Negative Balance Protection

Hi Mike

I remember that thread last year and playing with the "kids"

What happened to Rob and some of those other guys ?

You must be just another member of the alternative fan club - because you are so bias and "spinning yarns" its so obvious to see - nothing wrong with us all having a laugh but the old school club do not like it when the joke is on them

Ok - so Major Magnum and NVP - who started following my threads from over 2 yrs ago and then Sun and Nick and the other 55 members who are now listed must all be "dreamers" and must be just hypnotized by my skills - because they see thing happen pre Real time - not hindsight swing trades so many of the old lot did on this forum

I think you can rule out N... and Poor old Sun shame you couldn't have shared with her what she needs to know, she has to share with everyone else first; ... there aint noone else

but please, tell us how you worked with Richard Branson again because that works every time.

Attachments

• who's gonna help you now.JPG
    who's gonna help you now.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 229
  • destroyong peoples lives.JPG
    destroyong peoples lives.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 215
Costs.

Looking at $19.95 equities per side with out leverage
http://info.westpac.com.au/personal...gclid=CISUn-eNqMsCFUYIvAod0LkHnQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

$10 with CFD.
http://www.fpmarkets.com.au/cfds/fees-and-charges/

And they are both going in the same order book.

You can negotiate better deals on an individual basis.

I trade bit of index markets and never seen them without leverage.
Not to say it might be out there

Why can't you use Interactive Brokers in Australia? They have much lower commissions.
https://www.interactivebrokers.com/download/Australian_Certified_Copy_Certificate_Individuals.pdf

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/inv/en/main.php#open-account

Index CFDs
Screen_Shot_2016_03_04_at_2_58_34_PM.png

In your thread "Dax In The Evening", you said you had an account with 65K. Surely, that is enough to use without leverage.

Why can't you use Interactive Brokers in Australia? They have much lower commissions.
https://www.interactivebrokers.com/download/Australian_Certified_Copy_Certificate_Individuals.pdf

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/inv/en/main.php#open-account

Index CFDs
Screen_Shot_2016_03_04_at_2_58_34_PM.png

In your thread "Dax In The Evening", you said you had an account with 65K. Surely, that is enough to use without leverage.

There is an issue of safety of funds held for AUS clients.
Not saying there would be a problem with IB.

There is better deals with FP markets and I am happy with them.
24 hour re-draws, customer service okay.
Been with them since MF Global, 2008

http://www.fpmarkets.com.au/cfds/cfd-account-types/

There is an issue of safety of funds held for AUS clients.
Not saying there would be a problem with IB.
An issue of safety for AUS clients? Could you elaborate for me?

There is better deals with FP markets and I am happy with them.
24 hour re-draws, customer service okay.
Been with them since MF Global, 2008
http://www.fpmarkets.com.au/cfds/cfd-account-types/

They only offer CFDs and it looks like you have to have a good sum of money before they stop charging you $9 per transaction. Do you only trade CFDs?

Oh dear, it was just a simple question... :innocent:
Is this turning into the longest thread since the invention of the internet :eek:

Anyway, keep it going guys, this is fascinating, I'm learning big time...(y)

------------------------------------------------------------

hhiusa
:whistling :confused: :sleep:

I only do £2 per pip max on uk100 intraday on a 15k account (or equivalent ratio on dax and mib) - Now I wouldn't call that high leverage, so are you saying i don't need to worry about negative balance, or should I drop to 50p per pip and increase my balance to 20k?...

PS:I'm just worried I could have a heart attack at my desk, mis-clicking 999 per pip call (thinking I'm calling 999!), get taken to A&E, in hospital for 5 days, London shutdown (bloody black swan again), ftse reopens at 10 (ten)...then I'd have to sell my body to the night for the rest of my life.
:cry:
...anyway, that's not gonna happen but hopefully you get the gist mate

An issue of safety for AUS clients? Could you elaborate for me?

They only offer CFDs and it looks like you have to have a good sum of money before they stop charging you $9 per transaction. Do you only trade CFDs?

