Derivatives Exchanges

DavidFR

Hi All,
Can you help me and tell me which are the largest options exchanges in europe ?
Thanks!!

I think probably Theice.com based in UK used to be LIFFE then became Euronext LIFFE then it became NYSE Euronext LIFFE - all good fun. For us UK punters it's the only source for delayed prices unless you take a mid point with IG prices.
I have a website for real education-http://optionsinvesting.co.uk

I think probably Theice.com based in UK used to be LIFFE then became Euronext LIFFE then it became NYSE Euronext LIFFE - all good fun. For us UK punters it's the only source for delayed prices unless you take a mid point with IG prices.
I have a website for real education-http://optionsinvesting.co.uk

Thank you very much. So what is the difference between Euronext and Eurex ?

Eurex is solely European stuff Euronext was bought out by NYSE,and that was bought out by theice.com, which has all uk derivatives and a ton of other stuff -what are you looking for?

I'm currently trading options in US exchanges.. and looking for heavy volume options in other large markets.. the thing is that you have tons of information (like daily options volume, etc) for US markets but much less for Europe markets (at least that is what I have experienced).
Maybe I'll be more specific - Where can I find data that includes options trading in Europe with average/daily volume?

I'm currently trading options in US exchanges.. and looking for heavy volume options in other large markets.. the thing is that you have tons of information (like daily options volume, etc) for US markets but much less for Europe markets (at least that is what I have experienced).
Maybe I'll be more specific - Where can I find data that includes options trading in Europe with average/daily volume?
You can find that on TheIce.com but if you are set up for the US don't bother with the UK-just don't mess with equity options, as a beginner. Trade European style index options then you won't get carted off by a freak trade