Dow 2007

FetteredChinos said:
just treat this as a buying opportunity guys, they dont happen often enough at the moment..

we will be significantly higher before the end of april. end of tax year in both US and UK. pre-election year etc..

load up, lowish leverage, and let time weave its magic..

fc

have you been stopped out?

dc2000 said:
same again for the FTSE and half the Dow sesh
two days of down two months of up this is not a crash its just to let you know its coming

DC ...bit confused about your post...do you mean it will go Bull after a couple of days down ??? ...( excuse my ignorance ).

Thanks,
H

hhass1 said:
DC ...bit confused about your post...do you mean it will go Bull after a couple of days down ??? ...( excuse my ignorance ).

Thanks,
H
DC don't' know, nobody knows. if anyone new, you could have retired on todays move ;)

laptop1 said:
DC don't' know, nobody knows. if anyone new, you could have retired on todays move ;)
if you go to ajaskeys chart page it landed on his blue line but i don't know,or think it's supposed to be a support line

ammo said:
if you go to ajaskeys chart page it landed on his blue line but i don't know,or think it's supposed to be a support line
connect feb 04 hi and may 06 hi on spx and dow,i went to weekly and changed back to daily after drawing the lines,the dow and spx both stopped exactly on the line

laptop1 said:

Someone probably knows...... these things are rarely accidental :cheesy:

It's a biggie but we used to get a few of these way back when .. then a X*&%# rally into the close. Methinks crash will be in 4digits when it comes

Mr Hook Shot

Do you think the crash will come before or after the Cricket World Cup ?

Or will it in fact coincide with this momentous tournament and cruelly distract our attention from matters of greater import ?

I would appreciate your urgent advice.

Well I must admit I am 50% glad to have covered my short trade at a profit but 50% that hanging on would have increased my account by 60%.

Interestingly Cantor have removed their options this morning as I was going to buy a handful of cheap puts in case the worse happens.

Here are my charts.

I think it's a 23.6% retrace of the whole bull move since 03 that comes in around 11500 and with trendline support.

I know people who have made loads being long are slow to change their minds but even a fall of that magnitude wouldn't look large over a few months by historical standards, in fact it would look quite healthy and could lead to new highs by year end, same as after May sell off last year.

Think that seems like a sensible enough place to gun for over the coming months.

Stephen McCreedy

Attachments

• djia.PNG
    djia.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 176
  • ftse.PNG
    ftse.PNG
    11.9 KB · Views: 167
yacarob1 said:
Mr Hook Shot

Do you think the crash will come before or after the Cricket World Cup ?

Or will it in fact coincide with this momentous tournament and cruelly distract our attention from matters of greater import ?

I would appreciate your urgent advice.

yaca - this may dismay you somewhat but ...........I really don't know yet.... the lads said they will send me a text when they've finalised the date. There is currently some disagreement ... I hear..
Akin to debates about England's best XI /XII

I can see DJIA at 11,500 sooner rather than later and I'd even say with a 100-1 shot it could be today.

That is 'only' another 650 points from where the predicted open is now and in some ways I wouldn't be that surprised to that sort of a fall.

Just my thoughts anyhow.

Some people will say I am way off but then some people told me -200 on Weds was wide of the mark and we saw -500 at one point and a close of - 416.

Not saying it's probable just saying I could imagine it happening

Stephen McCreedy

Attachments

• djia.JPG
    djia.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 147
right, enough is enough..

adding to longer term long positions now, at 12,080.. the panic is overdone..

have companies abilities to generate cash slipped 10% in the last 3 days? no...course not.

reckon this could be one hell of a long..

FC

I agree but as the saying goes the markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent!

Just look at the dot com boom then bust, most of it didn't make much sense but wouldn't have wanted to be in the way of any of it.

Even though the companies haven't lost the ability to make money there is an assumption that a week ago the prices were correct for them to be incorrect now. Perhaps a week ago was the 'wrong' level and we're on our way to the 'right' level.

Best of luck

Stephen McCreedy

agreed, and i agree that the dispute over the correct price is what makes a market..

however, i now trade on longer time frames than most here, and with pretty low leverage.

as a result, i can tolerate 15-20% drops quite easily..

as i type, we're up 65 points from entry already.. the good days of volatility are back :)

make that +100..

remember that today is the 1st of the month.. most bullish day of the trading month..

would not be beyond the realms of possibility for today to close positive and a big follow through day tomorrow..

remember guys, buy panic, and sell confidence..

"have companies abilities to generate cash slipped in the last 3 days? no"

..were companies ability to generate cash a cceptable value 3 days ago ?

who the hell knows...this is not about much other than perception which is why my question is as nonsensical as yours.

"remember guys, buy panic"

remember guys don't catch a falling knife !

;)
;)

A good lesson to us all FC low leverage is the key to sleeping well at night whatever prevails.

Google (goog) with Cantor is a £45,000 contract!

I've been short all week and to see it fall from £48,000 to £44,000 is scary.

I nearly added to it midweek and honestly am glad I didn't although profits would be a lot higher now the volatility is too big for my account and I like to sleep well at night!

My advice would be if you are going to buy now buy small enough that a fall to 11,500 or so won't wipe you out financially or emotionally.

I'm going now this week has tired me out so a trip to the gym and a visit to see my mate Timmy Taylor at the local and I'm calling it a week.

Stephen McCreedy

this baby is rocking, and (touch wood) GBP/YEN appears to have found some support... should help stabilise FTSE somewhat

One for the bulls..

Carn't rule this out while its still above 11900 area ( red line on the chart)...Still think you might get a better price around the 8-9th of march as it need to do its B & C legs after this sharp A wave...

Attachments

• bullcase.jpg
    bullcase.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 218
morning all, ready to rock today? im expecting blockbusters into early next week..

Bob Holness is my wingman.