difference between Vista home Premium and Business

breadman

Established member
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me the difference between Vista Home Premium and Vista Business. I am looking to get a laptop and have found a cheaper one with Vista Business. Which one is best. To be used for trading and general internet use.

Thanks,

breadman

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me the difference between Vista Home Premium and Vista Business. I am looking to get a laptop and have found a cheaper one with Vista Business. Which one is best. To be used for trading and general internet use.

Thanks,

breadman

Differences: the price.

Honestly, I can't really see much. The same differentiations between XP Home and Pro I would expect. Pro version has support for domains, fancy group policy stuff, on the fly encryption, etc...

For trading, you'll be okay with either. Or Windows XP. Or Windows 2000. Or maybe even Linux if you are feeling a little brave (IB, Oanda, and all the SB firms bar CMC work on it, as well as some charting stuff).

For trading, you'll be okay with either. Or Windows XP. Or Windows 2000. Or maybe even Linux if you are feeling a little brave (IB, Oanda, and all the SB firms bar CMC work on it, as well as some charting stuff).

Personally I think that Windows Vista is the best incentive yet to look into using another OS. I looked at Linux but in the end plumped for a whole new setup and went for Mac. Admittedly I occasionally have to use Windows XP (via Parallels Desktop on the Mac) to do certain things, and a lot of charting apps require Windows, but overall I'm pleased as punch. Wouldn't go back to using Windows for my main system now; Mac is far too fast and stable.

If you’re a WinXP Home or Pro user and follow the links to Windows Secrets (below) you’ll find out how to get some of the features of Vista product set either for free and/or certainly at much lower prices than you’ll be paying by buying the upgrades from Microsoft.

Here are the links: http://windowssecrets.com/2007/07/12/01-Add-business-features-to-XP-or-Vista and http://windowssecrets.com/2007/07/19/01-Add-Premium-Enterprise-features-to-XP-or-Vista

HTH

Mayfly

PS - Brave decision there Matt! :eek: