Deal4free / CMC

I have given up on Deal for what we give you.. and we make you wait for ages company
So touch not with the proverbial as far as I am concerned.

Out of all the brokerages/dealers that I have been in contact with during my time in trading, CMC are the ones that I trust the least. They may be onof the best/the best spreadbetter out there but compared to others I find them dodgy. I have sent several emails to them through their website and have not had one reply - hardly an effective way to establish trust and attract new customers - whereas most other companies that I have been in contact with always respond and within 1-2 days.

I don't think you could consider CMC as been anywhere close to being the best spreadbettor... the opposite end of the scale I would think is more appropriate, and yes dodgy is a word I would think of as well jtrader!

Hi Jumpin

yes, on a few occasions, but overall it has not presented a huge problem - it just makes me wary that it seems to be within their power to control execution speed and affect my performance as a trader.

Hi Racer, the reason why I think/thought that CMC are maybe the best spreadbet company is because they offer competitive narrow spreads of 2 points on the FTSE and market spreads on sectors like FTSE100 stocks - perhaps 99% of the time.
If they are not the best spreadbet company, then which spreadbet companies do you think are better and why?

Cheers

jtrader.

I don't know if it's been posted yet or not but any one interested at the moment that trades Vodafone.... City Index have a 0% spread on that share at the moment........

Also on the trading platforms ...i think CMC are the best platform at the moment ..I have been using CMC for about 1.5 years i have found them great for software/spreads...how ever i have noticed lately they are very slow at executing alot of trades over the last week and a half which is very annoying....
also Capital spreads i use again for tight spreads....they are quite good and you tend to get the price you hit however i have noticed they are holding back the prices big time comparing them to CMC....

I dont think you can just compare spreadbetters on spread alone IMO speed of excecution plays a greater part, although if a company can provide both then it is a bonus. Having recently opened a CMC account I can't comment as yet but would be interested to here from anyone who has experience of the following

Re-Quotes are these generally only a couple of points within the current spread or are they totally outside the spread ? if the requote is accepted is it instantly filled ?

Limit orders any instances of limit orders not being activated to take a profit or indeed to start a position after the price has gone past the limit price by say 10 points or so?

jtrader, I don't use spreadbetters that much any more, I trade indices but on longer swing type trades, I find that is more profitable for me. I would use spreadbetters for shares but find the spread and speed of access in getting filled too unreliable for the size of trade I do, so I do direct access CFDs and place orders on the book to get the other side of the spread. I was thinking of doing indices the same way but am on enough CG as it is!

Someone please explain to me the idea that D4F have the tightest spreads:

When you open a daily cash position, you pay the 5point spread.
BUT, you have to pay another 5 point spread when you want to close the position at the end of the day, because D4F ROLL-OVER the bet into the next day unless you close the position.

Thats a 10point spread surely.

Web Links

djia said:
Hi

I'm new to spread trading and have recently opened an account with Deal4Free. I've just tried to log onto their website but couldn't so tried to do a search - I found a web page with reviews of Deal4Free and to be honest it was pretty grim reading.

Has anybody any views / experience on this company please?

Many thanks.

Rob

Hi

Can you post the url's for the rewiews regarding deal4free.

Paul

If it's of interest, I've closed my CMC account due to severe problems with requotes (particularly sector indices) even when trading at very small levels. I have seen the price jump 20-30 points against me when I try and deal, only for it to revert to the previous price afterwards. A scam if there ever was one!

Is there a correlation between requotes and client profitability ?

If the client is a consistent loser, then SB companies would probably consider him/her a good client.

If you are consistently profitable, the SB may consider this client a threat to their profits.

Rainmaker, can we take it you are a net-winner? :)

Your trading profile and how it might impact on quotes given.

You have to understand that because 80% (I saw the figure somewhere) of all SB trades are made over the internet SB/CFD companies can very easily monitor the activities of each of their clients. Thus, when you enter a trade their trade management systems can easily identify whether you are typically "successful" or not. It would be unreasonable not to expect them to manage their position/risk. In otherwords, every time you trade you leave very clear footprints/trails. The long term viability of these SB/CFD companies is underpinned by analysing the profile of their clients.

Remember, these companies are basically offering the ability for their clients to trade.

They are not taking views on the direction of the market/stocks. (Despite what it looks like)

Obviously if you are "successful" that would suggest that they would want to hedge your trade before accepting your business (because they do not want to lose money by taking a view on direction of any trade).

Unfortunately, most clients are not "successful" and as such there is no need for SB/CFD companies to hedge their trades on balance ( a lot of client trades will effectively cancel each other out) . So for the vast majority of us, as long as we are not attempting a large trade, we should get pretty instant quotes.

Remember the source of the SB/CFD company profits comes from the spread quoted for each trade.

Whether this trading profile knowledge impacts the quote given to each trader, I leave up to you. However, one reason why you might get a re-quote is that the software has identified you as "getting it right" and they are trying to hedge your trade before accepting your business.

Hope this helps

PS: I have no connection to any SB/CFD other than as a customer.
However, I do know one of the CEOs who in a conversation commented on how they managed their business.

trendie,

As far as I know d4f do not charge spread on daily cash rollovers. You pay the offer to open and sell at the bid to close (for a long), so in yr example the spread would be 5pts regardless of the number of days' rolled over. However they will charge interest on longs which they add to the close price every evening.

Any experience with CMC Group

I have been paper trading with several companies and I like the layout of CMC's MarketMaker software and i like their spreads. I have had a few problems with the data feed and they assure me that it is only a problem with the demo software. I have had similar problems with another companies demo software so I'm not sure what to think. Can anyone give me any feed back on your own experience with this company?

Thanks!

there is a thread already on this but i don't know how to do a link :rolleyes:
if you go to - discussion boards - spread betting - deal4free/cmc

you have a lot of reading to do :cheesy:

You would have to trade CFDs because if you are a US resident spreadbetting is not permitted.

Paul