edge init

I am quite happy to state my edge on the internet as it's very simple and won't affect anything.

It's basically this: I hang around on trading forums. How is this an edge? Simple. Only 1 to 2 percent of traders on forums are losers.

(y)

turn the potato omelet around again....lol

In answer to the original post (apologies for joining this party a bit late), there's only two general types of edge that exist out there.

there are lots of edges around you just need to find one that matches your needs. I dare say even the '3 ducks trading system' posted by captain currency could give an edge if used correctly.

No, I was actually being serious...

The only two general types of edge arise from two distinct phenomena: a) liquidity provision; b) forecasting. So when one makes money consistently, one is either a) market-making; or b) predicting the future (or some mix of the two). Everything that people talk about when they talk about "edge" falls into one of the categories above.

No, I was actually being serious...

The only two general types of edge arise from two distinct phenomena: a) liquidity provision; b) forecasting. So when one makes money consistently, one is either a) market-making; or b) predicting the future (or some mix of the two). Everything that people talk about when they talk about "edge" falls into one of the categories above.

Exactly!

Most retail traders only fall into one of those categories. I say most; as being a retail trader does not always mean lack of funds.