There not using your funds for borrowing, your funds should be held in a separate account.
They could not guarantee that for Aus clients.
IB might have changed this policy now, was about 3 or 4 years ago when I looked.

Only trade CFD's

There not using your funds for borrowing, your funds should be held in a separate account.
They could not guarantee that for Aus clients.
IB might have changed this policy now, was about 3 or 4 years ago when I looked.

Only trade CFD's

So, stamp duty is levied upon all things except CFDs? They're not using your funds for borrowing? I am sorry but I do not understand what you mean.

Screen_Shot_2016_03_04_at_3_52_06_PM.png

Oh dear, it was just a simple question... :innocent:
Is this turning into the longest thread since the invention of the internet :eek:

Anyway, keep it going guys, this is fascinating, I'm learning big time...(y)

I only do £2 per pip max on uk100 intraday on a 15k account (or equivalent ratio on dax and mib) - Now I wouldn't call that high leverage, so are you saying i don't need to worry about negative balance, or should I drop to 50p per pip and increase my balance to 20k?...

PS:I'm just worried I could have a heart attack at my desk, mis-clicking 999 per pip call (thinking I'm calling 999!), get taken to A&E, in hospital for 5 days, London shutdown (bloody black swan again), ftse reopens at 10 (ten)...then I'd have to sell my body to the night for the rest of my life.
:cry:
...anyway, that's not gonna happen but hopefully you get the gist mate

Sorry John

It's a game of risk control and out comes.

You sound fine what you doing, it's a simple game of buyer and sellers interacting.
Just know when to push when the odds are on your side.

Leave you in peace.(y)

Sure Flo-Jo will be along later telling us that we all wrong and destroying another thread.

Last edited:
I checked out the link. Why does it matter to you whether or not they keep custody of the funds in a separate bank? I am not saying this bad or good. I just want to know your take.

I checked out the link. Why does it matter to you whether or not they keep custody of the funds in a separate bank? I am not saying this bad or good. I just want to know your take.

Sorry MF was 2011 not 2008.
When this happens to me it means my funds are gone or tied up for a period of time.
Maybe it's a one in a life time thing but it happened to me and stuck a cord.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MF_Gl...sfers_client_account_funds_to_its_own_account

Off to the beach.:LOL:
http://www.swellnet.com/surfcams/burleigh-heads

Sorry MF was 2011 not 2008.
When this happens to me it means my funds are gone or tied up for a period of time.
Maybe it's a one in a life time thing but it happened to me and stuck a cord.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MF_Gl...sfers_client_account_funds_to_its_own_account

How many times has this happened in history? I do not know. Do you?

Nobody is in the water. Do you live near the Pacific Regis Apartments in Burleigh? The pictures you posted earlier, showed your place several floors. Can you still hear the ocean?

Hey Mister, I initiated this thread with a simple question.
You failed to answer the question and instead tell me what I should/should not trade.

I insist with my question that is in my opinion legit.
You persist with the same answer.
Then you decide to put me on your ignore list... on my thread!:cry:
Moderator, what is going on here?

I did find that a bit strange to John :LOL: :LOL: But HHiusa is a knowledgeable guy and good to have around. I'm sure there's a simple explanation.

Btw, I'm with you on the nbp , I honestly thought I was covered with my broker until I checked into it , it would be something I would consider swapping brokers for.

Hey Mister, I initiated this thread with a simple question.
You failed to answer the question and instead tell me what I should/should not trade.

I insist with my question that is in my opinion legit.
You persist with the same answer.
Then you decide to put me on your ignore list... on my thread!:cry:
Moderator, what is going on here?
There are about 10 billion galaxies in the observable universe! The number of stars in a galaxy varies, but assuming an average of 100 billion stars per galaxy means that there are about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (that's 1 billion trillion) stars in the observable universe!
There are more interesting things to focus on John.I wouldnt worry about it.Be strong;)

I did find that a bit strange to John :LOL: :LOL: But HHiusa is a knowledgeable guy and good to have around. I'm sure there's a simple explanation.

