Do you sacrifice

Rocky99

Do you sacrifice leverage an trade 1:50 so you can “feel safe” trading at an FCA broker when all that regulators really do is make sure there is no money washing anyway?

I had issues at CySec brokers and ended up in the same way, kicked out and profits lost. So is it really as important as everyone makes out, surely conditions and broker type is more important?

Even low experience traders can see in broker specifications if they are market making, like minimum distances on stop loss/take profit or trades limits! It means you trade with market maker and you will never be able to make profit with EA systems there!

So find a broker with no trading restrictions and conditions that make sense and doesn’t matter where they are regulated.

UK FCA-registered brokers offer much lower leverage rates than brokers registered in many jurisdictions elsewhere. Low leverage is a minor nuisance for winning traders, but it isn't an issue for the 75-85% of traders with losing accounts - they didn't become losers because their leverage went down, they would be losing anyway.

UK FCA-registered brokers are required to also offer -
  • negative balance protection (so you can never owe your broker more money than you put in)
  • client funds protection up to £85k (so if the broker goes bust you will get all your deposited funds back)
  • segregated bank accounts for clients' funds (so the firm or its creditors cannot touch your trading funds)
The UK also has -
  • strong UK company and advertising regulation
  • a robust and non-corrupt legal system supportive private litigation against any company at fault
  • strong anti-fraud legislation which is keenly enforced through the courts
If you want to give these things away, take a look at your general attitudes to risk management.

That was depressing. You have just reminded me of how much I would have earned over the last few months if the FCA hadn't tightened up leverage.
Ha, glad I looked in!