Dow 2007

Hi Dinos.....not sure how long I'll hold it for tho'...think we've set up an ABC down.....also live feed just gone down....bummer

Failure to break the low of the current 15 minute bar (13485) will signal me to either go long or stay flat today. A break of that bar will rule out longs for awhile.

Failure to break the low of the current 15 minute bar (13485) will signal me to either go long or stay flat today. A break of that bar will rule out longs for awhile.

It looks like this will be a longs only day, but I'm not sure until this 15 min bar closes. Will do some intermarket analysis in the meantime, checking in with the ES and the NQ.

Long @ 13387 C, SL @ 13357

I'm working on the reason... :LOL:

Not really, just following the crowd. Couldn't resist temptation. I agree with pull back and explanations given.

Careful. I know you jest, but make sure crowd following isn't what you are doing here. My own rules made me hold off on a decent long from 500(futs)

let's see if this rise is just an opening gap fill......or the real deal...:LOL:

I don't like to trade the first half our anyway. In fact, I'm more comfortable with post 15:30 trades. I'm keeping an eye on the delayed yahoo quote for the INDU, Nasdaq Composite, and the S&P. I've heard that the biggest moves or strongest trends come when these markets are moving together. I've seen some posts here suggesting that a trend day is more likely when the % change in the COMPX is 2x or more the % change in the INDU. I also have the NYSE $Tick charted in RT and consider a strong trend day to be when the Tick has difficulty in breaking zero (either to the upside on a downtrend day or to the negative on an uptrend day.)

Careful. I know you jest, but make sure crowd following isn't what you are doing here. My own rules made me hold off on a decent long from 500(futs)

Hi LL, no quite right. I wouldn't blame anyone but my self. I had been watching the DOW and thought the moves down were over done. It's that 80 level again.

I know this chart is somewhat made up but I'm still watching it unfold and may well materialise. I can still see a H&S in the making.

If 13420 levels are breached I think we'll touch 450 again with a small pull back and then the lurch forward and onwards.

Also watching the DAX. Made a few pips out of that this morning. It is also on a bit of a roller coaster. Looking for direction from the US I reckon.

Good luck everyone...

Attachments

• US30 Cash.png
    US30 Cash.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 125
Hi LL, no quite right. I wouldn't blame anyone but my self. I had been watching the DOW and thought the moves down were over done. It's that 80 level again.

I know this chart is somewhat made up but I'm still watching it unfold and may well materialise. I can still see a H&S in the making.

If 13420 levels are breached I think we'll touch 450 again with a small pull back and then the lurch forward and onwards.

Also watching the DAX. Made a few pips out of that this morning. It is also on a bit of a roller coaster. Looking for direction from the US I reckon.

Good luck everyone...

Thanks for the chart and comments. I presume you are talking cash prices (and with CMC why trade anything else!) - but could we all please specify which in each post?

I'm not long until there is a clear failure to break the "double bottom" lows (ie a higher low on reduced volume). Opening gaps down may or may not be completely filled. The fac that the opening gap of almost -50 on the Dow futures (from 9pm last night) has not been filled leads me to think this is a breakaway gap and may not be filled today.

Still, I'm neutral on short term direction, and will watch the %change in COMPX / % change in INDU and the NYSE $Tick readings for a little while first.

I see we are going down for a test of support at 85 (futures) again.