Btw, I'm with you on the nbp , I honestly thought I was covered with my broker until I checked into it , it would be something I would consider swapping brokers for.

I'm sure there there is a simple explanation, however, success is not just knowing when to pull the trigger. As we all (should) know, risk management is important. And to me, neg bal protection would go in my risk management notes.
The guy has strong opinions, he may be knowledgeable but he is certainly lacking in his approach to risk adversity.

I will explain the math below. The price of the GBP/USD when I wrote this was around $1.4076. If you sell at a profit of 10 pips, that means the price will be $1.4086. You can choose to look at pips only, whereas I will look at percentages.

1.4086/1.4076 = 1.00071 = 0.071% gain per trade.

You admittedly said that you have a 61%-87% success rate in batches of 100 trades. This means that 61-87 trades will be successful and 13-39 trades will be unsuccessful. You have also said that you average a 72% success rate.

You use exponentiation or compound interest each time. 1.00071ˆ61 = 1.0442. This is the result for the successful trades.
Screen_Shot_2016_03_03_at_5_16_43_AM.png

1.00071ˆ39 = 1.028. This is the result for the unsuccessful trades.
Screen_Shot_2016_03_03_at_5_18_53_AM.png

Trades that are unsuccessful, cost you money. 1.0442/1.028 = 1.015. That means that there will be an average of 1.5% return upon every 100 trades.

Hi hhiusa

Earlier on in this thread you accused me of making many assumptions etc

Well your assumption that was based in your maths - every 100 trades I will make on average a return of just 1 5% is so unbelievably INCORRECT - all due to so many incorrect assumptions - basically because you just have not got a clue how my method works and how I trade.

I say that with no disrespect because I have checked your own trading thread out and similar I don't really understand how you really trade - other then maybe on FX pairs - and even the info you supply on the statement does not really give me all I need to know.

OK - you have confirmed you don't use stops and that mostly you leave trades on a few days or longer - that you are prepared to average down and that you look for 1% + return on winning trades.

You have then worked out your projected returns all based on maths etc.

Now the only way you can do that with my method is by having all the stats - not just cherry picking win ratios and assumptions that I make a 10 pip profit on every winning trade and have a 10 pip stop ?

Remember my retail way is as far as I am concerned fairly "unique" - its far detached to the majority of normal ways retail traders trade and very different to commercial/ institutional trading - ie the guys you think you should try and replicate .

I put emphasis on trade entries and accuracy and doing all the things most traders say you cannot do - ie catching interim lows and highs and making multi intraday trades a day that might last 2 mins or 2 hrs or 2 months - with no fixed targets on each trade.

My stops are all the same - ok well 3 to 7 pips so if you average 5 pips as the stop size that would apply and cover over 60% of all my trades#

I will not enter a trade on my full stake size I am working on that day unless I can enter with a stop under 7 pips. However my full stake size is again not fixed in stone - it depends on so many factors - including the time of the day and also the day of the week and of the month - and of course my last 100 trades success rate in terms of profit return

You cannot work all these variables out in just a simple maths formulae - ok you might think you can as you are good at advanced maths - but you results will only be correct if you have all the relevant information

Win ratios on the own are of no real guide. Similar Risk to Reward ratios in isolation are of no real use - but if you have all the components involved - then you will get a more realistic answer.

Sharpe ratios etc and other ratios used by the industry are similar are not of great use when you are not compounding ( I don't compound) and for just retail size capital accounts.

You have made me chuckle when you said about 1 5% on ever 100 trades - so let me explain more to show how you are so wrong

I would do normally 100 intraday trades in approx 7 trading days ( on average )

So according to you if I average 1 5% return every 7 trading days - in one full trading year of say approx 250 trading days - that's approx an average annual 54% ROC .

