Prosuite 2000i on Vista

Update, windows 7 install issue, I did contact hypertrader for advice but at present ( November 2009)they have not tested Win 7, so after much trial and error I have finally installed the service packs
and hopefully tradestation will run fine on Win7.....

Installed TS 2000i on win7 32 ultimate. It works fine.

I've NOT installed it on "program files" folder. Temp problem with sp5 solved deleting data on it: just type "%TEMP" on serch and system temp folder will appear.

Now I am testing owndata + ts8 on same PC, owndata gets data from Global Server 2000i

I'm using Win7 ulitmate 64 bit......I think thats why I had a few "challenges" along the way with compatability issues, but I'm now up and running with it,

Win7 and 2000i tradestation

have you installed with no problem PROSUITE 2000i on win7 64 bit ?

Yes....but it wasn't trouble free, tradestation is a 32 bit application so it runs better on that platform, I've now got 2 copies on 2 hard drives on my pc, one is 32bit on XP and the other is 64bit on Win7

great Wheezergeeser !

I didn't find rasmon.bin file on win7 64 so I wasn't able to install prosuite. I've tried to doit on a virtualXP machine but installation stops becouse of "low memory" I thingh it wants phisical one not virtual one.

I've read through this forum and I can't see if there was a solution. I am trying to get real time data from eSignal into TradeStation 2000i running Windows Vista Ultimate. Also, I am thinking of upgrading to windows 7 - will realtime data work with that OS as well?

I run automated trading strategies using HyperOrder and it is important to have that software working also.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cam

for all that worry and trouble, might as well go get multicharts.
unless you can't afford it, then you don't need to ungrade to w7 either.

I've read through this forum and I can't see if there was a solution. I am trying to get real time data from eSignal into TradeStation 2000i running Windows Vista Ultimate. Also, I am thinking of upgrading to windows 7 - will realtime data work with that OS as well?

I run automated trading strategies using HyperOrder and it is important to have that software working also.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cam

Cam, I've personally installed 2000i on Windows XP pro, Vista home and Win 7 ultimate 64bit
(appreciate that you're having problems) have you installed service packs 4&5 on tradestation ? perhaps the problem is related to the tradestation setup rather than windows, I currently don't use eSignal , but have run it a few years ago with 2000i on Win XP

for all that worry and trouble, might as well go get multicharts.

Multicharts is not comparable to Prosuite as it has no Radarscreen capability which, for me, is essential.

Paul

Cam, I've personally installed 2000i on Windows XP pro, Vista home and Win 7 ultimate 64bit
(appreciate that you're having problems) have you installed service packs 4&5 on tradestation ? perhaps the problem is related to the tradestation setup rather than windows, I currently don't use eSignal , but have run it a few years ago with 2000i on Win XP

wheezergeezer, I am running TS version 5. I can run the TS software without drama when I use intraday data. It is only when i try to use real time data. I think the problem might be the way esignal talks to global server.

I have just found out that win 7 has XP Mode which runs a virtual copy of win XP. I will give that a go and post the results.

Cam

I have now upgraded my system to run windows 7. The only solution to streaming realtime data from eSignal into global server was to run all programs that need data (tradestation, hyperorder, eSignal ...) through XP mode (virtual PC). It worked OK for a while, but i got sick of the virtual PC slowing the PC down. I have resorted to purchasing a cheap desktop to run win XP (~$500) and all the omega related software and I have my good computer running all the latest software and hardware. Both computers are running extremely quick (compared to what they were) and I am happy with the decision.

My advice would be that if you are not prepared to spend a bit of cash, i wouldn't bother about upgrading to Win 7. It does run a lot quicker, but took a long time to set up the way I wanted.

Merry Christmas all,

Cam

Error I/0 Tradestation 2000i

I was hoping you might be able to assist me... I have an older version of tradestation...2000i...I just transfered to a new windows 7 laptop and getting error messages when trying to open as well can not transfer my ela or els files... I am getting the same message as you helped someone else...

was hoping you can assist me..thanks

[email protected]

Just loaded Prosuite 2000i on to my laptop (with Vista) and I'm getting the following error messages;

''Failed to update the system registry Please try using REGEDIT''

or when opening saved code;

I/O error : ''Cannot open master file.''

Anyone come across this one and know how to fix?

cheers:|

Hello,

I am new here
Having problem installing ProSuite 2000i on my new Win 7 system
However, Alexander post is solved the problem
Thanks Alexander it is really great...now it is running smoothly

best regards

First, right click the program shortcut Select Properties and then Compatibility. Check the box to "Run the program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2). Then, check the box labeled Privilege level to "Run the program as an administrator". Click Apply and then OK to apply compatibility selections.

The first error has to do with permission on REGISTRY. This is also resolved by going to the appropriate registry key at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and using REGEDIT to change the permissions to full control.

If you have any luck with the above let me know. If you also have problems reading the help file I will give you a link to solve that.

Alex