Dow 2007

Taz, when I day trade I use 1 min charts to identify potential trades, backed up by 2, 3, 5, 10, 15 min charts respectively to confirm my original decision

2,3,5 charts now bearish.

As there is only me on the thread, I'm off now, will revisit later

Taz, when I day trade I use 1 min charts to identify potential trades, backed up by 2, 3, 5, 10, 15 min charts respectively to confirm my original decision

More good calls Dinos
I can see why you have a place in the Alps !
You dont need any help picking the grapes or something ?? Do you ??

2,3,5 charts now bearish.

As there is only me on the thread, I'm off now, will revisit later

can't see any bearish signals...
I am still looking for that +200 up day
we are already half way there so far today!

Edit: I just added to my longs at 13490... I have longs from 13440, 13460 and now just some more... pyramiding on my position

PS: I hope that last adding wasn't too bold :confused:

Last edited:
FW Good Trading, agree long term trend bullish, got intraday signals on short timescales, quickly fell flat and turned bullish.

Pat, Alps???, I wish, Got a place in Grimaud, in the bay of St Tropez, looking forward to getting there again asap, hows the trading going?. I'm currently flat having just got in and studying charts now.

Last edited:
FW Good Trading, agree long term trend bullish, got intraday signals on short timescales, quickly fell flat and turned bullish.

Pat, Alps???, I wish, Got a place in Grimaud, in the bay of St Tropez, looking forward to getting there again asap, hows the trading going?. I'm currently flat having just got in and studying charts now.

Port Grimaud? Chouette quoi :)

Meanwhile DOW keeps rising... I don't want to exit too early, but I've done so now anyway... +70 on the first part. stops set at 13490 (futures) while I'm off to dinner..

Just taking a quick look at the markets - too busy to actually trade them. Enjoying the break from actual positions - I have spent some time on creating some entry / exit, risk, and money management rules. I shall post them when they are a little more polished.

Good trades today Dinos! Also, firewalker, +100 - nicely done!

I could be happy with a consistent +40 pips between FTSE and Dow, 9am to 9pm.

Just contemplating my return to trading, and thinking that despite the self-doubt and the pain of losses, there is nothing I would rather do. I miss the social interactions though - it's pretty hard to have a beer and a chat after work!

Quite impressed at the highs reached here. 10 minute chart shows divergences though.

MACD histogram divergence, signal crossover.
CCI divergence for 4 hours.
14 period RSI failing to make new highs. I'd be looking to short around 13490 were I trading today. Oh, well, there is always tomorrow.

Good luck all.

Wow?

Just got back to my screen. Shame I missed out on it all. However, my original target was 13500 and we just about to kiss it hello.

I will still remain out now and start looking for that pull back to 13150. Today or tomorrow.

I think I'd be looking for 13430-20 as a resistance point if that is breached then move south would be confirmed.

Good luck to you all guys.

Couldn't resist the tempation - I'm now short @ 13453, SL @ 13485. Target 13425 ish for starters may hold it through to tomorrow.

Last edited:
FW, Yes

Tricks, good entry point, my charts told me 13472, didn't take as running the kids to the swimming baths

Atilla, you little devel, I'm contemplating a short from here, looking to sell on a peak, whilst still trending down, will wait a bit, will post trade as and when

Last edited:
short 477 cash - this can't keep going up forever at this rate!

cheers all - Tricks

I closed out another part of my position as 13500 might be the psychological barrier... but still hoping for more upside near the end... leaving small position on!

Atilla, looking at the recent move, turned bullish on my 1 min chart at 13455, I'm looking for the nest reversal to get an entry, conditions permitting and perhaps a reverdsal long into the close

FW, Yes

Tricks, good entry point, my charts told me 13472, didn't take as running the kids to the swimming baths

Atilla, you little devel, I'm contemplating a short from here, looking to sell on a peak, whilst still trending down, will wait a bit, will post trade as and when

Feeling more like bedevelled after yesterdays shake out. The old ticker can't take it. Here is an analysis...

Yesterday felt so positive about the move up. To the point I added to my losing position twice. The second one I didn't bother posting here.

When the market just about turned from my SL position I was pooh relieved. But then once your confidence goes that's it. After all that stress - to finish the day up +3 pips just isn't healthy. The same thing happened to me with gold. Nerves just went than the ability to call it straight.

However, I'm now wondering if I should raise my SL to 13510?

Amazing stuff...

Mainly lurking on the intraday at the moment.
Not sure my methods ( teletext figures) are really quite up to the challenge, but working on it.
St. Trop - nice place

FW, Yes

macd crossover on 15 min, confirming 1, 5 and 10 min, looking southerly? Anyway I'm off down the driving range to hit a few golf balls, stop at BE.

cheers - Tricks