Trouble is you have then forgotten to factor in all my money management "edges" the tips etc you don't read about in books and told about on courses

1. As already said - my stop size is nearly constant - ie average 5 pips - but my targets are entirely fluid / flexible - and although I expect a minimum 1:1 RR on even as really poor trades - most trading days I will also have winning trades with RR's of 3 and 5 and even as high as 10 .

2. Because I am after efficiency in trading - I want my RR's of 3 or 5 within 30 mins of trading - and then I can bank it - an also get more trades in my trading session window

3. On busy trading days I don't stop at my daily target of 50 pips - I can easily double or treble it and even 7 fold it but then most of the winning pips might be on just partial stakes with the stops already in profit - so not to risk a winning trade go to a loss. - slight diversion here - how many trades do you have that go from being in a winning position into a loss that you keep having to average down on ??

4. With my method its possible to have 6 winning trades that make me more money that 15 winning trades with double the amount of pips. I hope you understand this as its certainly not factored in anyway on your basic maths formulae.

A typical 100 trade result for me would be the following

Win ratio - 71%

Average R/R - 2.4

Average efficiency factor - 7

Winning trades 71 - average pip size 13 pips - 923 pips

Losing trades 29 - average pip size 4 pips - 116 pips

Net pip results - 923 - 116 = 807 pips

Value per pip - anything from $10 to $70 - ( that's another reason why i will not disclose results)

My daily target is 50 pips on full stake size for session

So if I do 100 trades in approx 7 trading days - my normal expected result is 7 x 50 = 350 pips

Therefore if I make approx 807 pips in that period - i am over double my target - but it does not mean it double over my money target.

Now all these figures are not fixed in stone - and as the FX markets - they are constantly changing - ie

My win ratio might drop to 64% in April and my RR's might drop to 1.7 and my average winning trade might go to 11.

However in May - my win ratios might improved to 78% my RR's improve to 3 and my losing trades average stop in below 4 and I do 100 trades in only 6 working days.

Going back to your assumption of 1 5% return on 100 trades - its actually between 7 and 19% - all depending on the size of stake and the the amount of partials stakes in the 100 trade result

Anything under 5% return on 100 intraday trades is inefficient and means the method is then not that brilliant.

For me to make losses over 100 trades and over 7 trading days - I would need a win ratio of under 40% - RR under 1.4 and average winning trade under 8 pips with stop size of 5 pips

Please feel free to question these figures

Regards

F

Pips are meaningless. The Forex market functions just like an equity. If the GBP/USD goes up 10 pips, the amount that you will make depends on the price of the pound. However, 1% is always on percent.

This is a recent post from your journal

Hi guys

i posted this comment this morning on another thread

I have copied it here as it gives more detail on the financials and money side of my method

Just to explain if you think my average win of 13 pips is very low - that's because its based on full stake size - and therefore a 45 pip scalp that as say 30 pips on just 30% is only like a 9 pip win on full stake

Also some of my winning trades only make 3 or 5 pips - they are still wins - but of course I get more scratched trades under 10 pips than I do catch 100 pips moves that again will only be on partials with stops in profit

Any other points or queries on it feel free to comment on

Enjoy your weekend

The math that I posted approximated an average of 10 pips. Here, you say it is 13 pips. You stated that you have a winning average of 61-87% on your trades. You also stated that that average is based upon 100 trades. I have read your the last few pages of your journal. You certainly have not posted 100 of what you would call trades in the last week.

The price of the GBP/USD when I wrote this was around $1.4076. If you sell at a profit of 10 pips, that means the price will be $1.4086. You can choose to look at pips only, whereas I will look at percentages. I changed the math to represent your supposed 13 pip average.

1.4089/1.4076 = 1.00092 = 0.071% gain per trade. 1.4089 - 1.4076 = 13 pips.

You use exponentiation or compound interest each time. 1.00092ˆ72 = 1.068. This is the result for the successful trades. You understand how compound interest works right? However, every time you lose money, you divide that number.

(100 - 72) = 28% fail rate. You said you use a 10 pip stop. That creates approximately a maximum loss of 0.09% or 1.00092.

