assume a problem with the system...sorry for any hassle this has caused.

sahd72

No problems mate but can I ask you to stop giving me reputations then because you have just given me a third with blank comment.

Many thanks.

PS. Can all the amigos also stop giving me sympathy reputations too please... I agree it has been more trouble than it's worth. I think I might just keep quiet about it next time...

Many thanks in appreciation and your support. Festive greetings and spirits to y'all :D

Last edited:
No problems mate but can I ask you to stop giving me reputations then because you have just given me a third with blank comment.

Many thanks.

Attila no problem Ill leave it alone more trouble than its worth anyway lol.

Good trading.

L ive TRADE CALL, closed DOW Long @ 13248 (+24)

Posting delayed due to T2W down time until 15.05

Ian, yes, everything confirmed a quick bit upward momentum, so gladly took the points, I don't hold long, the least exposure to the MM's the better for me.

Already got my 20 points from the dow, so unless anything gifted wrapped appears, no more trades from the dow for me, back to forex now

Right now Im long and want to stay long any shorting of spikes today has profit taken quickly, in my book today and tomorrow have 620+ points to the upside from last nights close

Am I being "selective" again when I ask myself how those longs are doing?

Like smbtnt, lurkerlurker, myself (and probably some other people along the way) have discovered, it's really easy making money by doing the opposite of what you're doing.

Call me a fool, but long from 47.

I wouldn't call you a fool, but I suggest you think about the odds of catching the exact bottom?

it might be a cliche, but it's still true: don't try to catch a falling knife
btw, most likely you were stopped out at the exact low

I wouldn't call you a fool, but I suggest you think about the odds of catching the exact bottom?

it might be a cliche, but it's still true: don't try to catch a falling knife
btw, most likely you were stopped out at the exact low

My hands are already deeply scarred, FW!

I've got support around 1988 cash...the break of 2048 cash yesterday and todays failed retest back up opens up 1948 cash IMO...

cheers

A valid assumption.
But there is some support at the current level. Price usually doesn't stall or consolidate in mid-air. I didn't say we would reverse completely, but it's good enough to take some points of. At least that's what I hope ;)

A valid assumption.
But there is some support at the current level. Price usually doesn't stall or consolidate in mid-air. I didn't say we would reverse completely, but it's good enough to take some points of. At least that's what I hope ;)

Keep an eye on SPX cash gap between 1432/29 also...moving down to that area

cheers

My hands are already deeply scarred, FW!

I'm not making fun of you. On the contrary. If you see price falling sharply, why go long? It's against the trend, it's against the flow. You need reference points. Important support & resistance can do that for you. It's not necessarily, there are other ways too, but it helps.

As for my long, it's an agressive entry. The earlier, the riskier. If you wait too long for confirmation, you'll most likely be sitting through a retracement and getting stopped out again. If you wait not long enough, you've almost guaranteed to be stopped out on the way down. Trying to find the equilibruim is not an easy task, but it might help if you wait for a double bottom formation. It's not a guaranteed formula for success, but it will keep you out from those gambling on a long trades. Just my advice, take it as you will, nothing personal.

Keep an eye on SPX cash gap between 1432/29 also...moving down to that area

cheers

picture on SPX not looking good imo... which is why I'll be happy to close out my NQ long with a small profit. Always possibility of re-entry later in the day.