Dow 2006

re trading today. i wont be trading at todays spread 4 points on futures live? not sure if it is my sb or usa market taken advantage of the closed markets. no reply from my sb, normaly 2point spread.

mizunopro said:
which sb gives 2 pt spread?
futures betting. live futs prices . also been emailed that worldspreads are offering 1 point dow cash from friday. dont know if they are going to give you the dow price or there own.

just been informed that the market is slow and wide today due to holidays. will have to watch the price you take today.imo

dcarrigan said:
futures betting. live futs prices . also been emailed that worldspreads are offering 1 point dow cash from friday. dont know if they are going to give you the dow price or there own.

I just had a look at worldspreads home page. They don't give a cash Dow figure but their Dow Jun future spread is the usual 12 points ??? Are you sure about the above statement ?? Seems very generous !!

Pat494 said:
I just had a look at worldspreads home page. They don't give a cash Dow figure but their Dow Jun future spread is the usual 12 points ??? Are you sure about the above statement ?? Seems very generous !!

Hi

Their new 1 point service goes live on Friday 5th May, so what you are seeing is their standard spreads. They will be offering 1 point spreads on the DOW, FTSE, CAC, DAX.

Shall I email?you when they go live for you take another look.

I hope that you had a great weekend.

Kind regards
that is a copy of the email i received.

(MarketWatch) - U.S. personal incomes increased 0.8% in March, the biggest gain since September, the Commerce Department said Monday. Consumer prices rose 0.4%. Core prices (which exclude food and energy prices) rose 0.3%, the biggest gain since October. Core inflation is up 2% in the past 12 months, at the top of the Fed's comfort zone. Consumer spending increased 0.6% in nominal terms. Real consumer spending (adjusted for inflation) rose 0.2%. Economists expected incomes and spending to rise 0.4%. The increase in incomes was largely due to payments under the new Medicare drug program

I am expecting at least a 10-15 point upward direction on the market opening...mmm lets see :cheesy:

dcarrigan said:
Hi

Their new 1 point service goes live on Friday 5th May, so what you are seeing is their standard spreads. They will be offering 1 point spreads on the DOW, FTSE, CAC, DAX.

Shall I email?you when they go live for you take another look.

I hope that you had a great weekend.

Kind regards
that is a copy of the email i received.

I'll try and remember to take a look. Thanks

Very choppy so far today in the 11390 - 11425 range.
Dow really needs to convincingly breach 10450 if we are going to see a real rally this week otherwise consolidation in the 10250 - 450 range could continue a while longer. Would look to go short if the bottom end of this range is breached.

karmit said:
DOW bloodbath for the week begins.
That sudden 60pt spike down at around 8.15pm was due to comments made by a CNBC News Anchor Maria Bartiromo

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Noted CNBC news anchor Maria Bartiromo announced on the air that she had a private conversation with Fed chief Ben Bernanke at a Washington dinner on Saturday and Bernanke told her that the media misunderstood his remarks. In testimony to Congress on Thursday, Bernanke said: "there is ... the possibility that if there is sufficient uncertainty, that we may chose to pause, simply to gain more information to learn better what the true risks are and how the economy is actually evolving." This remark was interpreted by the markets as a signal that the Fed would pause in June. Bartiromo said that Bernanke told her that he was trying to create flexibility for the central bank and data would determine rate move.

Maybe still a little premature to call this market down yet !

Bolivia Military Told to Occupy Gas Fields
Monday May 1, 3:54 pm ET

LA PAZ, Bolivia (AP) -- President Evo Morales ordered soldiers to immediately occupy Bolivia's natural gas fields Monday and threatened to evict foreign companies unless they sign new contracts within six months giving Bolivia majority control over the entire chain of production. Morales said soldiers and engineers with Bolivia's state-owned oil company would be sent to installations operated by foreign petroleum companies.

"The time has come, the awaited day, a historic day in which Bolivia retakes absolute control of our natural resources," Morales said in a speech from the San Alberto petroleum field in southern Bolivia to decree what he called a nationalization of the natural gas industry. The field is operated by Brazil's Petroleo Brasileiro SA in association with the Spanish-Argentine Repsol YPF SA and France's Total SA.

Bolivia has South America's second largest natural gas reserves after Venezuela, and all foreign companies must turn over most production control to Bolivia's cash-strapped state-owned oil company, Yacimientos Petroliferos Fiscales Bolivianos, Morales said.

kriesau said:
That sudden 60pt spike down at around 8.15pm was due to comments made by a CNBC News Anchor Maria Bartiromo

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Noted CNBC news anchor Maria Bartiromo announced on the air that she had a private conversation with Fed chief Ben Bernanke at a Washington dinner on Saturday and Bernanke told her that the media misunderstood his remarks. In testimony to Congress on Thursday, Bernanke said: "there is ... the possibility that if there is sufficient uncertainty, that we may chose to pause, simply to gain more information to learn better what the true risks are and how the economy is actually evolving." This remark was interpreted by the markets as a signal that the Fed would pause in June. Bartiromo said that Bernanke told her that he was trying to create flexibility for the central bank and data would determine rate move.

Maybe still a little premature to call this market down yet !

Hi Kriesau

you just said a mouthful................................. ;)

I am happier, as I am sure other shorters are. It takes a little of the red ink out of the picture. One big bad day tomorrow and I'll be happy. I do think if we take the 11260 out then we could easily shoot back into the old range this week.... Feel as though the odds are ever so slighlty favouring shortside plays at the moment.

Not before a corresponding spike up to 395ish in the morning imo. I'm long 330 for what it's worth. If we are to take out 260, tomorrow would be a good day though. Ties in neatly with the Rinehart/Bradley May low.