1.00092^28 = 1.026. Win rate/loss rate = 1.068/1.026 = 1.0409. This is how much you will make after 100 trades. 1.0409 = 4.09%.

Pips are meaningless. The Forex market functions just like an equity. If the GBP/USD goes up 10 pips, the amount that you will make depends on the price of the pound. However, 1% is always on percent.

This is a recent post from your journal

The math that I posted approximated an average of 10 pips. Here, you say it is 13 pips. You stated that you have a winning average of 61-87% on your trades. You also stated that that average is based upon 100 trades. I have read your the last few pages of your journal. You certainly have not posted 100 of what you would call trades in the last week.

The price of the GBP/USD when I wrote this was around $1.4076. If you sell at a profit of 10 pips, that means the price will be $1.4086. You can choose to look at pips only, whereas I will look at percentages. I changed the math to represent your supposed 13 pip average.

1.4089/1.4076 = 1.00092 = 0.071% gain per trade. 1.4089 - 1.4076 = 13 pips.

You use exponentiation or compound interest each time. 1.00092ˆ72 = 1.068. This is the result for the successful trades. You understand how compound interest works right? However, every time you lose money, you divide that number.

(100 - 72) = 28% fail rate. You said you use a 10 pip stop. That creates approximately a maximum loss of 0.09% or 1.00092.

1.00092^28 = 1.026. Win rate/loss rate = 1.068/1.026 = 1.0409. This is how much you will make after 100 trades. 1.0409 = 4.09%.

HI hhiusa

I am sure you know you are very frustating and maybe you never admit when you are wrong

In this case you are wrong

i dont use a 10 pip stop

SHALL I REPEAT IT 20 TIMES

i USE STOP SIZES OF 3 PIPS TO 7 PIPS MAXIMUM - EVERY TRADE I TAKE ON 100% STAKE SIZE

SO AGAIN - your calculations are totally wrong

you have me as a RR average of 1

Its as I said in previous posts fron average of 2 to 3 + and mean average of 2 4

So now do your calculations again

Regards

F

Check back to 2013/ 14 I only used 10 pip stops over 6 years ag0 this last 3 years from 3 pips to 7 pips

Then also you calculations are still too simple to take in my other variables

PS

i DO NOT COMPOUND ON MY MAIN ACCOUNT - Again explained - please read my posts thoroughly !!

HI hhiusa

I am sure you know you are very frustating and maybe you never admit when you are wrong

In this case you are wrong

i dont use a 10 pip stop

SHALL I REPEAT IT 20 TIMES

i USE STOP SIZES OF 3 PIPS TO 7 PIPS MAXIMUM - EVERY TRADE I TAKE ON 100% STAKE SIZE

SO AGAIN - your calculations are totally wrong

you have me as a RR average of 1

Its as I said in previous posts fron average of 2 to 3 + and mean average of 2 4

So now do your calculations again

Regards

F

Check back to 2013/ 14 I only used 10 pip stops over 6 years ag0 this last 3 years from 3 pips to 7 pips

Then also you calculations are still too simple to take in my other variables

PS

i DO NOT COMPOUND ON MY MAIN ACCOUNT - Again explained - please read my posts thoroughly !!

:LOL:

It is not up to you if you compound your account. Watch! It is pretty simple. I enter into a trade and make 0.092%. Now, I have 1.00092 * my principal. I enter into a second trade and make on average 0.092%. Now, I have 1.00092 * 1.00092 * my principal or 1.00092^2. 1.00092^2 = 1.00184084. That is compound interest.

You admittedly say that you rarely catch greater than 10 pips. You also said that you catch more trades that net you less than 10 pips than you do more than 10 pips. It is not me who is constantly changing their stats to suit their needs.
:whistling

Also some of my winning trades only make 3 or 5 pips - they are still wins - but of course I get more scratched trades under 10 pips than I do catch 100 pips moves that again will only be on partials with stops in profit

By these numbers, you would have made less than I calculated.

You and Peti305 are two peas in a pod.