Do you have an "edge" in your trading?

No, of course not. But let's face it, Livermore was a fairly reckless trader. Perhaps he had the trading thing down, but his money management was not the best.

Most fascinating part back then (as illustrated in *that book* constantly by the narrative) was the trickery and manipulation that went on, not the trading methods which bore absolutely no relation to what we do. That manipulation is the real action, not what us plebs do...scrambling around for the crumbs..;)

Most fascinating part back then (as illustrated in *that book* constantly by the narrative) was the trickery and manipulation that went on, not the trading methods which bore absolutely no relation to what we do. That manipulation is the real action, not what us plebs do...scrambling around for the crumbs..;)

Been a few years since I read it. I'll read it again once I'm done with "Fooled by randomness".

Give up will you...:LOL:
What, like Bertie did?

Perhaps that’s why you’re so fascinated with Livermore’s end. Same as your hero of old on here. They both blew their brains out. One in reality and the other as a staged drama on this site. Do you believe that’s what all real good traders do? Do you feel to become a good trader you should emulate them?

I may be able to help you….

Been a few years since I read it. I'll read it again once I'm done with "Fooled by randomness".

A good read, particularly the annotated edition. I re-read those (the notes) in my second read. The characters that are detailed, and how bar one or two are all stiffers and players of world class standard, is illuminating. Teaches you fook all about modern day retail trading, none of what's covered is relevant. Just a great read.

Just a general heads up for any of the newer members: Beware anyone who uses animal analogies for trading.

But if you simply have to, wouldn't you better off listening at least to the one that won the race?

Dont worry, I'm not about to let any cats out of bags. T2W is strictly for LULZ.

The level of conviction he had in his CDS trade was staggering.. it's almost as though he got to see into the future..

Dont worry, I'm not about to let any cats out of bags. T2W is strictly for LULZ.

It would make no difference if you let the ‘cat out of the bag’ because they wouldn’t understand what they were seeing and whether ‘it’ comes from bags or some other unknown place. They would see four legs, a tail, a pair of ears and eyes and convince themselves they were actually seeing something else. Perhaps a dog or horse or even a wildebeest! They would form knitting circles and try to come up with an answer by committee and you can bet your edge the answer would be anything but a cat…LULZ it is!

Always amazes me at how many people idolise him as some kind of trading genius, a template to aspire to, altho presumably not the suicide thing?? :eek:

I don't think it's because he's any kind of genius, more that he makes the obvious clear.

Kin ell Bud! ;)

You really should consider reading it again if that's what you think.

ENDEX ;).