Dodgy Course & Mentors

You're right, there's nothing to learn, what there is to know you know already. Good luck (y)

Thanks. So if I understand correctly, you've been through the clichéd rubbish spouted in typical trading courses one by one, realised that anyone could easily point out how they were all completely irrelevant to a rules based trading system, and then decided to back out with a sarcastic and pointless reply.

What there is to learn is global macroeconomics or stochastic calculus, if you want to predict the markets with something more than basic statistics. In a rules based retail trader system, the educator has purportedly done all of the leg work already and has a profitable system. The only thing they need to sell now is the sheet of paper with their rules on it. What you persistently have ignored here is why would this educator want to teach you about doing your own leg work? Either they failed and don't make money, or they are taking the attitude of "get lost, do your own work I'm not going to give you my system, make your own because screw you". So tell me, why would you pay them a single penny either way? The fact you can't see that it's a scam and the student is being mugged off is pretty shocking.

.. So if I understand correctly, you've been through the clichéd rubbish spouted in typical trading courses one by one, realised that anyone could easily point out how they were all completely irrelevant to a rules based trading system, and then decided to back out with a sarcastic and pointless reply.
You're right this is exactly what happened

What there is to learn is global macroeconomics or stochastic calculus, if you want to predict the markets with something more than basic statistics. In a rules based retail trader system, the educator has purportedly done all of the leg work already and has a profitable system. The only thing they need to sell now is the sheet of paper with their rules on it. What you persistently have ignored here is why would this educator want to teach you about doing your own leg work? Either they failed and don't make money, or they are taking the attitude of "get lost, do your own work I'm not going to give you my system, make your own because screw you". So tell me, why would you pay them a single penny either way? The fact you can't see that it's a scam and the student is being mugged off is pretty shocking.
Right again! you're on a roll :clap:

Next time, just do the opposite of whatever you did and you'll make a mint - Simples!

Yep, you’re spot on. Apart from the occasional zero (we’ll call the spread), had you of done the opposite to me you would have won a lot of money Friday night. It really is that simple.

PS: I play black or red on roulette. (We’ll call this up or down/long or short)

Lee

Learning to trade, so ok, what is it that you need to learn? I don't think following rules from a profitable trading system takes any real learning at all, a child could do that flawlessly from day one. So go ahead, name me one actual tangible thing that needs to be taught by an experienced trader to an inexperienced one in order to make them profitable.

Ok, so you want to know what an experienced trader (and profitable one) can teach you. Just one actual tangible thing: so here goes:

You lost money. Get over it and get back to trading or learning to trade.

Sound harsh?

I lose money all the time to the markets, however you won’t hear me harping on or ranting on about it. In fact you won’t see it affect me in the slightest. I simply accept it as part of life and trading in particular and carry on.

You can do one of two things here:

1). Constantly moan and use your time to expose (in your interpretation) a dodgy sales course/salesman/mentor/teacher etc.

Or

2). Get on with your life, put the couple of hundred quid loss behind you and keep positive. Belive me when I say that when trading, your biggest loss is yet to come. Let it go and move on otherwise you’ll allow it to hold you back.

Lee

Eh I'm not moaning about my losses or about a dodgy trading course. The opening poster took the course, it didn't make him money, and he correctly determined it was a scam. Your replies to this have been along the lines of "shut up, quit complaining, not everything is scam, that's life, perhaps your losses are your own fault". I think that's pretty distasteful.

I'm trying to be helpful by explaining the objective reasons why almost every trading course will be a scam. You can joke and speak down to me, but that won't change which one of us knows what he's talking about and which one is just perpetuating utter nonsense about 'learning to trade'.

Wow boys boys , are we not grown up here. Got one idiot calling on administers who should really get a life and others having a argument that is unwarranted. We all have opinions that are fair and valid but don't fight. At the end of the day we all pretty much know the likes of Chillingworth the Spreadbet bullsh**er are leaches preying on peoples dreams.

There are good guys out there like Chris Butcher and Charlie Burton who know their stuff. Is it not better to concentrate on helping get better rather than being upset and arguing for no real reason.

Wow boys boys , are we not grown up here. Got one idiot calling on administers who should really get a life and others having a argument that is unwarranted. We all have opinions that are fair and valid but don't fight. At the end of the day we all pretty much know the likes of Chillingworth the Spreadbet bullsh**er are leaches preying on peoples dreams.

