DESPERATELY Slow Access to t2w Pages

Sharky said:
The site pretty much ground to a halt this morning. We've reverted back to the old system of tracking ad stats and this seems to have now fixed the speed problems.
Certianly has. Thanks Sharky.

We upgraded the ad software so we could geo-target delivery of the ads by country - but this had an additional overhead on the server, which gradually got worse. I'm going to bring a second server online to share the load and hopefully speed things up even more.

hmm my bt yahoo connection has been total whatsit today still cant access email, Internet explorer is working fine though. blast, see what happens when we rely on the net? were all doomed ! :)

The second dedicated server is now online and we've off-loaded all the ad serving to it. So you should hopefully see an improvement in the speed of the site. Over the next few weeks we'll be moving all images and some other processes to the new server, to share the load between the two - hopefully with further speed improvements.

Waiting for ads, waiting for ads, waiting for ads . . .

But I guess that's the price of free. :)

Hmm, yeah there seems to be a problem - I've done some pruning to hopefully alleviate the problem - will keep an eye on it. We should be serving pages really fast, after all we have two dedicated servers for the site. Looks like further optimisation is required!

Hi,

not only is Trade2Win unbelievably slow today, my pages are looking very odd. The attached is how the standard style is now showing on my screen. I didn't have this problem when other people did before, is anyone else noticing the same problem?

Cheers

Attachments

• Trade2Win std forum style.PNG
    Trade2Win std forum style.PNG
    45.8 KB · Views: 227
MarkB said:
Hi,

not only is Trade2Win unbelievably slow today, my pages are looking very odd. The attached is how the standard style is now showing on my screen. I didn't have this problem when other people did before, is anyone else noticing the same problem?

Cheers

I have had this in the past and I agree it has been very slow today.....May be some kind of maintenance work is being carried out........

MarkB said:
Hi,

Cheers

Mark

Yes, the pages look odd for me as well and have been for a few days now. I had this problem a couple of weeks back, I thought it had been fixed but obviously not.

Speed is OK though.

dd

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing very slow access to Trade2Win pages. Its been like this for me since yesterday evening. Takes a couple of minutes to open pages at the moment.

Cheers.

Hi Mark,

I've been away this weekend, but there's been a big increase in traffic today - mostly search engine bots spidering the site - so that could have had an adverse effect on the speed. It's fine for me now though. I think the level of site traffic should revert to normal by tomorrow.

Cheers,

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I am still finding the site painfully slow at the moment but don't have this problem with any other site or pages so don't think it is my computer. Changing between pages is usually instant but it is still taking over a minute sometimes. Is anyone else finding a problem?

Cheers, MarkB

I have no issues at all which suggests that it is possibly something in your settings or you could try a different browser such as Firerox.

Paul

In recent days I've noticed myself the speed of the site has sometimes been flakey at best. We made some configuration changes to the servers yesterday evening and hope this has made an overall improvement to the page loading times of the site. Would be interested to know whether anyone has noticed an improvement today.