Didya know ?

Pat494

Legendary member
Thought I might start a trivia thread. Please add your own too.

Last edited:
today's didya know

The Express, The Telegraph, The Times, The Star and The Independent are all famous UK newspapers but their names were originally the names of London based stagecoach lines from the 1830s.

Now ya know.

If you are feeling lonely Nigella ? There is a warm spot in my kitchen for you darling - mmhh & kisses.

Yummy

Last edited:
Is it just a coincidence that a bit coin now equals 1 oz of gold ?

Didya know

A group of kittens is called a kindle

now ya know

Tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, pumpkins and aubergines are all considered fruits (botanically speaking)

If you are using a market direct connection for data to Nasdaq or CME via internet you will require at least 4 Mb/sec upload speed for data verification from your PC. If you didn't realize it was that much, now you know.

Cheers

Didya know

Eton College was originally founded to provide free schooling for poor boys

now ya know

Did you know that pubic lice are becoming an endangered species due to rising levels of depilation to the pubic region amongst us hoo-mans.

If you donate just £2 a month we can save the crabby little critters and give generations to come the opportunity to enjoy the itching and scratching that these beautiful creatures promote.

Please go to our website and donate £2 today...
longliveascratchysnatch.org

Did you know that in many species including humans, along with a circadian rhythm or cycle there is a 7-day cycle (circaseptan rhythm), which seems to please the religious fundamentalists immensely, and is suggested by some as the real reason behind the 7-day week?

Last edited:
Did you know that in many species including humans, along with a circadian rhythm or cycle there is a 7-day cycle (circaseptan rhythm), which seems to please the religious fundamentalists immensely, and is suggested by some as the real reason behind the 7-day week?

I thought the religious lot were more into the Summer soltice etc. Although recently the boffins seem to favour the Winter soltice for stone henge !

I thought the religious lot were more into the Summer soltice etc. Although recently the boffins seem to favour the Winter soltice for stone henge !

Well they may be into lots of things, but the 7 days of creation and keeping the Sabbath (7th day) holy must rank fairly highly.

Last edited:
It is remarkable that even going back to the Babylonians, the 7-day week was established even within their primary sexagesimal system - which they inherited from the Sumerians. Across geographical, cultural and religious divides, the 7-day week is a constant. The only possible explanation can be Match of the Day.

It is remarkable that even going back to the Babylonians, the 7-day week was established even within their primary sexagesimal system - which they inherited from the Sumerians. Across geographical, cultural and religious divides, the 7-day week is a constant. The only possible explanation can be Match of the Day.

I believe it is based on a cycle of 4 affecting male and female interaction. Week 1: getting along, 2: still getting along, 3: maybe getting along,4: not so much. Then repeat.

Cheers

Didya know

40 million people in China live in caves ?

Now ya know