There are good guys out there like Chris Butcher and Charlie Burton who know their stuff. Is it not better to concentrate on helping get better rather than being upset and arguing for no real reason.

i like how you are somehow removed from the argument now.. erm... because you were right all along and didn't listen and understand anything that has been said? Hmm i wonder where a similar thing could have happened in the past... :D

I understand fully , just feel a war of words is not really something productive. I just wanted to highlight an issue I thought was valid.

A great response to this course bashing Lee. You hit the nail right on the head there when you talk of taking the opposite side of the signal :smart:

The meandering, muddled response from all three complainers further illustrates how right you are and suggests its probably more a case of poor student, than poor teacher here ;)

The entry “signal” is only the start of it and it moves your account not one jot. It’s the exit that moves your account and there’s nothing to say that if you take the opposite side of the losing system’s entry signal then you will go on to exit profitably. :)

Eh I'm not moaning about my losses or about a dodgy trading course. The opening poster took the course, it didn't make him money, and he correctly determined it was a scam. Your replies to this have been along the lines of "shut up, quit complaining, not everything is scam, that's life, perhaps your losses are your own fault". I think that's pretty distasteful.

I'm trying to be helpful by explaining the objective reasons why almost every trading course will be a scam. You can joke and speak down to me, but that won't change which one of us knows what he's talking about and which one is just perpetuating utter nonsense about 'learning to trade'.

Then I apologize if I have caused you distress. You obviously have passionate feelings when it comes to this particular mentor and nearly all trading courses (your words not mine). Not all training courses and mentors are scams. Each person should take from it what they ultimately put it into. But of course, it’s never no good bringing it up after the event, it’s useless and of course in hindsight. If you think you have been missold to, mislead or bought a falsely advertised product, then there are proper legal bodies that will assist and help you and protect others. Anonymously posting inflammatory and defamatory remarks is no good for you, others, the mentor and this site. We all have to do our own due diligence and naturally take on the risk. If we’ve been a victim of fraud or misselling then it’s pertinant to go through the proper channnels. Not a random anonymous post.

There may be other courses, books or mentors you pay attention to for money or not. The fact still remains that at some point in life we all get served lemons.

The markets open in an hour. I’m still debating and apologising to someone who has felt wrong done by and taken my words as offensive to become defensive, even when my opening post stated not to, I guess some people will find offence and wrong doing where others would not. I mean you no harm and again, apologize if I have caused you offence.

I wish you well in your future.

Lee

I understand fully , just feel a war of words is not really something productive. I just wanted to highlight an issue I thought was valid.

ok, its all good, a worthwhile chat about the man of the moment Mr Chillingworth :cheesy:

Don't worry Lee , you right sometimes we are sold lemons as in this case with Spreadbet Bullsh**er as now named (still makes me chuckle) My hope was that better learning by shared experience was the goal and not a war of words.

For me the vids offered an insight to something different however when I read the course it was very poor and basic , with the disclaimer being select your own ema to trade off and the fact that it is an account killer gave me concern. So when called a poor student or a clone of someone else just amazes me at how some can make an issue out of a simple post rather than be constructive. Anyway as you say the market open soon , so lets see if we are smiling in the morn from a good trade.

Well done chaps.

Nobody wants to buy lemons and nobody wants to see over-priced lemons sold to unsuspecting would-be traders. So how do we stop the lemon-sellers?

Simple - we give away free fruit and so destroy the market for selling lemons. Simply put, we give away strategies that we can agree will work. We only need to post up a handful to suit different situations, they need to be simple for beginners, they must be objective, they don't have to lead to a triple digit % profit in 100 trades as long as they consistently make a profit not a loss.

We don't need to waste our time waiting for a government regulator to be bought in, the FCA or the Advertising Standards Authority or Trading Standards or even BBC's Watchdog. We can do this today.

I would suggest everyone who's taken a pop at unscrupulous trainers and systems vendors should go ahead and put up a simple system.

Hi Tomorton

Sounds good, like you say don't need to be over complicated , as I think we all have different styles and time constraints. For me I like the morning break trade. I watch the price action of the 1 st hour on the open & draw a line at the top and bottom of the hour and wait for a break out based on the price action. Simple and works ok

Nice one Gary. Well, I did say simple you took it literally. Trading does not have to be more complicated than this.
Calling newbie day-traders - don't pay for a London break-out strategy - start with this one.

Hi Tomorton

Sounds good, like you say don't need to be over complicated , as I think we all have different styles and time constraints. For me I like the morning break trade. I watch the price action of the 1 st hour on the open & draw a line at the top and bottom of the hour and wait for a break out based on the price action. Simple and works ok
i agree- you just have to find your own method with decent risk rules.
if you enter and it doesnt behave like you want it to just cut and run