Prosuite 2000i on Vista

I also had some problems installing TradeStation 2000i on Vista, since no one has mentioned this as yet, I have tried installing VMware on my Vista 64 bit and have TradeStation 2000i running on Windows XP which sit inside of VMWare, works great.

Thanks will try this if i have further problems

Does anyone have a link for that Hypertrader program? The link I found says that it's not available anymore.

Cycleidentifier

Reading Help Files

When you mention: "appropriate registry key at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT", to which of these registry keys are you referring?

Also, could you indeed provide the link reading the Tradestation Help Files?

First, right click the program shortcut Select Properties and then Compatibility. Check the box to "Run the program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2). Then, check the box labeled Privilege level to "Run the program as an administrator". Click Apply and then OK to apply compatibility selections.

The first error has to do with permission on REGISTRY. This is also resolved by going to the appropriate registry key at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and using REGEDIT to change the permissions to full control.

If you have any luck with the above let me know. If you also have problems reading the help file I will give you a link to solve that.

Alex

Tks very much Alex, this has got 2000i up again with Vista. I had no probs initially, & think it was UAC which caused this. So now we know your solution works. I am actually a TS 8.3 1631 user, but keep 2ki running for long term data which TS do not supply.

Many Tks

Ray;)

Tks very much Alex, this has got 2000i up again with Vista. I had no probs initially, & think it was UAC which caused this. So now we know your solution works. I am actually a TS 8.3 1631 user, but keep 2ki running for long term data which TS do not supply.

Many Tks

Ray;)

has anybody tried to have ts2000i running on vista AND connected to esignal ? Last thing i heard was that that does not work ...

has anybody tried to have ts2000i running on vista AND connected to esignal ? Last thing i heard was that that does not work ...

Guys,

I am also trying to get TS2000i connected to eSignal in Vista on a new HP laptop that I recently purchased.
TS2000i installed fine and verified EL analysis. I can start the eSignal winros, it works fine and collets data, then when I start TS in online mode and go to the performance tab, the connect status line remains "initialized" but will not go to "connected".
I have set the compatibility mode to Windows XP (SP2) and also changed the Privilege Level to run as administrator.
Does anyone have any ideas to get it to connect?

Hmm, This has got me wondering about Vista as I did try installing it and it seemed to work but I didn't check realtime capability and reading this I think that I now should do.

Is there anyone else who has got this working in realtime on Vista ?

Paul

problem with eSignal Ts2000 plugin

Hmm, This has got me wondering about Vista as I did try installing it and it seemed to work but I didn't check realtime capability and reading this I think that I now should do.

Is there anyone else who has got this working in realtime on Vista ?

Paul

I have the same problem with TS2000 and eSignalPlugin ; when I start Global Server it starts and also the eSignal Data Manager starts , then the GlobalServer initialized but does not collect any data in realtime ......, any help about this problem ?

best regards
Massimo

Many Tks

Ray;)

I used the process mentioned and i've had success but i continue to have problem with reading help file . Can you help me ?

I'd be more interested to know if it works on Windows 7.
Vista was a stop-gap codge-up imo. Meanwhile I'm staying on XP.

Glenn

This may not be relevant as I don't use the named trading software, but here is my two bits worth....

Which version of Vista you are using can make a difference.....I use Ultimate versions for both Vista and for Win 7...

Windows 7 I use in MacBookPro17 under VMWare Fusion 3....Works like a rocket....

Typical Windows version comes with set items depending on which version you use.....See below....

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/compare-editions/default.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/compare/default.aspx

win 7 and Tradestation 2000i

I'd be more interested to know if it works on Windows 7.
Vista was a stop-gap codge-up imo. Meanwhile I'm staying on XP.

Glenn

I'm in the process of using Ts 2000i with Win 7, but have a problem with the service packs, (2000i SP4&5) get the message about the temp folder being full up, I know how to solve this with XP, but Win7 is different , I can't find the temp directory for a start ,
I wonder if anyone out there can offer a solution

I'm not familiar with Vista, does it not have a "TEMP" environment variable pointing to the temporary directory ?

The 2000i SP problem is that it's install leaves a file in the temporary directory with the read only attribute set, so you have to turn this attribute off and delete the file before running the next service pack.

I never had this issue with XP but I am curious to know how you fixed it ?

Paul

Hi Paul, these are my notes on the reinstall on XP....
I did install on vista a last year no problem, but Win 7 structure is different,
I think I may have to contact the italians for further help......
cheers, john
Notes:
INSTALL SERVICE PACK TRADESTATION 4&5PROBLEM, Error Message reads:
THE DEPRESSION HAS FAILED
THERE MAYBE NOT ENOUGH FREE SPACE IN THE TEMP DIRECTORY:
Solution: (> means next)
SEARCH> FILES OR FOLDERS> DRIVE C: > A WORD OR PHRASE> SETUP.INI
> DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS,SETUP...file, open and check inside,should say something like
Omega Reaearch service pack> DELETE AND RETRY TO INSTALL.......DOES WORK,
JK 25 JUNE 2008/added 13 Oct 08

addition: IF INSTALLED CORRECTLY THE GLOBALSERVER SHOULD READ:ver 5.00.08.22
TOOLBAR>HELP>VERSION