Deep insight

Disqplay

Has anyone heard of or used the program called Deep insight. Curious to hear from all who have used or tried this program. Currently thinking of purchasing the program, I have downloaded the trial version which only provides information that is approximately six month old but is limited in what you can do with it. I would like any and all comments the good the bad and the ugly just looking for honest opinions from the group. Thank you all in advanced for you comments.

Robert

Deepinsight comments

Disqplay said:
Has anyone heard of or used the program called Deep insight. Curious to hear from all who have used or tried this program. Currently thinking of purchasing the program, I have downloaded the trial version which only provides information that is approximately six month old but is limited in what you can do with it. I would like any and all comments the good the bad and the ugly just looking for honest opinions from the group. Thank you all in advanced for you comments.

Robert

I used Deepinsight for a couple of years when they used to sell a permanent license until they switched to year to year subscription then I thought it wa snot worth it. During the time I used it the authors made a number of improvements particularly with the ability of walk forward testing of the models they build. You ar eprobably familiar with the concept of the program. It lods several years of data, then it builds a neural model based on it, thenj it tries to apply this neural model to the new, unseen data as it comes in. A neural model means a model that tries to find non linear relationships, that it, relationships and patters which you would not be able to identify on a chart or using traditional indicators. My general impression was that it did not perform any better than an average trend following system. In times of a trending market the neural models would 'catch' the trend and stay with it until there is an indication the trend has been broken. in times of a sideway market you continuously get conflicting signals resulting in frequent trades with small losses. if the sideways period lasts a while these small losses begin to mount and quickly surpass the profit you gained from the last big trending movement. if you are looking for a neural network program, Deepinsight is one of them but is very limited in its neural net capabilities. it performs just like a black box trend following strategy. I am not queite sure it will make you money: probably a smuch as watching two moving averages on a chart would make you. i had to deal with the company a couple of times to get updates, etc. They were responsive with the only comment that once an update comes out they don't want anything to do with past owners unless they pay up to the current version. And one more thing. if you get it consuder the end of day version. They intraday functionality is very primitive and pretty much worthless.