Dow 2007

Got that one right, up approx 30 from when it looked good

Shame I wont trade news

Got that one right, up approx 30 from when it looked good

Shame I wont trade news

Very Wise ,:eek: Just closed @ 79

Consider myself very lucky, that"s about 8 of me nine lives gone , fell off me chair, I mean board when they turned me off. Probably just as well :eek:

Last edited:
Devilbis

I've found over the years trading the news is not for me, by taking a position early I'm gambling, something I don't do, I would rather wait for the initial impulse after the release and trade the pullback.

I would rather miss a trade, than expose myself to the MM's during these periods.

Talking about Heart Attacks, you'll be glad you wern't in my shows this pm, I trade the IBEX and was short from 77, without any warning, it rose 40 points, my **** went as I was highly leveraged, the shear panic of that moment I do not want to ever want to experience again, fortunately, I managed to close the position for (+11) in the end.

One reason I don't trade news, the unknown and if you try and pre-empt the news, its a sure good way to deplete your account

Devilbis

I've found over the years trading the news is not for me, by taking a position early I'm gambling, something I don't do, I would rather wait for the initial impulse after the release and trade the pullback.

I would rather miss a trade, than expose myself to the MM's during these periods.

Talking about Heart Attacks, you'll be glad you wern't in my shows this pm, I trade the IBEX and was short from 77, without any warning, it rose 40 points, my **** went as I was highly leveraged, the shear panic of that moment I do not want to ever want to experience again, fortunately, I managed to close the position for (+11) in the end.

One reason I don't trade news, the unknown and if you try and pre-empt the news, its a sure good way to deplete your account

Hi Dinos

Thanks for your thoughts, I no you are right and its not like me "honest" :cry: :eek: :eek:

I except them and am as me speak writing in red pen a new amendment to my rules. I did have large stop (Hard) and I was only on with 1/3 (yes Lurker that would be 30p):LOL:

Stop smirking at the back

anyway got out a live, did"t flap that's good :D IG index pulled plug at just the right time as per usual, think I need new provider, that one and the rest of them are making me real twitchy :devilish:

Could have had better location after anyway at low of 1hr range (well 4 pm) always bracket that range on Dow

Last edited:
and it was only a small pause at resistance... past that now
counterviolent 16000 here we come :cheesy:

Well at least I was point in in the right direction, right :confused:

Have to wait for a little pullback, 16000, should be plenty left for little old me :p

Hey where"s Pat anybody seen him :?:

Call the life boats , we have a man down :-0

I fancy a 1pp SB long on the front month, left unattended until expiry with a 500 point stop.

I didn't take that one. I should have, I wanted to, but I didn't. I also totally forgot about the FOMC today, and wasn't even intending to trade. Ooops!

I didn't take that one. I should have, I wanted to, but I didn't. I also totally forgot about the FOMC today, and wasn't even intending to trade. Ooops!

I was on hot foot monday to Fins , got on Big for 50p but much tighter stop :LOL: :LOL:

All out for Fish n Chips tomorrow on the strength of that one :p Rockin

long term view

Hi Folks,
Just for interest, been quite a run up then?

Attachments

• 2007-10-09 233052.PNG
    2007-10-09 233052.PNG
    55.2 KB · Views: 152
US futs down a bit so far. Could be a fake-out by the MMs before continuing up. Will it last all day today though and up tomorrow ?? That dear Yoric is the question ???

Has anyone tried averaging up with any success ?
Obviously averaging down is a complete no-no but what about up ?

I'm in for a long. Think I should have made it a fut rather than a daily fut.

Has anyone tried averaging up with any success ?
Obviously averaging down is a complete no-no but what about up ?

I'm in for a long. Think I should have made it a fut rather than a daily fut.

I do it , not because it adds up :confused:

just to cut down risk while I am learning. You end up giving profit positions away that at one time you banked, but when its your day so to speak it works out nice :D

I work part time so no cash flow problems, and don"t mind wait, but gets you :devilish:
if you miss a move on one of your tradin days.

Don"t think the math works out, better all on all off IMO for intra day tradin, just them disconects expose your little soft underbelly if you have just entered in any size all at once and server error:!: please phone your SB provider to find out the full extent of your loss. (don"t like hard stop to close to action)

Since started using adds , I do find you only concentrate on the front end of good trade, I am quick to close front/last add if it starts to come back at me :eek:

I would be interested to no what more experienced traders think :?:

Last edited: