Deal4Free Spike

Greying Surfer

If you read the thread reponses, you will notice that for some strange reason the original subject has been lost due to argumentative comments from certain individuals. No-one that responded to the original observation about the spike has an issue. Also, no-one even 'whinged or whined'!

mmillar decided that the thread wasn't interesting enough and his comments were bound to provoke a reaction.

No-one has a beef and my thread was a humble observation and I was just curious to find out what others had experienced. End of chat. It wasn't meant to start ww3!

Last edited:
Oatman

You should know and understand Joffs position in his post of 04.41 yesterday. We're not all made of money.

Grey Surfer

You said 'You've been told by D4F that it wouldn't have affected you'. No disrespects, but if you believe that then you obviously haven't dealt with them . They are notorious for avoiding their responsibilities until you show them that you have evidence to prove your case. BUT - they already have that evidence and always argue against you, on the basis that clients often haven't got the evidence.

You only need to read the second sentence of JayGE's post this morning to see what they are like ALL THE TIME.

I recommend anyone who hasn't dealt with D4F doesn't dismiss the genuine complaints of members.

Those members should post D4F's tricks to warn others so they are prepared when it hits them. IMHO

Although I never intended the thread as a 'beat d4f', I would have to agree with darren.

I have had to send screen shots, emails and sit on the phone a few times now.

I think in summary what I was trying to establish was where we stand as traders when things go wrong. As I put it to d4f, if HSBC messed around with their clients money in the same way that d4f have, they would have to answer to more than angry customers.

Don't get me wrong, I like d4f's software and spreads, It's just that they are having a few problems at the moment.

For those who cannot afford the 'better alternatives' if we want to continue trading, we will have to sit tight and hope that they get things sorted.

That's it from me! I hope we can now put the worms back in the can and love each other again ;) !

Cheers

I don't spread bet. Why do you have to stay with D4F if they're as crap as you say?

Oatman

it is a simple case of the 'grass appears greener' D4F can annoy the hell out of u sometimes, so u spit your dummy out & try someone else....then it is a case of u 'don't know what u have got until it is gone'...........& u go scampering back with your tail between your legs.

no matter how much u hate them D4F have the best SB platform at the mo

Jay

Can I just say that MMillar is not an idiot!

He's just saying, take responsibility for your own trading. That is the first step to becoming profitable long term. Losses are not the fault of the bookie, the broker, the exchange, the market, the professionals fixing the market, the CNBC commentators or anyone else. They are your trades, own them.

Nobody is forced to trade with D4F if it's costing them money. If your not making money from them, then don't use them. Simple.

darrren said:

Grey Surfer

You said 'You've been told by D4F that it wouldn't have affected you'. No disrespects, but if you believe that then you obviously haven't dealt with them . They are notorious for avoiding their responsibilities until you show them that you have evidence to prove your case. BUT - they already have that evidence and always argue against you, on the basis that clients often haven't got the evidence.

darren, I didn't say I'd been told by D4F it wouldn't have affected me. I said that's what joffliver said (because he did earlier in the thread!).

And yes I have dealt with D4F, and again, if you read the thread you will see that I quote an example of exactly this happening and where D4F, entirely unprompted, rang me to let me know that they were reversing the execution of my stop that had followed from their error, effectively handing me over £100, even though I'd never asked for it. So I'm afraid your experience doesnt' match with mine. As I said I not longer use them, but that's nothing to do with D4F, merely that I would never trade cash index SBs.these days, it's just not worth the grief. But that's an issue with the instrument, not the SB company