Dow 2007

"after a hit on the 412 it will open 583 as an upside with the 228 still in place"

Phenomenal call DC,

Your powers are extra terrestial... I was cheering for you...

Pips gratefuly received. Many thanks... :D

Phenomenal call DC,

I need to look at a chart later to see how that call worked out. Has the R at 13570 futures held? I'd really like to know a bit more about dc2000 and where these calls are coming from - some of them have been quite accurate.

Can his sister confirm if he is a large local in the CBOT pits?

could be decisive day today...see chart.. LOOKING FOR SHORTS ON A RALLY TO 13500
Dax also looks like could be heading for 7530 if breaks below 7770 decisively

Attachments

• DOW 1 hour.png
    DOW 1 hour.png
    35 KB · Views: 97
Phenomenal call DC,

ehmm... sorry to be critical, but what kind of chart are you guys looking at?
can't see how those numbers indicate anything on my chart :eek:

Btw, two important divergences noticed today:

(1) Russell was refusing to rise at the opening will others were going straight up
(2) Naz is not breaking support in comparison to a weak DOW

Nothing's changed in the law of the strongest ;)

Another thing noticed...

Today we had:
- 13571 as the high of day
- 13374 as the low of day
(cash prices)

Quite predictable no one responded to my post #7784, but those that were paying attention will have noticed that I said a 200 point daily range was to be expected.

=> net difference today 197 points
I rest my case :devilish:

NDX catching up...on the downside
Has been the strongest index for sure..however - may be quite a negative that it seems to have turned...as it was the only one keeping the dow and spx from BIG falls

Also Dow Transports may have violated their AUG 16th low..warning signal for BULLS

Last edited:
NDX catching up...on the downside
Has been the strongest index for sure..however - may be quite a negative that it seems to have turned...as it was the only one keeping the dow and spx from BIG falls

indeed, another real warning signal for the NDX...

correction to previous post:
(2) Naz is not breaking support yet in comparison to a weak DOW

Today we had:
- 13571 as the high of day
- 13374 as the low of day
(cash prices)

Quite predictable no one responded to my post #7784, but those that were paying attention will have noticed that I said a 200 point daily range was to be expected.

=> net difference today 197 points
I rest my case :devilish:

shocking performance. 1.5% error, let's hope we see a significant improvement from you tomorrow !
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ehmm... sorry to be critical, but what kind of chart are you guys looking at?
can't see how those numbers indicate anything on my chart :eek:

As far as I'm concerned H&S reversal is in play. Here is one on the dailys... 13600 was clearly rejected and bounced off DEMA 13.

Don't think I saw this one before. If you play around with drawing lines you can just about get anything you want to fit... :cheesy:

Anybody know what happened with Cisco?

I feel shattered and be going to bed soon to catch up on sleep from last nights London social gathering... The wine was flowing. When nice little people come round and top up your glass you lose all count of what you've sipped down. Today was a struggle. :cheesy:

Good evening all... :)

Attachments

• us30-20071107.png
    us30-20071107.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 134
"holding short overnight looking to get a premarket hit, as I have FTSE at 180 ish, will take a fresh short after market open and start buying on second hit of 228"

A system I follow has a signal at tomorrows open (sp/es). It's derived from published work (altucher), so I am happy to share. It's a v.simple mean reversion system and the idea is to capitalise on panic selling. The rules are:

Entry - if the long-term trend is up (I’m defining by a 24 month ma) and if the close is below the lower bol band (sd 1.5, ma length 20) then buy the next bar at open.

Exit - close trade if close higher than entry or after 10 days.

It's a 90% winner, based on over 180 trades over the last 20 years. The equity curve is attached.

It’s had 17 consecutive winners. Recent performance in 2007 has 8 trades netting over 100 sp points. dd though not too hot, avg over 07 recent trades is 16pts, but this high avg is mainly due to a huge dd for 1 trade in July/Aug (dd over 57 pts, but trade closed for a 14 pt profit).

ec.gif

Warning - the system was long on black Monday 87 & suffered huge loss.......and accounts for the huge blip at the start of the ec. Dyor etc…

this system will trigger again tomorrow at the open fwiw (also signal yest for +8 es).

basic stuff i know. blue are the h&s n/l.

channel support and a=c should meet tomorrow, 50% fib (aug low to oct high) amongst it also, plus divs etc zzzzz :cheesy:

spx_841.gif

Looking to test 13415 to 13450

http://quote.prophet.net//applets/javachart/printGif.jsp?id=http://COURAGE.prophet.net/TemporaryFiles/JavaCharts/12.1194485094323.print.gif&scope=common&host=www.prophet.net&symbol=$INDU&duration=50d&frequency=60m