Does technical analysis work or not?

Does technical analysis work in your opinion?

• Total voters
T/A as it is does not offer a profitable solution , there are parts of t/a one has to use , then apply patience with it and wait for the trade set up to materialize into a profitable trade.

If a trader is ready for short term failure of t/a , they are readier to use t/a.

Well short term failure is OK. It's long term failure that really sucks...

ok big jon

Why don't you open a journal and post advance trades , to show how to use technical analysis.I know how to use it , but you know , it is very funny to read clowns discussing /boasting about successful trading in hindsight , when they really can't.This is really like a 75 year old , getting orgasm only in the mind., none in reality.

You hit the nail on the head. I have never seen big jon trade. This could settle the matter once and for all.

Bu I have some doubts on some of the recent things he said, giving me the impression he's not too experienced.

You're not gonna slip away and come back with a new handle are you

No, there had been, is, will have only one true joe around here. All other joes are knock offs, and you can instantly tell the difference in quality. I monopolise the premium end of the joes.

If you accept the challenge, then go ahead and open journal and I'll look at it from time to time. My only requirement is that most of the call outs must be for trades that have a live portion. Calls needn't be real time, and you are allowed to wait until a position is in the money before you call.

If you succeed in the challenge, I shall do nothing but to say yes TA works, and you are the first one on the whole internet who is confirmed to be able to do it.

Be warned however, I have ways to disrupt your progress through independent means and at times of my choosing. This is all part and parcel of the challenge. So, no crying afterwards that you failed all because of my fault. The market takes no prisoners, nor will I.

You hit the nail on the head. I have never seen big jon trade. This could settle the matter once and for all.

Bu I have some doubts on some of the recent things he said, giving me the impression he's not too experienced.

At least he can sing about trading and preach others.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well short term failure is OK. It's long term failure that really sucks...

It does not suck for swing trading , see here how I can trade it over several days , using only supports .This shows ,it does not work for short term immediate trade result , but wait patiently for a few days and profit.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...x-weekly-100-ticks-profit-87.html#post2952320

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...x-weekly-100-ticks-profit-87.html#post2952320

It does not suck for swing trading , see here how I can trade it over several days , using only supports .This shows ,it does not work for short term immediate trade result , but wait patiently for a few days and profit.

e1fqHBx.gif

There is no need for me to follow your links. I have already seen quite enough of your posting history. Getting on for 3.5k posts in barely 5 months?

Unfortunately, you are either paid to post here or you really have some mental issues. Either way, you have way too much to say for yourself and literally nothing worth reading at all. The phrase 'A little knowledge is dangerous' fits you like a glove, as does the phrase ' Empty vessels make the most noise'

Members like you literally do a diservice to beginners and those who are struggling. As I said before, one of the reasons traders fail is because they ask advice from those least qualified to give it.

The fact that most people here refrain from engaging with you suggests that they have you on ignore. You can add me to that list.

And by the way, I'd like to put it on public record that I would appreciate it if you refrain from making an appearance in any thread I start here.

I know you will find that tough, considering your addiction but try to act like an adult.

No, there had been, is, will have only one true joe around here. All other joes are knock offs, and you can instantly tell the difference in quality. I monopolise the premium end of the joes.

If you accept the challenge, then go ahead and open journal and I'll look at it from time to time. My only requirement is that most of the call outs must be for trades that have a live portion. Calls needn't be real time, and you are allowed to wait until a position is in the money before you call.

If you succeed in the challenge, I shall do nothing but to say yes TA works, and you are the first one on the whole internet who is confirmed to be able to do it.

Be warned however, I have ways to disrupt your progress through independent means and at times of my choosing. This is all part and parcel of the challenge. So, no crying afterwards that you failed all because of my fault. The market takes no prisoners, nor will I.

My, grandma what a big ego you have. Premium? hardly. You can tell so much by people's choice of words. You'll ' look at it from time to time ' '? That's really big of you.

Only one Joe? Trading forums are full of guys like you and that's exactly why you need to big yourself up in your own mind.

Let's draw the curtain back a bit here shall we? You are nothing more than a disruptive, rude, delusional blowhard. You are a passive aggressive type and really quite clever at presenting yourself to beginners as something you can only dream about.

Nobody should be under any illusion that your comedy act is just light hearted banter. You're a timewaster with issues.

The fact that you and that other fool luzer always travel in pairs reminds us of the phrase 'birds of a feather...' You suit each other perfectly.

You intend to disrupt my progress? Thank you for leaving no doubt in the minds of neutrals here exactly what kind of person you are. You take no prisoners? Do you really have the lack of self worth that your behaviour implies?

I assume you refer to a post I read of yours (I can't be bothered to locate it) in which you literally insinuated that you could move a market against someone to prove that trends don't work.

I kinda rest my case with that example of your idiocy.

You can join Luzer on my ignore list. Same request to you- refrain from commenting on any thread I start.

I assume you refer to a post I read of yours (I can't be bothered to locate it) in which you literally insinuated that you could move a market against someone to prove that trends don't work.

All you have to do is try. Too much words makes for an empty vessel. That's all we have here, words and no action. As you are familiar with my technique, it should be obvious I needn't post in your thread to change the outcome.

Another typical TA fail. I rate this one at 25% probability merchant stooge, here to spread misinformation. I will re-rate as we progress.

Last edited:
Re-rated to 5% probability of a stooge following his initial trades. Very much on the same level as foroom: wood, should, could haves, etc. Uninspiring and does TA a dis-service.

lets agree to drop "technical" & "fundamental" because those are hackneyed outdated overlapping and simply ask does analysis work? my answer would be, what else do we have "divine inspiration":LOL:

I think the question really being asked is do "out-of-box indicators" work. The short answer is HELL NO :D

No indicators work, if they did then all the spread betting companies wouldn't give you access to them.

That's a no then.

Anything that has values takes work. Anything that requires no work, such as head and shoulders, support, resistance generally have no value. In special circumstance, those might have value - for instance if you know where the noobies are going to get robbed, the information may have a use.

Members like you literally do a diservice to beginners and those who are struggling. As I said before, one of the reasons traders fail is because they ask advice from those least qualified to give it.

adult?.

Reread your posts , with 1 st post of bs , you try to teach a grandmother how to suck eggs.

TA works as good as anything else ..........we humans have a great way of making things much more complicated than they need to be .........so why should trading be any different ? :p

N